13 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- US, Russia Spar on Cyberattacks Ahead of Biden-Putin Summit VOA 13 Jun 2021 -- The United States and Russia sparred Sunday about responsibility for debilitating cyberattacks as U.S. President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin prepared for their summit in Geneva on Wednesday.
- Putin Says Russia Is Ready To Hand Over Cybercriminals, But Only If U.S. Does The Same RFE/RL 13 Jun 2021 -- President Vladimir Putin has said Russia would be ready to hand over suspected cybercriminals to the United States but only if Washington did the same for Moscow and if the two powers reached an agreement on the matter.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Landmark G7 agreement pledges 870 million COVID-19 vaccine doses, half by end-2021 UN News 13 Jun 2021 -- A senior UN official welcomed on Sunday, the Group of Seven (G7) leading industrialized nations' commitment to immediately share at least 870 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, supporting global access and helping to end the acute phase of the pandemic.
- G-7 Leaders Pledge More than 1 Billion COVID Vaccines Doses to Poorer Nations VOA 13 Jun 2021 -- G-7 leaders have wrapped up their summit in Carbis Bay, England, pledging more than one billion COVID-19 vaccine doses to poorer nations and calling out China on several issues.
- Over 878 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 13 Jun 2021 -- Over 878.5 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Saturday, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports six new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 13 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported six new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, all reported in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Sunday.
- EU regulator suggests halt to AstraZeneca jab for all age groups over potential side effects Press TV 13 Jun 2021 -- Europe's drug regulator has suggested that countries stop using AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine for all age groups as more alternatives have become available amid fears of rare blood clots.
- Britain Expected to Delay Lifting COVID-related Restrictions VOA 13 Jun 2021 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to announce the delay of the easing of COVID-19-related restrictions due to the growing presence in the U.K. of the Delta variant of the coronavirus, first identified in India.
- COVID-19 Cases Hit New Highs In Russia RFE/RL 13 Jun 2021 -- Russia reported another sharp rise in fresh COVID-19 cases on June 13, a day after the mayor of Moscow told residents of the Russian capital to say home from work next week to curb the spread of the virus.
- India reports 80,834 new cases in the last 24 hours; lowest after 71 days India PIB 13 Jun 2021 -- India has reported 80,834 Daily New Cases in the last 24 hours
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 13 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 13 Jun 2021
- Oxygen Expresses cross the milestone of 30000 MT of LMO delivery in service to the Nation India PIB 13 Jun 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country
- COVID-19 kills 187 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 13 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 82,098 with 187more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- COVID-19 vaccine rollout starts in Taiwan's armed forces CNA 13 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan's military has started to administer the 45,000 doses of the AstraZeneca (AZ) vaccine it was allocated by the central government, the Ministry of National Defense (MND) said Sunday.
- Minister hopes Chinese firm will not interfere with vaccine purchase CNA 13 Jun 2021 -- Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Sunday that he hoped the Chinese firm Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Co., which reportedly holds the distribution rights to the BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in the Greater China area, will not interfere with Taiwan's attempts to purchase vaccines from the German company.
- Taiwan's daily COVID case count dips below 200 for first time in weeks CNA 13 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 175 new cases of COVID-19, the first time the daily total has dropped below 200 since May 15 when 180 new cases were reported, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports 175 new COVID-19 cases, 26 deaths CNA 13 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 175 new cases of COVID-19, all but one of which were domestically transmitted, as well as 26 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Cambodia receives new batch of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 13 Jun 2021 -- Cambodia Saturday received another batch of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine, boosting the Southeast Asian nation in its inoculation drive.
- Cape Verde receives COVID-19 vaccines from China People's Daily 13 Jun 2021 -- Cape Verde on Saturday received 50,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses provided by China.
- Canada's COVID-19 cases surpass 1.4 million People's Daily 13 Jun 2021 -- Canada reported 1,115 new daily cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, bringing the cumulative total to 1,400,827, including 25,910 deaths, according to CTV.
- COVID-19 Worsens Venezuela Displacement Crisis VOA 13 Jun 2021 -- U.N. refugee and migration agencies are appealing for international support for 5.6 million Venezuelan refugees and migrants who have fled persecution and economic hardship and taken refuge in countries in the region.
- Zimbabwe Reimposes a Lockdown to Contain Rising Coronavirus Cases VOA 13 Jun 2021 -- Zimbabwe's government on Monday is reintroducing a lockdown as a way to contain rising coronavirus cases in the southern African nation.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|