21 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID-19: First mRNA vaccine tech transfer hub a 'great step forward' UN News 21 Jun 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) is supporting a South African consortium in establishing the first COVID-19 mRNA vaccine technology transfer hub, the UN agency announced on Monday.
- Pandemic 'rolled back' sustainable development funding for weak economies: UNCTAD UN News 21 Jun 2021 -- Financial assistance to the world's 83 weakest economies fell by 15 per cent in 2020, to $35 billion as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic, UN trade and development experts UNCTAD said on Monday.
- DOD Awards $96.1 Million Contract to United Safety Technology, Inc. to Increase Domestic Production Capacity of Nitrile Gloves DoD 21 Jun 2021 -- On June 21, 2021, the Department of Defense (DOD), on behalf of and in coordination with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), awarded a $96.1 million contract to United Safety Technology, Inc., to increase domestic production of nitrile gloves.
- COVID-19 Effects Waning Across Defense Department, Pentagon DoD News 21 Jun 2021 -- By Wednesday, the restrictions on Pentagon personnel that were the result of COVID-19 will lift a bit, providing the ability for more personnel to work in the building and for larger numbers of people to gather in one location, the Pentagon press secretary said during a briefing today.
- Chinese mainland reports 1 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported one new locally transmitted COVID-19 case in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Monday.
- The China Speed: 1 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered PLA Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- More than 1 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered on the Chinese mainland as of June 19, according to the China's National Health Commission (NHC).
- More Lockdowns in China's Guangdong as COVID-19 Delta Variant Spreads Radio Free Asia 21 Jun 2021 -- Authorities in China are scrambling to vaccinate the entire population amid resurgent COVID-19 outbreaks in the southern province of Guangdong, state media and local residents said.
- Putin Says Coronavirus Situation In Some Regions 'Aggravated,' Authorities Rush To Cope RFE/RL 21 Jun 2021 -- Russian officials, grappling to contain a deadly new third wave of coronavirus infections, have reopened a mobile hospital in Moscow as President Vladimir Putin acknowledged the situation in some regions has worsened.
- India's COVID19 Vaccination Coverage crosses the landmark of 28 cr India PIB 21 Jun 2021 -- In a significant development, India's cumulative vaccination coverage has exceeded 28 Crores yesterday
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 157 India PIB 21 Jun 2021 -- The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 21 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 21 Jun 2021
- India Hits New Daily Vaccination Record VOA 21 Jun 2021 -- After a deadly second wave spurred changes in India's vaccine policy, the country announced it had given 7.5 million coronavirus vaccine doses Monday - a new single day record for inoculations.
- COVID-19 kills 136 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 21 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 83,101 with 136 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Tokyo Organizers Predict Safe Olympics, But Many in Japan Skeptical VOA 21 Jun 2021 -- Opinion polls have for months suggested most Japanese oppose holding the Olympics. Some medical experts warn the event could lead to coronavirus clusters or spread new variants.
- Japan Begins Workplace Vaccination Program VOA 21 Jun 2021 -- Thousands of Japanese companies began the rollout of their workplace vaccine programs Monday, inoculating company workers and their families.
- Taiwan Welcomes More COVID Vaccine Doses From US VOA 21 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan has welcomed the arrival of about 2.5 million doses of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine from the United States, a gesture that was met angrily by China.
- Taiwan reports 75 new COVID-19 cases, 20 deaths CNA 21 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Monday reported 75 new cases of COVID-19 and 20 COVID-related deaths, the first time the daily number of cases has dipped below 100 since May 19 when the country issued a nationwide Level 3 COVID-19 alert, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports 75 new COVID-19 cases, 20 deaths CNA 21 Jun 2021 -- Another COVID-19 case related to the Taoyuan Armed Forces General Hospital was reported on Monday, bringing the total number of confirmed cases linked to the hospital to 14.
- 85 nursing, care facilities in Taiwan report 339 COVID cases CNA 21 Jun 2021 -- COVID-19 outbreaks have been reported at 85 nursing homes or care institutions around Taiwan, involving a total of 339 confirmed infections, including 48 at a nursing home in Taipei's Shilin District, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Monday.
- Vietnam receives China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- A plane carrying a batch of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines on Sunday arrived at the Noi Bai International Airport in the Vietnamese capital Hanoi.
- China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Thailand People's Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- A batch of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines landed in the Thai capital of Bangkok Sunday, increasing support to the Southeast Asian country's battle against its worst wave of outbreak so far.
- China's assistance enables Ethiopia to keep fighting COVID-19: official People's Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- China has come to the aid of Ethiopia since COVID-19 broke out last year, enabling the African country to keep fighting the pandemic, a senior Ethiopian official has said.
- COVID-19 Slashes Immigration into Australia VOA 21 Jun 2021 -- New figures show that migration to Australia plummeted last year to the lowest level in more than 100 years.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|