15 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Background Press Call by Senior Administration Officials on the National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism The White House 15 Jun 2021
- Statement by President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. on the National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism The White House 15 Jun 2021
- FACT SHEET: National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism The White House 15 Jun 2021
- Statement from Secretary Mayorkas on the National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism DHS 15 Jun 2021 -- With today's release of the first-ever National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism, President Biden is demonstrating his steadfast commitment to addressing the most significant and persistent terrorism-related threat to the homeland today.
- Statement by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on the National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism DoD 15 Jun 2021 -- "The release today of the first-ever National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism is a milestone in our country's efforts to address a serious and growing security threat."
- Attorney General Merrick B. Garland Remarks: Domestic Terrorism Policy Address US Dept. of Justice 15 Jun 2021
- White House unveils plan to fight domestic terrorism Press TV 15 Jun 2021 -- The White House has unveiled US President Joe Biden's strategy for fighting domestic extremism and terrorism which have spiked in recent years.
- New Biden Administration Strategy Seeks to Confront Domestic Terrorism VOA 15 Jun 2021 -- The administration of U.S. President Joe Biden on Tuesday released its long-awaited strategy for countering domestic terrorism, a comprehensive plan that calls for both short- and long-term measures to confront the growing threat of attacks from militant white supremacists and other violent extremists.
- Trump Pressed Justice Department to Upend His Election Loss, Documents Show VOA 15 Jun 2021 -- In the last weeks of his administration, former U.S. President Donald Trump and his aides pressured the Justice Department to investigate his unfounded voting fraud complaints and upend his election loss, newly released documents Tuesday show.
- US Justice Department documents show Trump tried to overturn 2020 election Press TV 15 Jun 2021 -- A House of Representatives panel has said former US President Donald Trump, his chief of staff and other allies to pressure the Department of Justice to overturn the 2020 presidential election results.
- Biden, Putin Brace for Possible Fight Over Ransomware VOA 15 Jun 2021 -- As President Joe Biden prepares for his first meeting with Russia's Vladimir Putin on Wednesday in Geneva, the White House says the threat of ransomware will be a "significant topic" of conversation between the two leaders.
- PATRIOT 21 exercise underway at Volk Field Army News 15 Jun 2021 -- About 1,000 people are participating in PATRIOT 21, a domestic operations (DOMOPS) training exercise sponsored by the National Guard Bureau at Fort McCoy and Volk Field Air National Guard Base June 14â€“17.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 15 June 2021
- Domestic workers among hardest hit by COVID crisis, says UN labour agency UN News 15 Jun 2021 -- Domestic workers globally have been among the hardest hit by the COVID crisis, losing more jobs and working hours than other sectors, the UN labour agency ILO said on Tuesday.
- Millions of Domestic Workers Among Hardest Hit by Pandemic, Report Finds VOA 15 Jun 2021 -- A report by the International Labor Organization (ILO) finds 10 years after the landmark Convention on Domestic Workers was adopted, there has been little improvement in their work conditions.
- US Surpasses 600,000 Deaths from COVID, Leading the World VOA 15 Jun 2021 -- The United States has surpassed 600,000 dead from COVID-19, the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center reported Tuesday. The count spans from the beginning of the pandemic 15 months ago.
- Blacks, Hispanics More Likely to Die of COVID-19 in US, Associated Press Finds VOA 15 Jun 2021 -- As the United States approaches 600,000 COVID-19 related deaths, the Associated Press has uncovered data showing how the pandemic has exposed the country's wide racial inequalities.
- New Study Suggests Coronavirus Was Present in US Earlier than First Believed VOA 15 Jun 2021 -- The novel coronavirus was present in the U.S. in December 2019, weeks before health officials first identified infections, according to a new government study.
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 15 Jun 2021
- Coronavirus cases rising in 8 US states as some Americans refuse to get vaccinated Press TV 15 Jun 2021 -- Covid-19 infections are rising in at least eight US states as some Americans refuse to get vaccinated., according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
- China administers over 900 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine Global Times 15 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland has administered 904.13 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine as of Monday, amid accelerated efforts to advance the nationwide inoculation campaign, China's Health Commission announced Tuesday.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 151 India PIB 15 Jun 2021 -- India achieved a significant milestone in its ongoing COVID-19 vaccination drive today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 15 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 15 Jun 2021
- COVID-19 kills 134 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 15 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 82,351 with 134 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Iran drops Pakistan, France from red list of air travel destinations Press TV 15 Jun 2021 -- Iran's Civil Aviation Organization (CAO) has allowed a resumption of flights to and from Pakistan and France after designating the two countries as safe enough considering the risk of infection with the coronavirus.
- New COVID-19 cases under 200 for third consecutive day CNA 15 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported 135 new cases of COVID-19, marking the third straight day with fewer than 200 cases and indicating that the outbreak continues to ease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan thanks Japan for mulling another vaccine shipment CNA 15 Jun 2021 -- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) on Tuesday thanked Japan for considering the possibility of sending more COVID-19 vaccines to Taiwan, after making its first donation of 1.24 million AstraZeneca vaccine doses on June 4.
- Taiwan's Miaoli reports 18 new COVID-19 cases at 4 high-tech firms CNA 15 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan's Miaoli County on Tuesday reported 18 new cases of COVID-19 involving four local tech companies, including for the first time one from flat panel maker Innolux Corp.
- President Tsai urges senior citizens to get COVID-19 jabs soon CNA 15 Jun 2021 -- President Tsai Ing-wen (è”¡è‹±æ–‡) on Tuesday appealed to senior citizens in Taiwan to get vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible, as priority is being given to that vulnerable group amid an outbreak of domestic cases.
- Emergency Anti-epidemic Campaign Further Intensified in DPRK KCNA 15 Jun 2021 -- The emergency campaign for checking the inroads of the malignant coronavirus is further intensified across the country.
- North Korea Has Been Importing Chinese COVID-19 Vaccines Since Early May Radio Free Asia 15 Jun 2021 -- North Korea has begun clandestinely importing Chinese COVID-19 vaccines since early May, but sources on both sides of the Sino-Korean border told RFA they were unsure how much vaccine is entering the reclusive country.
- Israel Cancels Mandatory Indoor Masks Sputnik 15 Jun 2021 -- The Israeli Health Ministry on Tuesday said that it is cancelling the requirement to wear masks indoors as a preventative measure against the coronavirus.
- Mexico Receives 1.35 Million COVID Vaccines from US VOA 15 Jun 2021 -- Mexico has received 1.35 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson, single-dose COVID-19 vaccine donated by the United States.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|