30 May 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- 621 million shots administered in China as usage of 3-dose vaccine expanded Global Times 30 May 2021 -- Amid recent sporadic outbreaks, China continues to expand and accelerate nationwide inoculation with the launch of the country's first three-dose COVID-19 vaccine, which experts said would provide extra protection than the one-dose and two-dose candidates. The three-shot vaccine is already being administered in at least 13 provincial-level regions in China.
- Guangzhou races against mutant strains from India Global Times 30 May 2021 -- Guangzhou, capital of South China's Guangdong Province, which records 90 percent of Chinese mainland's inbound international arrivals every day, is in a race against mutated virus strains from India, which have been found in 26 COVID-19 patients.
- Hong Kong's fourth wave of COVID-19 ends: expert People's Daily 30 May 2021 -- Yuen Kwok-yung, government adviser and professor of the University of Hong Kong, said on Saturday that after reviewing some recent COVID-19 confirmed cases, it is believed that the fourth wave of the epidemic in Hong Kong has ended.
- Chinese mainland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, all imported People's Daily 30 May 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 11 new COVID-19 cases, all of which were imported, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Sunday.
- Guangdong reports 13 new locally transmitted asymptomatic COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 May 2021 -- South China's Guangdong Province registered 13 new locally transmitted asymptomatic COVID-19 cases on Saturday, the provincial health commission said on Sunday.
- India's Daily New Cases further decline to 1.65 Lakh Cases, maintaining the continuous declining trend India PIB 30 May 2021 -- India has been witnessing a continuous fall in the active caseload
- Update on COVID Relief Aid India PIB 30 May 2021 -- Government of India has been receiving international cooperation of COVID-19 relief medical supplies and equipment since 27th April 2021 from different countries/organisations
- Update on COVID Vaccine Allocation India PIB 30 May 2021 -- Vaccination is an integral pillar of the comprehensive strategy of Government of India for containment and management of the pandemic, along with Test, Track, Treat and COVID Appropriate Behaviour.As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 30 May 2021
- Oxygen Expresses deliver more than 21392 MT of LMO to the Nation India PIB 30 May 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country
- COVID-19 kills 198 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 30 May 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 79,939 with 198 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Iran produces one million doses of COV-Iran Barekat vaccine IRNA 30 May 2021 -- The managing director of COV-Iran Barekat vaccine research group said on Sunday that one million doses of COV-Iran Barekat vaccines were produced, which will be delivered to Ministry of Health.
- More COVID Jabs to Be Distributed Globally in Coming Weeks VOA 30 May 2021 -- South Korean officials announced Sunday that a million doses of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines would arrive in the country this week from the United States, doubling its earlier pledge.
- Taiwan reports 355 new COVID-19 cases, 10 deaths (update) CNA 30 May 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 355 new COVID-19 cases, all domestic infections, and 10 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan to buy 10 million doses of locally produced COVID-19 vaccines CNA 30 May 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Sunday that the Taiwan government has signed contracts with two domestic companies to purchase a total of 10 million COVID-19 vaccine doses.
- No full lockdown planned for Taiwan right now: CECC CNA 30 May 2021 -- There are no immediate plans to impose a full lockdown in Taiwan, although some cities and counties have been carrying out computerized drills to prepare for such an eventuality, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Sunday.
- Taipei holds COVID-19 lockdown drill CNA 30 May 2021 -- Taipei staged an exercise Sunday to test its preparedness in the event that the current national COVID-19 alert is upgraded to Level 4, which would mean a full lockdown.
- Taipei to increase hospital beds for COVID-19 patients to 1,300 CNA 30 May 2021 -- Taipei Mayor Ko Wen-je (æŸ¯æ–‡å“²) said Sunday that an additional 300 hospital beds will soon be allocated for COVID-19 patients in the city, which will bring the total to 1,300.
- Chile reports 8,426 new cases of COVID-19 People's Daily 30 May 2021 -- Chile reported 8,426 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, reported Undersecretary of Healthcare Networks Alberto Dougnac.
- Brazilian protesters blame Bolsonaro for soaring COVID-19 crisis Press TV 30 May 2021 -- Brazilian protesters have staged rallies in over 200 cities and towns across the country, denouncing the government's handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
- WHO Calls for 20 Million COVID Vaccine Doses for Africa VOA 30 May 2021 -- The World Health Organization is asking for 20 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine for African countries to administer second doses to those who have received their first shot.
- Australians Rush for Vaccines as COVID Lockdown Continues in Victoria VOA 30 May 2021 -- Record numbers of COVID-19 vaccinations have been completed in Australia as a snap seven-day lockdown continues in the nation's second most-populous state.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|