07 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Department of Justice Seizes $2.3 Million in Cryptocurrency Paid to the Ransomware Extortionists Darkside US Dept. of Justice 07 Jun 2021 -- The Department of Justice today announced that it has seized 63.7 bitcoins currently valued at approximately $2.3 million. These funds allegedly represent the proceeds of a May 8, ransom payment to individuals in a group known as DarkSide, which had targeted Colonial Pipeline, resulting in critical infrastructure being taken out of operation.
- US Snatches Back Ransom from Colonial Pipeline Hackers VOA 07 Jun 2021 -- U.S. law enforcement officials say they have hit back at the Russian-based criminal network that caused gas pipelines to shut down across parts of the country last month, seizing much of the multimillion-dollar ransom payment before it could be used.
- U.S. Seizes Most Of Bitcoin Ransom From Colonial Pipeline Attack RFE/RL 07 Jun 2021 -- The United States has recovered most of the bitcoin ransom paid to the suspected Russia-based Darkside cybercriminal group behind the attack on Colonial Pipeline last month that temporarily shut down the largest U.S. fuel network.
- US officials warn cyberattacks are 'here to stay' amid surge in hacking Press TV 07 Jun 2021 -- US officials have warned of a growing threat of cyberattacks against American companies and government entities as the country has been hit by a string of hacking attacks, targeting key national entities.
- Blinken: Biden will warn Putin on future cyberattacks Press TV 07 Jun 2021 -- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has revealed that President Joe Biden's upcoming meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin is about the recent devastating cyberattacks on US soil which Washington has compared the to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Estonian Cyberexperts Partake in NATO-Led Interoperability Exercise, Defense Forces Say Sputnik 07 Jun 2021 -- Estonian specialists will take part in the NATO-backed Coalition Warrior Interoperability eXercise (CWIX) on the technical compatibility of telecommunications technologies and cybersecurity of the alliance's member states, the Estonian Defense Forces announced on Monday.
- Netherlands Admits 4 Nationals Held by Kurds in Syria VOA 07 Jun 2021 -- A senior government delegation from the Netherlands arrived in Qamishli, a predominantly Kurdish city in northeastern Syria, to take back four Dutch nationals tied to the Islamic State.
- Iranian Cleric Who Allegedly Founded Lebanese Hezbollah Dead Due to COVID-19 Sputnik 07 Jun 2021 -- Mohtashamipur, a close follower of Iran's late Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, was reportedly responsible for making alliances with Muslim groups across the Middle East in the 1970s while serving on behalf of the former Iranian leader.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly operational update on COVID-19 - 7 June 2021
- COVID-19 Triggers Global Labor Crisis VOA 07 Jun 2021 -- Negotiating solutions to the global work crisis triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic will be at the center of discussions at the International Labor Conference over the next two-weeks. Some 4,700 delegates from 176 countries have registered to attend thÐµ conference, held virtually for the first time because of the pandemic.
- WHO warns of 'two-track pandemic' as cases decline but vaccine inequity persists UN News 07 Jun 2021 -- Even though COVID-19 cases and deaths have declined in recent weeks, the world is facing a "two-track pandemic", the UN's top health official said on Monday in his ongoing campaign to get more vaccines to developing countries.
- Blinken Slams China's Lack of Transparency Amid Review of COVID-19 Origins VOA 07 Jun 2021 -- The United States renewed its call to "get to the bottom of" the origins of COVID-19, singling out China for bending international organizations to its worldview as the U.S. restores its annual contributions to the World Health Organization.
- China has administered 777 million doses of COVID19 vaccines as of Sun: NHC Global Times 07 Jun 2021 -- China has administered 777 million doses of COVID19 vaccines as of Sun: NHC
- China to vaccinate 3-17 age group as experts confirm safety, efficacy Global Times 07 Jun 2021 -- China is expected to administer COVID-19 vaccines to at least 70 percent of the targeted population by year end, an official from the National Health Commission confirmed, as the country continues to ramp up its inoculation drive to approve the emergency use of COVID-19 vaccines for those aged between 3 and 17 years old.
- China approves COVID-19 vaccines for children above 3 years old Global Times 07 Jun 2021 -- China has begun to allow those aged between three and 17 years old to get shots of COVID-19 vaccines, making it the first country to approve these vaccines for such a young age group. Chinese observers said the country will follow the plan step-by-step out of safety concerns and based on production capacity.
- China's Shenzhen reports one new confirmed COVID-19 case People's Daily 07 Jun 2021 -- Health authorities of south China's Shenzhen Municipality reported one confirmed COVID-19 case on Monday.
- Macao tightens border control with Guangdong over COVID-19 People's Daily 07 Jun 2021 -- The Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) decided on Monday to tighten border control with the neighboring Guangdong Province in the mainland, given the COVID-19 epidemic situation in Guangdong.
- East China's Anhui clears areas with medium, high COVID-19 risks People's Daily 07 Jun 2021 -- The city of Lu'an in east China's Anhui Province downgraded the last medium-risk area for COVID-19 to low-risk, marking the clearance of all areas with medium or high risk for the novel coronavirus in the province, the health commission of Lu'an announced Monday.
- 21 COVID-19 vaccines enter clinical trials in China: official People's Daily 07 Jun 2021 -- China has witnessed 21 COVID-19 vaccines enter clinical trials, an official with the National Health Commission (NHC) said Sunday.
- 21 COVID-19 vaccines enter clinical trials in China: official People's Daily 07 Jun 2021 -- The southern Chinese city of Guangzhou on Sunday asked its residents not to leave the city unless necessary as a precaution against the latest COVID-19 resurgence.
- Chinese mainland reports five new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported five new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, all reported in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Monday.
- Hong Kong reports 7 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Jun 2021 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported seven cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, taking the tally in Hong Kong to 11,858.
- Over 763 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 07 Jun 2021 -- Over 763 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Saturday, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Slovakia Becomes Second EU Member To Use Russia's Sputnik Vaccine RFE/RL 07 Jun 2021 -- Slovakia has become the second European Union member state to start inoculating its citizens with the Russian-made Sputnik V vaccine, following months of controversy.
- India PM Vows Larger Federal Role in Vaccine Procurement VOA 07 Jun 2021 -- In a nationwide address Monday, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the federal government would take a larger role in obtaining vaccines for Indian states.
- Indian Cities Reopen Cautiously, But Not Many People Venture Out VOA 07 Jun 2021 -- Indian capital New Delhi and the financial hub Mumbai reopened businesses two months after a devastating second wave of the coronavirus pandemic shut down much of India. The surge in infections and deaths crushed India's health care system and dealt a blow to hopes of an economic revival in a country that had largely returned to business as usual earlier this year.
- India reports 1 Lakh Daily New Cases, lowest in 61 days India PIB 07 Jun 2021 -- India has reported 1,00,636 New Cases in the last 24 hours
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 07 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 143 India PIB 07 Jun 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country exceeded 23.59 Cr (23,59,39,165) as per the 7 pm provisional report today.
16,07,531 beneficiaries of the age group 18-44 years received their first dose and 68,661 beneficiaries of the same age group received their second dose of COVID vaccine today
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 07 Jun 2021
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 07 Jun 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country.
- COVID-19 kills 120 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 07 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 81,183 with 120 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Taiwan reports lowest number of COVID-19 cases in three weeks CNA 07 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Monday reported 214 cases of COVID-19, including 211 domestic infections and three imported ones, the lowest single-day number of cases the country has seen in over three weeks.
- Taiwan extends national Level 3 COVID-19 alert to June 28 (update) CNA 07 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan's nationwide Level 3 COVID-19 alert will be extended to June 28, as the recent domestic outbreak has shown no signs of easing, the Cabinet announced Monday.
- Taiwan to begin Moderna vaccine rollout Wednesday CNA 07 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan's inspection of a Moderna COVID-19 vaccine shipment it received on May 28 will be completed Monday evening, and it will start giving shots Wednesday, according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Taiwan reports 343 local COVID-19 cases, 36 deaths Sunday People's Daily 07 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 343 local COVID-19 cases, including 335 new infections and eight backlogged local cases, the island's disease monitoring agency said, noting that 36 new deaths were registered.
- US Senators Pledge COVID-19 Vaccines to Democratic Taiwan Radio Free Asia 07 Jun 2021 -- China on Monday hit out at a visit by three U.S. Senators to democratic Taiwan, as the U.S. pledged to deliver a large tranche of COVID-19 vaccines to the island.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|