02 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Man Pleads Guilty to Obstruction of an Official Proceeding for Breaching U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 US Dept. of Justice 02 Jun 2021 -- Defendant Illegally Entered U.S. Capitol, Walked in the Senate Chamber, Took a Selfie and Stood with Other Individuals
- Meat Producer JBS Back Online After Cyberattack VOA 02 Jun 2021 -- Meatpacking giant JBS says it has made "significant progress" in resolving a cyberattack that affected its operations in North America and Australia.
- White House: Biden to Discuss Cyberattack on Meat Producer With Russia's Putin VOA 02 Jun 2021 -- U.S. President Joe Biden will discuss with Russian President Vladimir Putin later this month the harboring of cyber attackers like those believed to have targeted meatpacking giant JBS, the White House said Wednesday.
- Rewards for Justice β Reward Offer for Information on Abu Ubaydah Yusuf al-Anabi US Dept. of State 02 Jun 2021 -- The U.S. Department of State's Rewards for Justice program, which is administered by the Diplomatic Security Service, is offering a reward of up to $7 million for information leading to the location or identification of Abu Ubaydah Yusuf al-Anabi, the leader of the terrorist organization al-Qa'ida in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID crisis to push global unemployment over 200 million mark in 2022 UN News 02 Jun 2021 -- The economic crisis caused by the COVID pandemic is expected to contribute to global unemployment of more than 200 million people next year, with women and youth workers worst-hit, UN labour experts said on Wednesday.
- Post-COVID Unemployment Expected to Reach 205 Million VOA 02 Jun 2021 -- An analysis of post-COVID-19 employment prospects projects global unemployment will reach 205 million in 2022, greatly surpassing the pre-crisis level of 187 million in 2019. The International Labor Organization has launched its new edition of the "World Employment and Social Outlook: Trends 2021."
- World Health Assembly reflects on COVID-19 response, mulls reforms to avoid future crises People's Daily 02 Jun 2021 -- When the 74th World Health Assembly (WHA) closed Monday, delegations from across the world have discussed how poorly the globe responded to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and have resolved to end this and prevent a next one with better mechanisms.
- Remarks by President Biden on the COVID-19 Response and Vaccination Program The White House 02 Jun 2021
- Biden Calls for a Country United by COVID-19 Vaccinations VOA 02 Jun 2021 -- U.S. President Joe Biden is concerned about the nation splitting into two groups: the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.
- China may give COVID-19 vaccines to under-18s amid pressure from imported cases Global Times 02 Jun 2021 -- China may roll out COVID-19 vaccinations among people aged under 18, as the country still faces mounting pressure from imported cases, according to an official of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- WHO validates China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use People's Daily 02 Jun 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) validated on Tuesday the CoronaVac COVID-19 vaccine developed by Chinese pharmaceutical company Sinovac for emergency use.
- Over 681 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 02 Jun 2021 -- Over 681.9 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Tuesday, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- Chinese vaccines boost global fight against COVID-19 pandemic People's Daily 02 Jun 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) validated on Tuesday the CoronaVac COVID-19 vaccine developed by Chinese pharmaceutical company Sinovac for emergency use, which made it the second Chinese vaccine included in the WHO Emergency Use Listing after the previous one developed by another Chinese manufacturer Sinopharm.
- Over 660 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 02 Jun 2021 -- Over 661.4 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Monday, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 10 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 10 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Wednesday.
- China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine to COVAX in production People's Daily 02 Jun 2021 -- China on Tuesday said the first batch of Chinese vaccines supplied to COVAX officially rolled off the production line, which is another important reflection of China's commitment to making its COVID-19 vaccines global public goods with concrete actions.
- WHO approves Sinovac vaccine for emergency use Global Times 02 Jun 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) announced it has approved Sinovac's COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use, making it the second vaccine produced in China, after Sinopharm, that has received the approval.
- UK politicians call for sharing more COVID-19 vaccines with lower-income countries People's Daily 02 Jun 2021 -- More than 100 cross-party MPs (Members of Parliament) and peers have urged British Prime Minister Boris Johnson to give more COVID-19 vaccines to lower-income countries, Sky News reported on Tuesday.
- Russian FM urges unity in fight against COVID-19, calls against politicization People's Daily 02 Jun 2021 -- Attempts have been made to "politicize" the COVID-19 situation, and global cooperation is needed to fight the pandemic, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Tuesday during a press conference following the meeting of the BRICS Ministers of Foreign Affairs held via video link.
- India's top health research body hopes to have whole country vaccinated by December People's Daily 02 Jun 2021 -- Head of India's top health research body Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Balram Bhargava said on Tuesday that he was hopeful that the whole country will be vaccinated against COVID-19 by December this year.
- India's Daily New Cases stand at 1.32 lakh India PIB 02 Jun 2021 -- As part of continued decline in the daily new cases,India has reported 1.32 lakh New Cases in the last 24 hours.1,32,788Daily New Cases were registered in the last 24 hours.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 02 Jun 2021 -- India reports 1.32 Lakh Daily New Cases; declining trend in new cases maintained.
- More than 23 crore vaccine doses provided to States/UTs India PIB 02 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 138 India PIB 02 Jun 2021 -- India has achieved a significant milestone in its fight against COVID19 pandemic and the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination drive today
- 8th batch of Russian Corona vaccines delivered to Iran Embassy in Moscow IRNA 02 Jun 2021 -- The 8th batch of Russian Corona vaccine, Sputnik V, including 100,000 doses, was delivered to the Iranian Embassy in Moscow on Wednesday and will be forwarded to Tehran on Thursday.
- COVID-19 kills 161 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 02 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 80,488 with 161 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- CECC urges caution as Taiwan reports 549 COVID-19 cases, 12 deaths CNA 02 Jun 2021 -- Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (ι³ζδΈ) on Wednesday urged people to continue to follow disease prevention measures, as Taiwan reported 549 new COVID-19 cases and 12 deaths from the disease.
- Taiwan aiming to soon administer 1 million COVID-19 shots per week CNA 02 Jun 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Wednesday it is preparing to set up thousands of community vaccination stations across the country in the next few months, with the goal of administering 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine per week, as part of a large-scale inoculation plan to combat the pandemic.
- President Tsai calls for unity amid COVID-19 challenges CNA 02 Jun 2021 -- President Tsai Ing-wen (θ‘θ±ζ) on Wednesday urged the public to stand united in the fight against the current COVID-19 outbreak and said her government will spare no effort to contain the disease.
- Germany says Taiwan-BioNTech negotiations out of its hands CNA 02 Jun 2021 -- Germany's top envoy to Taiwan on Wednesday said whether Taiwan and Germany's BioNTech can reach a deal on COVID-19 vaccines is out of the hands of his government, even if the government is doing its best to facilitate an agreement.
- Coronavirus response: NATO and Poland support North Macedonia NATO 02 Jun 2021 -- On 31 May 2021, North Macedonia received medical equipment and supplies from NATO's Pandemic Response Stockpile, including 50-fingertip pulse oximeters, liquid disinfectant and various items of personal protective equipment. NATO's Euro-Atlantic Disaster Response Coordination Centre (EADRCC) facilitated this assistance, in response to a request from North Macedonia.
- Nigerian president calls for collective efforts to tackle COVID-19 People's Daily 02 Jun 2021 -- Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday further called for joint international efforts to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and the consequent challenges.
- African countries urged to intensify efforts to manufacture COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 02 Jun 2021 -- The African Union (AU) on Monday emphasized the need to scale up COVID-19 vaccines manufacturing in Africa so as to achieve universal and equitable access.
- Philippines lauds WHO approval of China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 02 Jun 2021 -- The Philippines lauded on Wednesday the World Health Organization's (WHO's) approval of the CoronaVac COVID-19 vaccine developed by Chinese pharmaceutical company Sinovac Biotech for emergency use, saying it will boost the vaccine confidence of Filipinos.
- Zimbabweans Protest COVID-19 Vaccine Shortages VOA 02 Jun 2021 -- Hundreds of Zimbabweans protested Wednesday about a shortage of COVID-19 vaccines as the country awaits more doses from China. The government wants to inoculate at least 60% of Zimbabwe's more than 14 million people by the end of the year but has struggled to get the necessary supplies.
- Millions of Asia Refugees Missing Out on COVID-19 Vaccines, UN Says VOA 02 Jun 2021 -- The U.N. refugee agency warns a severe shortage of COVID-19 vaccines in Asia-Pacific is putting the lives of refugees and asylum seekers at risk as this deadly disease continues to spread like wildfire throughout the region.
- Melbourne Extends COVID-19 Lockdown for Another Week VOA 02 Jun 2021 -- Authorities in Australia's southern state of Victoria have extended a one-week lockdown for its capital, Melbourne, to contain the spread of a new COVID-19 outbreak.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|