14 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- New Pentagon Watchdog Facing 'Significant Challenges' in Internal Anti-Extremism Effort VOA 14 Jun 2021 -- A new effort to track the extent to which extremists have infiltrated the U.S. military may be in trouble even before it has the chance to produce any results.
- Putin rejects 'farcical' US accusation of Russia cyberattacks, says open to prisoner swap Press TV 14 Jun 2021 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has dismissed as "farcical" accusations that Moscow has been waging cyber warfare against the United States, stressing there is no proof for the claims put forward by Washington.
- Putin Dismisses US Claims of Russian Cyberattacks VOA 14 Jun 2021 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin is sharply dismissing U.S. claims that Moscow and Russian hackers are carrying out debilitating cyberattacks on American companies and government agencies, including demands for millions of dollars in ransom to restore corporate computer operating systems.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly operational update on COVID-19 - 14 June 2021
- G7 pledges 870 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses, half to be delivered by end of 2021 People's Daily 14 Jun 2021 -- Leaders of G7 countries have agreed in an agreement at their summit to share at least 870 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines directly, at least half of which are to be delivered by the end of 2021, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Sunday.
- COVID-19 cases drop for seventh week, but deaths fall less slowly: WHO UN News 14 Jun 2021 -- The number of new COVID-19 cases reported to the UN health agency has declined for seven weeks in a row, in what the top official there called on Monday "the longest sequence of weekly declines during the pandemic so far".
- WHO Chief: New COVID-19 Cases Decline for 7 Weeks VOA 14 Jun 2021 -- The World Health Organization said Monday that while the number of new COVID-19 cases has fallen steadily for seven straight weeks, the virus continues to spread and kill people in Africa, a region with little or no access to vaccines and treatments.
- Novavax Reports Vaccine 90% Effective; Supply Questions Remain VOA 14 Jun 2021 -- Another highly effective vaccine is poised to join the fight against COVID-19.
- Covid relief could be fleeting in US regions with lower inoculation rates: Experts Press TV 14 Jun 2021 -- American health experts are warning that relief from the coronavirus pandemic could be fleeting in US regions where few people get vaccinated.
- Chinese Lab-Leak Investigators Demand Inquiry into Role Science Journals Played During Pandemic VOA 14 Jun 2021 -- Scientists who have been challenging the theory that the coronavirus emerged naturally and couldn't have leaked from a Chinese lab are calling for an inquiry into the role played during the pandemic by leading Western science and medical journals, including Nature and The Lancet.
- UPDATE: Guangzhou lifts COVID-19 lockdowns in 11 areas Global Times 14 Jun 2021 -- Guangzhou, capital of South China's Guangdong Province, has started to lift COVID-19 lockdowns for qualified communities as part of scientific epidemic prevention and control measures amid the latest coronavirus surge.
- Over 892 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 14 Jun 2021 -- Over 892.7 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Sunday, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Carrie Lam urges Hong Kong people to get COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 14 Jun 2021 -- Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Carrie Lam on Sunday called on residents to get the COVID-19 vaccine to let daily lives in the global financial hub return to normal at an early date.
- Chinese mainland reports 4 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported four new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, all reported in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Monday.
- China's Guangdong reports 4 locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Jun 2021 -- South China's Guangdong Province reported four locally transmitted COVID-19 cases on Sunday, all in the provincial capital Guangzhou, according to the provincial health commission.
- Britain Delays Plans to Lift COVID-19 Lockdowns VOA 14 Jun 2021 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has delayed plans to lift coronavirus restrictions by a month because of the highly contagious Delta variant, first identified in India.
- India reports 70,421 Daily New Cases in the last 24 hours; lowest after 74 days India PIB 14 Jun 2021 -- India continues to report a sustained slide in the daily new COVID cases
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 150 India PIB 14 Jun 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country has reached more than 25.87 Cr (25,87,13,321) as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 14 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 14 Jun 2021
- Oxygen Expresses deliver more than 30455 MT of LMO to the Nation India PIB 14 Jun 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country.
- COVID-19 kills 119 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 14 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 82,217 with 119 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Iran's starts emergency use of first homegrown COVID-19 vaccine: Health minister Press TV 14 Jun 2021 -- The Iranian Health Ministry says the country has been authorized to start emergency use of its first domestically-produced COVID-19 vaccine, known as COVIran Barekat.
- Iran Approves Emergency Use Of Domestic COVID Vaccine RFE/RL 14 Jun 2021 -- Iranian authorities say they have given emergency approval for a domestically developed vaccine against COVID-19 as the country battles the Middle East's deadliest coronavirus outbreak.
- South Korean President Says He's Willing to Share COVID Vaccines with North VOA 14 Jun 2021 -- South Korean President Moon Jae-in said Monday he is willing to provide COVID-19 vaccine aid to North Korea if the isolated country agrees.
- Taiwan's COVID case number below 200 for second straight day CNA 14 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Monday reported a daily total of below 200 new COVID-19 cases for the second consecutive day for the first time since May 15, indicating the outbreak is easing, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan tightens quarantine rules for unvaccinated flight crew CNA 14 Jun 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Monday announced tightened quarantine rules for flight crew members who are unvaccinated against COVID-19, as well as mandating antibody tests for those who are fully vaccinated.
- Taiwan mulls implementing rapid PCR tests at COVID-19 hotspots CNA 14 Jun 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Monday said it was mulling implementing rapid polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests at COVID-19 hotspots across Taiwan in order to eliminate diagnosis delays.
- Taiwan reports 175 COVID-19 cases, 26 deaths Sunday People's Daily 14 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 175 COVID-19 cases, including 174 local infections, the island's disease monitoring agency said.
- UK, Zimbabwe Announce New COVID Lockdowns VOA 14 Jun 2021 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to announce Monday that the lifting of U.K. restrictions imposed because of the coronavirus pandemic will be pushed back for another two to four weeks.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|