29 May 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- China administers over 600m doses of COVID-19 vaccine with record 100m shots achieved within 5 days Global Times 29 May 2021 -- The Chinese mainland has administered more than 600 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine as of Friday, and with an ever-accelerating speed, it took China only five days to bring the number from 500 million to 600 million.
- S.China's Guangzhou issues stay-at-home order for parts of the city amid fresh surge of COVID-19 cases Global Times 29 May 2021 -- South China's Guangzhou on Saturday issued a stay-at-home order for residents in several streets. The residents have been asked to stop all activities that are not necessary for daily life. This comes after a surge in fresh COVID-19 infections in the city.
- Chinese mainland reports 16 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 May 2021 -- The Chinese mainland recorded 16 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, two from south China's Guangdong Province and 14 from overseas, data from the National Health Commission (NHC) showed on Saturday.
- Over 600 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 29 May 2021 -- Nearly 603 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Friday, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 2 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 May 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported two new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- Chinese military provides COVID-19 vaccines to Mauritanian military PLA Daily 29 May 2021 -- For the implementation of President Xi Jinping's important declaration on making China's COVID-19 vaccine a global public good, with the approval of the Central Military Commission and at the request of the Mauritanian military, a batch of COVID-19 vaccines assisted by the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) was delivered to the Mauritanian military on May 29.
- Young Adolescents in Europe to Get Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine VOA 29 May 2021 -- Britain has confirmed yet another spike in new COVID-19 infections, with close to 4,200 cases identified across the country Friday, the highest daily number in two months.
- India's Active Caseload slides down to 22,28,724; decrease by 1,14,428 in last 24 hours India PIB 29 May 2021 -- India's Active Caseload has reduced to 22,28,724 today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 134 India PIB 29 May 2021 -- India has crossed a significant landmark in its fight against COVID19 pandemic today
- Update on COVID Relief Aid India PIB 29 May 2021 -- Government of India has been receiving international cooperation of COVID-19 relief medical supplies and equipment since 27th April 2021 from different countries/organisations
- More than 22.77crore vaccine doses provided to States/UTs India PIB 29 May 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 29 May 2021
- Oxygen Expresses cross milestone of 20000 MT of LMO delivery India PIB 29 May 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country
- COVID-19 kills 173 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 29 May 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 79,741 with 173 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Iran's home-made vaccine to enter market as of late June IRNA 29 May 2021 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani stated here on Saturday that Iranian-developed COVID-19 vaccine is to come onto market as of end of Khordad (May 22- June 21).
- Taiwan reports 493 new COVID-19 cases and 21 deaths (update) CNA 29 May 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported 493 new cases of COVID-19, including 486 domestic infections and seven imported ones, as well as 21 deaths, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- CECC to report on effectiveness of Level 3 COVID-19 alert next week CNA 29 May 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) plans to review the effectiveness of the current Level 3 COVID-19 alert over the weekend and will report its conclusions to the public early next week, according to Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸).
- CECC reconsidering home quarantine for COVID-19 patients CNA 29 May 2021 -- People with chronic health problems who test positive for COVID-19 test may no longer be allowed to quarantine at home, even it is a mild or asymptomatic case, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday.
- Afghanistan Shuts Schools In 16 Provinces Amid COVID-19 Rise RFE/RL Gandhara 29 May 2021 -- Health officials in Afghanistan have ordered a two-week closure of all public and private schools and universities in the capital and 15 other provinces amid a surge in COVID-19 cases.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|