12 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Pentagon to redirect $2.2 billion in border wall funds back to military projects Press TV 12 Jun 2021 -- The Pentagon says it will restore $2.2 billion to military projects that were cancelled by the Trump administration to pay for a wall along the US-Mexico border to prevent immigrants from coming to the United States.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- G-7 Leaders Vow No Pandemic Repeat VOA 12 Jun 2021 -- Leaders of the G-7 are set to sign the Carbis Bay Declaration, described as a "historic statement setting out a series of concrete commitments to prevent any repeat of the human and economic devastation wreaked by coronavirus."
- G-7 Leaders Expected to Commit to Plan to Handle Future Pandemics VOA 12 Jun 2021 -- Global leaders meeting at the G-7 summit in England are expected to commit to the "Carbis Bay Declaration" to crush any future pandemics within the first 100 days.
- U.S. states warned over scaling back on reporting COVID-19 data: media People's Daily 12 Jun 2021 -- Only about half of U.S. states still provide daily updates on key COVID-19 metrics such as new cases, deaths, hospitalizations and vaccinations, a trend that worries some public health experts, CNN reported on Friday.
- China's Guangdong reports 8 locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Jun 2021 -- South China's Guangdong Province reported eight locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases on Friday, all in the provincial capital Guangzhou, according to the provincial health committee.
- Chinese mainland reports eight new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported eight new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, all in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- China approves emergency use of domestic vaccines for 3-17 age group People's Daily 12 Jun 2021 -- China has approved the emergency use of its domestic inactivated vaccines against COVID-19 on people aged from 3 to 17, according to a press conference held on Friday.
- Moscow Shuts Down Workweek Over Massive COVID-19 Spike RFE/RL 12 Jun 2021 -- Moscow's mayor has announced a non-working week on June 15-19 in response to a spike in COVID-19 cases, as both the Russian capital and the rest of the country reported the highest number of new coronavirus infections since winter.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 148 India PIB 12 Jun 2021 -- India achieved a significant milestone in its ongoing COVID-19 vaccination drive today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 12 Jun 2021 -- The matter of the alleged hacking of the Co-WIN system has now been investigated by the Computer Emergency Response Team of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MietY).
- India reports 84,332 New Cases in the last 24 hours; lowest after 70 days India PIB 12 Jun 2021 -- India has reported 84,332 Daily New Cases in the last 24 hours.The country has recorded less than 1 lakh Daily New Cases for 5 continuous days now
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 12 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 12 Jun 2021
- COVID-19 kills 115 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 12 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 81,911 with 115 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Chinese firm asserts right to distribute BNT vaccine to Taiwan: report CNA 12 Jun 2021 -- Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., the distributor of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in the Greater China area, has insisted that any sale of the vaccine to Taiwan, either to the government or a private company, will have to go through its distribution network, according to a report on a Chinese investment and trading platform.
- Taiwan begins administering AstraZeneca vaccine donated by Japan CNA 12 Jun 2021 -- Several cities and counties in Taiwan, including New Taipei, Tainan and Kaohsiung, on Saturday began administering the AstraZeneca vaccine received last week from Japan.
- Taiwan FDA approves imports of COVID-19 home test kits CNA 12 Jun 2021 -- Imports of two types of COVID-19 home test kits to Taiwan have been approved, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 251 new COVID-19 cases, 26 deaths (update) CNA 12 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported 251 new cases of COVID-19, all but one of which was domestically transmitted, as well as 26 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan expands rollout of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine CNA 12 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan is expanding the rollout of its Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to cover everyone listed at the top of the vaccination priority list, including non-medical personnel at government quarantine centers, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|