11 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- DHS Releases Plan for Use of Border Barrier Funds DHS 11 Jun 2021 -- Today, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released the agency's plan for funds the previous administration was planning to use for construction of a border wall at the Southwest border of the United States. The plan fulfills a requirement of President Biden's Proclamation ending the diversion of funds for border wall, and outlines steps DHS will take to end wall expansion to the extent permitted by law and address life, safety, and environmental concerns.
- DOD Announces Plan to Restore $2.2 Billion in Funding Previously Used for Border Barrier Construction DoD 11 Jun 2021 -- In accordance with President Biden's direction in Presidential Proclamation 10142 issued on January 20, 2021, the Department of Defense has developed a plan for redirecting funds and repurposing contracts as appropriate and consistent with applicable law.
- Daughter of Notorious Mexican Cartel Leader Sentenced for Criminal Violation of the Foreign Narcotics Kingpin Designation Act US Dept. of Justice 11 Jun 2021 -- The daughter of the leader of the Mexican drug trafficking organization known as the Cartel de Jalisco Nueva Generacion (CJNG), a dual U.S.-Mexican citizen, was sentenced today to 30 months in prison for willfully engaging in financial dealings with Mexican companies that had been identified as specially designated narcotics traffickers by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury (OFAC).
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Guterres: Vaccines should be considered 'global public goods' UN News 11 Jun 2021 -- Lifesaving COVID-19 vaccines should be considered "global public goods", the UN chief told journalists on Friday, covering the G7 Summit of leading industrialized nations taking place in the United Kingdom.
- G-7 Will Donate 1 Billion COVID Vaccines to World VOA 11 Jun 2021 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the G-7 nations, set to meet Friday, are to announce a plan to donate a billion COVID-19 vaccine doses to low- and middle-income countries.
- British PM Urges G-7 Leaders to Donate COVID Vaccines VOA 11 Jun 2021 -- The G-7 nations announced Friday that they will donate a billion COVID-19 vaccine doses to low- and medium-income nations. The U.S., as previously announced, will donate 500 million shots, while Britain will donate 100 million.
- FDA extends shelf life of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine amid expiration controversy People's Daily 11 Jun 2021 -- Johnson & Johnson said on Thursday the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has extended the shelf life of its single-shot COVID-19 vaccine from 3 months to 4.5 months, as millions of unused doses nationwide are set to expire this month.
- More elderly, children among infections in Guangdong's latest COVID-19 outbreak Global Times 11 Jun 2021 -- The elderly and children account for more infected people in the latest COVID-19 outbreak in South China's Guangdong Province, among whom around 30 percent are over 60 years old, and 13 percent are under 14 years old, local health officials announced Friday.
- China's Guangdong reports 9 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Jun 2021 -- China's Guangdong Province registered nine locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases on Thursday, the provincial health committee said Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 9 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported nine new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, all in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- British Doctors Union Urges Government Not to Reopen VOA 11 Jun 2021 -- The main doctors union in Britain is calling on the government to delay its plans to ease coronavirus lockdown restrictions as new data shows a spike in cases of the highly transmissible delta variant.
- UK to donate 100 million coronavirus vaccine doses UK FCDO 11 Jun 2021 -- The UK will donate 100 million surplus coronavirus vaccine doses to the world within the next year, the Prime Minister has announced today.
- Britain's Vaccine Minister Urges Caution Regarding Reopening VOA 11 Jun 2021 -- Britain's COVID-19 vaccines minister urged caution Friday regarding the planned full reopening of the nation later this month, speaking the same day the number of new cases spiked in the nation â€” 90 percent of which were the highly transmissible delta variant.
- Moscow Mayor Sounds Alarm Over COVID-19 Surge RFE/RL 11 Jun 2021 -- Moscow's mayor has sounded the alarm over a spike in COVID-19 cases as both the Russian capital and the rest of the country reported the highest number of new coronavirus infections since winter.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 147 India PIB 11 Jun 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country has reached more than 24.93 Cr (24,93,16,572) as per the 7 pm provisional report today.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 11 Jun 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 11 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- Oxygen Expresses deliver more than 14800 MT of LMO to the southern states of the country India PIB 11 Jun 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country.<
- Iran's Razi-COV Pars coronavirus vaccine confirmed as safe IRNA 11 Jun 2021 -- Razi Vaccine and Serum Research Institute Deputy of Research and Technology said on Friday that the institute's Razi-COV Pars coronavirus vaccine has been confirmed to be harmless.
- COVID-19 kills 124 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 11 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 81,796 with 124 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 287 COVID-19 cases; holiday travel advised against CNA 11 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan reported 287 new COVID-19 cases Friday and 24 new deaths while Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) repeated a call for people not to travel on the Dragon Boat Festival long weekend holiday that starts Saturday.
- Taiwan to administer vaccines donated from Japan starting Saturday CNA 11 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan will be able to start administering the 1.24 million shots of AstraZeneca vaccine it received last week from Japan beginning Saturday, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said on Friday.
- Taiwan's President Tsai apologizes for COVID-19 deaths CNA 11 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan's President Tsai Ing-wen (è”¡è‹±æ–‡) on Friday apologized for the lost of lives in the country due to the COVID-19 outbreak and vowed that her government will make necessary adjustments to win the battle against the new coronavirus.
- Taiwan's way of granting EUA for local COVID vaccines unprecedented: Minister CNA 11 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan's alternative approach to evaluating the efficacy of its COVID-19 vaccine candidates has not been used by any other country in the world as the basis for granting Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) acknowledged on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 266 COVID-19 cases, 28 deaths Thursday People's Daily 11 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 266 COVID-19 cases and 28 deaths, the island's disease monitoring agency said.
- Taiwanese Panic About Health Amid COVID Surge, Vaccine Shortage VOA 11 Jun 2021 -- People in Taiwan, which had held off COVID-19 throughout most the global pandemic, are panicking about their health and income this month as the island grapples with its first major outbreak and shutters businesses amid limited vaccine supplies.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|