05 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- China approves emergency use of Sinovac's COVID-19 vaccine for children aged 3-17 Global Times 05 Jun 2021 -- China has authorized the emergency use of CoronaVac, the COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by Chinese firm Sinovac, for children aged between 3 and 17, Sinovac Chairman Yin Weidong told the media on Friday.
- China Port City Imposes COVID-19 Restrictions VOA 05 Jun 2021 -- China's Guangzhou city, a port city of more than 13 million people, on Saturday ordered more restrictions due to a rise in COVID-19 cases that began in late May.
- Johnson to Call on G-7 to 'Vaccinate World by 2022' VOA 05 Jun 2021 -- When the leaders of the world's industrialized nations meet next week in Cornwall, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will ask them to commit to "vaccinate the entire world against coronavirus by the end of 2022," according to a statement Saturday.
- Foreign nationals can come to Russia for COVID-19 vaccination: Putin Press TV 05 Jun 2021 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin says he is ready to open borders to foreign nationals to get vaccinated in the Russian Federation against COVID-19 by domestically-made vaccines for an undisclosed fee.
- India reports 1.20 lakh Daily New Cases in last 24 hours, lowest in nearly two months India PIB 05 Jun 2021 -- India has reported 1,20,529 Daily New Cases in the last 24 hours, its lowest in almost two months (last 58 days)
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 05 Jun 2021 -- India reports 1.20 Lakh Daily New Cases in last 24 hours, lowest in 58 days
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 05 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 141 India PIB 05 Jun 2021 -- India has crossed a significant landmark in its fight against COVID19 pandemic today
- Oxygen Expresses cross the milestone of 25000 MT of LMO delivery in service to the Nation India PIB 05 Jun 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country.
- US Sends Pakistan Health Supplies to Combat COVID-19 VOA 05 Jun 2021 -- The United States mobilized an airlift of critical health supplies that arrived in Pakistan Saturday to help the country combat the coronavirus outbreak.
- COVID-19 kills 128 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 05 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 80,941 with 128 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- COVAX will help decide how many U.S. vaccine doses Taiwan will get CNA 05 Jun 2021 -- After the U.S. announced plans to allocate an initial 7 million COVID-19 vaccines to countries in Asia, including Taiwan, a U.S. State Department official said on Friday that the decision on how many vaccines each country will get will be made in consultation with the global vaccine-sharing program COVAX and the governments of the relevant countries, and that it will be based on where they are most needed and can be effectively used.
- Migrant worker movements restricted amid surge in COVID cases CNA 05 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan has suspended transfers of migrant workers to different employers and took other steps Saturday to restrict their movements, after dozens of migrant workers at two electronics companies in Miaoli County came down with COVID-19.
- Migrant worker movements restricted amid surge in COVID cases CNA 05 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported 511 new cases of COVID-19, one of its highest totals in over a week, driven by a cluster of infections at an electronics company in Miaoli County, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan confirms another COVID cluster involving migrant workers CNA 05 Jun 2021 -- Nine migrant workers employed at an electronics company in Taiwan's Miaoli County have been infected with COVID-19, comprising the second cluster infection detected among migrants in the county this week, Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) spokesman Chuang Jen-hsiang (èŽŠäººç¥¥) said on Friday.
- Malawi Rolls Out Second Jab Amid Vaccine Hesitancy VOA 05 Jun 2021 -- Malawi President Lazarus Chakwera led a rollout Friday of a push for a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, with a strong call to Malawians to go for vaccination to prevent a third wave of the coronavirus pandemic. The call came a day after health authorities in Malawi announced the presence of a more contagious Indian variant in the country, which has infected 14 people. Despite this, authorities bemoan the continued low vaccination rate.
- Cameroon Battles Vaccine Hesitancy as Only 11% of Jabs Used VOA 05 Jun 2021 -- Authorities in Cameroon are battling vaccine hesitancy with only eleven percent of doses received since April dispensed, most of them due to travel requirements. Cameroon's government and clergy have been struggling to get the public to accept that the vaccines are safe.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|