04 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Questions Linger About Jan. 6 Capitol Riot VOA 04 Jun 2021 -- On the last Friday in May, a vote to establish a bipartisan commission to investigate the Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol fell six votes short. The vote came in the same U.S. Senate chamber that had been overrun by rioters just minutes after then-Vice President Mike Pence was rushed to safety.
- Latvian National Charged for Alleged Role in Transnational Cybercrime Organization US Dept. of Justice 04 Jun 2021 -- A Latvian national was arraigned in federal court in Cleveland, Ohio, today on multiple charges stemming from her alleged role in a transnational cybercrime organization responsible for creating and deploying a computer banking trojan and ransomware suite of malware known as "Trickbot."
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- UN health agency urges nations to donate 250 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine UN News 04 Jun 2021 -- Some two billion doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been distributed globally but only 0.5 per cent have reached low-income countries where frontline health workers and the elderly have yet to receive a shot, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Friday.
- Poor Countries Need 250 Million COVID-19 Vaccine Doses by September VOA 04 Jun 2021 -- More than 2 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been disbursed in 212 countries. However, the World Health Organization said the distribution has been far from equal. It notes 75% of doses have gone to just 10 countries, with three countries â€” China, the United States and India â€” accounting for 60% of all doses.
- Biden announces sharing plan for 25 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses People's Daily 04 Jun 2021 -- U.S. President Joe Biden on Thursday introduced details of a plan to share 25 million COVID-19 vaccine doses with the rest of the world.
- Briefing with Gayle Smith, State Department Coordinator for Global COVID-19 Response and Health Security On the Biden-Harris Administration's Plans for Global Vaccine US Dept. of State 04 Jun 2021
- Chinese mainland reports 9 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 04 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported nine new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- Chinese military provides COVID-19 vaccines to Mozambican military PLA Daily 04 Jun 2021 -- With the approval of the Central Military Commission and at the request of the Mozambican military, a batch of COVID-19 vaccines assisted by the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) was delivered to the Mozambican military on June 3, in a bid to implement President Xi Jinping's important declaration on making China's COVID-19 vaccine a global public good.
- Frustration Greets EU Decision to Keep Travel Restrictions on US, UK VOA 04 Jun 2021 -- Have European Union restrictions on travelers from the U.S., Britain and some other major nations become politicized? The chief executive of Wizz Air, the Budapest-based low-cost airline, thinks so.
- British Regulator Approves Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for 12-Year-Olds VOA 04 Jun 2021 -- Britain's Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency on Friday approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for 12- to 15-year-olds.
- Serbia, Argentina Launch Production Of Russia's Sputnik Vaccine RFE/RL 04 Jun 2021 -- Serbia and Argentina have begun industrial production of Russia's Sputnik V vaccine against COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 140 India PIB 04 Jun 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country exceeded 22.75 Cr (22,75,67,873) as per the 7 pm provisional report today.
16,23,602 beneficiaries of the age group 18-44 years received their first dose and 31,217 beneficiaries of the same age group received their second dose of COVID vaccine today
- COVID-19 Vaccination UPDATE India PIB 04 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 04 Jun 2021 -- On a continued downward slope, India's Active Caseload further declines to 16,35,993; less than 2 Lakh since 8 successive days
- Oxygen Expresses cross 10000 MT of LMO delivery to the Southern States of country India PIB 04 Jun 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country
- COVID-19 kills 155 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 04 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 80,813 with 155 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan passes 10,000 total COVID-19 cases (update) CNA 04 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 474 new cases of COVID-19 and 21 deaths, pushing the total number of cases in the country to over 10,000 since the outbreak began early in 2020, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan thanks Washington for COVID-19 vaccine pledge (update) CNA 04 Jun 2021 -- President Tsai Ing-wen (è”¡è‹±æ–‡) is grateful that the United States will send 7 million COVID-19 vaccine doses to Taiwan and other Asian countries, especially at a time when Taiwan is facing its worst outbreak, Presidential Office spokesperson Xavier Chang (å¼µæƒ‡æ¶µ) said Friday.
- Taiwan thanks Japan for 'timely' COVID-19 vaccine donation CNA 04 Jun 2021 -- A shipment of 1.24 million doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, donated by Japan, arrived Friday in Taiwan, which has been struggling to procure vaccines amid a spike in domestic cases.
- Japan ships 1.24 million vaccine doses to Taiwan CNA 04 Jun 2021 -- A donation of 1.24 million doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine from Japan will arrive in Taiwan Friday afternoon, according to Taiwan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
- U.S. to send COVID-19 vaccines to Taiwan in June CNA 04 Jun 2021 -- The United States announced Thursday that it plans to send 25 million COVID-19 vaccine doses to countries around the world, including Taiwan, by the end of June.
- 'Coronavirus-Free' Turkmenistan Will Not Host 2021 Track Cycling Championships (Due To Pandemic) RFE/RL 04 Jun 2021 -- The isolated and tightly controlled Central Asian nation of Turkmenistan, where no coronavirus cases have been officially registered since the beginning of the pandemic in 2020, will not be hosting the 2021 Track Cycling World Championships due to restrictions over COVID-19.
- COVID-19 lockdown in Laos extended till June 19 People's Daily 04 Jun 2021 -- The ongoing COVID-19 lockdown in Laos has been extended till June 19, according to a notice issued by the Prime Minister's Office on Friday.
- Australia detects 'highly transmissible' COVID variant in Melbourne Press TV 04 Jun 2021 -- Australian authorities in the southeastern state of Victoria have detected a "highly transmissible" variant of the deadly coronavirus, stoking concerns of a major spike in cases.
- Threat of Third COVID Wave in Africa 'Real and Rising', WHO Warns VOA 04 Jun 2021 -- "The threat of a third wave" of COVID-19 in Africa is "real and rising," Dr. Matshidiso Moeti, the World Health Organization regional director for Africa, told a virtual news conference Thursday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|