01 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Cyberattack On World's Biggest Meat Company 'Likely Based In Russia' RFE/RL 01 Jun 2021 -- A ransomware attack on JBS, the world's largest meat processor, has forced some operations to stop production and is believed to have been carried out by cybercriminals based in Russia.
- Cyberattack Forces World's Largest Meat Supplier to Shut Down Operations VOA 01 Jun 2021 -- JBS Foods, the world's largest meat supplier, has been forced to shut down operations in Australia and North America Monday, as the company has been a target of a cyberattack over the weekend, according to officials at its headquarters in Brazil. Authorities said they are working to resolve the impact.
- Man Charged with Attempting to Provide Material Support to a Foreign Terrorist Organization US Dept. of Justice 01 Jun 2021 -- A Washington man was arrested on Friday, May 28, at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport on criminal charges related to his alleged efforts to join Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), a designated foreign terrorist organization, in order to engage in violent acts of terrorism in the Middle East or the United States.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 1 June 2021
- Vaccine equity at heart of new $50 billion plan to end pandemic, drive recovery UN News 01 Jun 2021 -- Governments are being urged to finance a new $50 billion roadmap to end the COVID-19 pandemic and drive a fast recovery, announced on Tuesday by the heads of the world's predominant global financing, health and trade agencies.
- World Health Organization Developing Pandemic Game Plan for Future Outbreaks VOA 01 Jun 2021 -- Member nations of the World Health Organization have approved a plan to negotiate the terms of an international pandemic response treaty.
- WHO chief urges all countries to support pandemic treaty People's Daily 01 Jun 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom on Monday called upon all countries to support a proposed pandemic preparedness treaty, warning that it would be a "monumental error" to think the danger of COVID-19 has passed.
- World leaders urged to work towards ensuring vaccine equality Press TV 01 Jun 2021 -- Millions of people are losing their lives with no access to vaccines in poor countries, while rich countries are sitting on large caches of surplus vaccines, and refusing to share them. The dire situation has prompted a call by several leading organizations for world leaders to make a "new commitment" to a more equal distribution of coronavirus vaccines.
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 01 Jun 2021
- WHO Approves Chinese-Made COVID Vaccine for Emergency Use VOA 01 Jun 2021 -- The World Health Organization has granted emergency approval for the use of a Chinese-made COVID-19 vaccine for adults 18 and older.
- Sinovac vaccine 2nd Chinese dose greenlighted by WHO, 'more to follow' Global Times 01 Jun 2021 -- As the US keeps making promises without actual moves and India, a previous major global vaccine manufacturer, is struggling to fulfill their production contracts amid the serious domestic COVID-19 epidemic, China is taking the leading role to support the global anti-pandemic fight in expanding international supply as much as possible, providing reliable doses with impressive protection data.
- Thousands Under Lockdown Amid Reports of Adverse Vaccine Reactions in China Radio Free Asia 01 Jun 2021 -- Authorities in the southern Chinese province of Guangdong have placed thousands of people under COVID-19 restrictions, amid reports of adverse reactions to homegrown coronavirus vaccines in northern China.
- Top epidemiologist urges further restrictions as 2nd Guangdong city adopts travel bans Global Times 01 Jun 2021 -- Chinese top epidemiologist Zhong Nanshan has called for "stricter" policies and further restrictions on population flows to contain the epidemic resurgence in South China's Guangdong Province, as Foshan became the second city in the province to issue travel restrictions after Guangzhou on Tuesday.
- China firmly opposes using pandemic to interfere in China's internal affairs: FM spokesperson People's Daily 01 Jun 2021 -- China has always supported international anti-pandemic cooperation and has made active efforts to this end, a foreign ministry spokesperson said Monday, adding China firmly opposes using the pandemic as a political stunt or even interfering in China's internal affairs.
- Hong Kong reports 4 new COVID-19 cases, over 1 million people fully vaccinated People's Daily 01 Jun 2021 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection reported four new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Monday, all imported, taking the total tally to 11,841.
- Chinese mainland reports 11 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 01 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported 11 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Tuesday.
- France, England Expand Availability of COVID-19 Vaccines VOA 01 Jun 2021 -- To fight a rise in cases caused by the coronavirus variants, France and England moved Monday to increase vaccinations.
- Romania, Italy Open COVID-19 Vaccinations For Adolescents RFE/RL 01 Jun 2021 -- Romania and Italy will open up COVID-19 vaccinations for adolescents, becoming the first EU countries to do so after the European Commission approved use of the BioNTech/Pfizer shot for children aged 12 and older.
- Bulgaria, Six Other EU Nations Get Head Start On COVID Travel Certificate RFE/RL 01 Jun 2021 -- Seven EU nations have introduced a COVID-19 vaccination certificate system for travelers, weeks before the program is to be rolled out across the 27-nation bloc on July 1.
- More than 23 crore vaccine doses provided to States/UTs India PIB 01 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 01 Jun 2021 -- India reports lowest Daily New Cases of 1.27 Lakh in 54 days; declining trend in new cases maintained.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 137 India PIB 01 Jun 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country exceeded 21.83 Cr (21,83,58,591) as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- Southern States of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Telangana receive more than 2000 MT of LMO each from Oxygen Expresses India PIB 01 Jun 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country
- India's COVID-19 tally reaches 28,175,044 with 127,510 new cases People's Daily 01 Jun 2021 -- India's COVID-19 tally rose to 28,175,044 on Tuesday with 127,510 new cases reported in the past 24 hours, said the federal health ministry.
- COVID-19 kills 171 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 01 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 80,327 with 171 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Official says SpikoGen vaccine clinical trial will be conducted inside Iran IRNA 01 Jun 2021 -- The spokesman for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Kianoush Jahanpour said the second and the third phases of clinical trial for Iranian-Australian vaccine 'SpikoGen' will be carried out inside Iran.
- Taiwan reports 332 new COVID-19 cases, 13 deaths (update) CNA 01 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported 332 new cases of COVID-19, including 327 domestic infections and five imported ones, with 13 fatalities, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Roll-out plan for 2 million COVID-19 vaccine doses to be announced CNA 01 Jun 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Tuesday said it will announce a roll-out plan for the 2 million vaccine doses that are expected to arrive in Taiwan before the end of this month.
- Taipei's rapid test positivity rate at 6.3%, outbreak numbers flat: Ko CNA 01 Jun 2021 -- Taipei's COVID-19 rapid testing stations on Monday reported an overall positivity rate of 6.3 percent, appearing to show that containment measures have led to a "stalemate," Mayor Ko Wen-je (æŸ¯æ–‡å“²) said Tuesday.
- 16% of Taiwan's 7,431 recent domestic COVID cases deemed severe: CECC CNA 01 Jun 2021 -- Since April 20, Taiwan has confirmed 7,431 domestic COVID-19 cases, 16.3 percent of which have been categorized as severe, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- What cities, counties are doing to avoid crowding at markets CNA 01 Jun 2021 -- Local governments across Taiwan are urging residents to shop for groceries less frequently at a time when strict control measures have been adopted under a Level 3 COVID-19 alert in the hope of curbing a rising outbreak.
- Mainland urges DPP to stop endangering health of Taiwan people People's Daily 01 Jun 2021 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson on Monday urged the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) authority to stop harming the life and health of people in Taiwan.
- Africa's COVID-19 cases surpass 4.83 mln: Africa CDC People's Daily 01 Jun 2021 -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Africa reached 4,830,229 as of Monday noon, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) said.
- AU says COVID-19 vaccine hoarding aggravates inequitable access People's Daily 01 Jun 2021 -- The African Union (AU) on Monday expressed its deep concern about the inequitable access to COVID-19 vaccines, which was aggravated by the growing trend of vaccine hoarding.
- Amidst COVID surge, Asia-Pacific region needs 'immediate and stronger support' UN News 01 Jun 2021 -- With the coronavirus still raging in many parts of the world, the UN's refugee agency, UNHCR, warned on Tuesday of vaccine shortages, especially in the Asia-Pacific region, and urged "immediate and stronger support" for the global COVAX initiative for equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines, "including for refugees and asylum-seekers".
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|