08 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- FBI's Encrypted Phone Platform Infiltrated Hundreds of Criminal Syndicates; Result is Massive Worldwide Takedown DoJ -US Attorney - DC 08 Jun 2021 -- A wave of hundreds of arrests that began in Australia and stretched across Europe culminated today with the unsealing of a federal grand jury indictment in San Diego charging 17 foreign nationals with distributing thousands of encrypted communication devices to criminal syndicates.
- How a Fake FBI-Encrypted Device Ensnared Criminals Around the World VOA 08 Jun 2021 -- The global sting operation billed as "Trojan Shield" that led to the arrests of hundreds of criminals this week began with the takedown of an encrypted device maker catering to drug traffickers around the world.
- 800 Arrested in Global Organized Crime Investigation VOA 08 Jun 2021 -- More than 800 suspects have been arrested, 32 tons of drugs seized and $148 million confiscated in a massive global organized crime investigation, law enforcement authorities said Tuesday.
- Pipeline Executive Felt Cornered by Ransomware Attack VOA 08 Jun 2021 -- The top executive for the biggest fuel pipeline operator in the United States told lawmakers he felt like he had no choice but to pay off hackers after a ransomware attack shut down operations along the East Coast.
- US Senate Committees Highlight Intelligence, Security Failures in Capitol Attack VOA 08 Jun 2021 -- Two U.S. Senate committees issued a joint report Tuesday detailing "a number of intelligence and security failures" ahead of and during the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.
- Senate Report on Capitol Storming Details Lack of Intel Sharing, Broken Command Sputnik 08 Jun 2021 -- A new Senate report, published on Tuesday, has uncovered a string of intelligence and security failures leading up to and on January 6 that allowed Donald Trump's supporters to breach the Capitol building.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 8 June 2021
- Infection Numbers Continue to Decline, but COVID-19 Response Team Warns About Variants VOA 08 Jun 2021 -- While coronavirus infection rates and hospitalizations continue to plummet across the United States, the White House COVID-19 Response Team said Tuesday the Delta variant strain of the virus that causes the disease still poses a threat, particularly among the younger population.
- WHO chief says vaccine inequality has caused 'two-track pandemic' Press TV 08 Jun 2021 -- World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus says vaccine inequality between rich and poor countries has created "a two-track pandemic."
- DOD Vaccine Centers Draw Down to 5 DoD News 08 Jun 2021 -- Back in February, the Defense Department partnered with the Federal Emergency Management Agency to set up community vaccination centers to administer COVID-19 vaccines to Americans who wanted them.
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 08 Jun 2021
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Official The White House 08 Jun 2021
- Report: US-Commissioned Study Found Coronavirus Could Have Leaked From Chinese Lab VOA 08 Jun 2021 -- The Wall Street Journal says a report issued by a U.S. government laboratory last year concluded that a theory that the COVID-19 pandemic originated due to a leak from a laboratory in the Chinese city of Wuhan is plausible and deserved further investigation.
- China will continue to provide COVID-19 vaccines and anti-pandemic supplies to the Philippines: Chinese FM Global Times 08 Jun 2021 -- China will continue to provide COVID-19 vaccines and other anti-pandemic supplies to the Philippines, according its needs, to help the country weather the pandemic as soon as possible, Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said during a meeting with his Philippine counterpart on Monday.
- China dispatches vaccine, syringe aid to 66 countries People's Daily 08 Jun 2021 -- China has completed dispatching COVID-19 vaccines and syringes to 66 countries and one international organization as of Sunday amid efforts to provide vaccine aid and strengthen international cooperation, the Ministry of Commerce (MOC) said.
- Over 794 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 08 Jun 2021 -- Over 794.1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Monday, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- Guangdong reports 19 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 Jun 2021 -- China's Guangdong Province registered 19 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases on Monday, the provincial health commission said Tuesday.
- Hong Kong reports 1 new local infection of COVID-19 People's Daily 08 Jun 2021 -- Hong Kong's daily increase of COVID-19 cases remained at a low level on Monday, with one locally transmitted and six imported from overseas.
- EU in talks with third countries on mutual recognition of COVID travel certificates People's Daily 08 Jun 2021 -- The following are the updates on the global fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- As Indian States are Looking Forward to Lifting COVID Restrictions, Concerns Among Doctors Rise Sputnik 08 Jun 2021 -- After the devastating impact of the second wave of coronavirus on India, several states of the country are planning to ease their COVID-19 lockdowns as cases are decreasing. However, doctors and health experts are concerned about a possible third wave, saying it's "too soon".
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 144 India PIB 08 Jun 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country has reached close to 23.88 Cr (23,88,40,635) as per the 7 pm provisional report today.
- Fresh Order for Vaccines placed to achieve Universalization of Vaccination India PIB 08 Jun 2021 -- Government of India has been supporting the efforts of States and UTs for an effective Vaccination drive under the 'Whole of Government" approach since 16th January this year
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 08 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 08 Jun 2021
- Oxygen Expresses deliver nearly 27600 MT of LMO to the Nation India PIB 08 Jun 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country.
- COVID-19 kills 179 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 08 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 81,362 with 179 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Iran says it would supply second dose of COVID vaccines with short delay Press TV 08 Jun 2021 -- An Iranian deputy health minister has dismissed concerns about a shortage of coronavirus vaccines for a second round of injections, saying supplies will be ready for people who received a first dose as of next working week beginning Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 219 COVID-19 cases, 22 deaths (update) CNA 08 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported 219 cases of COVID-19, all of which were domestic infections, as well as 22 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Moderna vaccine rollout to start with medical personnel on Wednesday CNA 08 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan will start its rollout of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine Wednesday, with the vaccine prioritized for medical workers at hospitals where COVID-19 patients are being treated, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Tuesday.
- Taiwan extends level-3 COVID-19 alert again People's Daily 08 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan will extend its level-3 COVID-19 alert to June 28, as the recent outbreak has shown no signs of easing, the island's disease monitoring agency said Monday.
- Cambodia Announces Highest Daily COVID-19 Death Toll Radio Free Asia 08 Jun 2021 -- Cambodia Tuesday announced the country's highest daily coronavirus death toll to date, while an international human rights group called on Phnom Penh to protect the country's vulnerable poor from the harsh economic fallout from the pandemic.
- Zimbabwe Rejects Donation of COVID-19 Vaccine Amid Shortages VOA 08 Jun 2021 -- Zimbabwe's government is facing criticism for turning down a donation of three million doses of the Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. Authorities say they are not prepared to deal with the refrigeration requirements and possible side effects. But critics also point to politics as the reason behind the government's decision.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|