25 May 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Counter ISIS Finance Group Leaders Issue Joint Statement US Treasury 25 May 2021 -- The Counter ISIS Finance Group (CIFG) of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS held its fourteenth meeting on May 17-18, 2021, to discuss ongoing efforts to combat ISIS financing worldwide. The United States, Italy, and Saudi Arabia hosted this meeting via video conference, joined by over 50 member states, observers, and independent experts. The CIFG was established in January 2015 as one of five working groups of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS.
- U.S. Court Sentences Russian Cybercriminal To 30 Months In Prison RFE/RL 25 May 2021 -- A U.S. court has sentenced a Russian citizen to 30 months in prison for his role in administering an online marketplace peddling stolen credit-card information and personal information to cybercriminals.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 25 May 2021
- WHO chief Tedros Ghebreyesus slams 'scandalous inequity' in COVID-19 vaccine distribution People's Daily 25 May 2021 -- The COVID-19 pandemic is being perpetuated by a "scandalous inequity" in vaccine distribution ,according to Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO). He was one of a raft of high-profile speakers to open the 74th World Health Assembly hosted virtually in Geneva.
- Moderna Says COVID-19 Vaccine Safe and Effective for 12 - 17 Year Olds VOA 25 May 2021 -- The U.S. biotechnology firm Moderna said Tuesday that recent trials of its COVID-19 vaccine show it to be safe and effective on adolescents ages 12 to 17. The company said it will submit the findings to the U.S. Food and Drug administration (FDA) next month for emergency approval.
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 25 May 2021
- US to Reach Vaccine Milestone Tuesday, White House Says VOA 25 May 2021 -- The White House says 50% of U.S. adults will become fully vaccinated on Tuesday.
- US Health Secretary Calls For 2nd COVID-19 Origins Investigation VOA 25 May 2021 -- U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra on Tuesday called on the World Health Organization (WHO) to conduct a second, more fully transparent investigation into the origins of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
- Half of U.S. states fully vaccinate at least 50 pct of adults against COVID-19 People's Daily 25 May 2021 -- At least 25 states reported that more than half of their adult population had been fully vaccinated as of Sunday, according to the latest data published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 25 May 2021
- Over 527 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 25 May 2021 -- More than 527.25 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Monday, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 2 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 25 May 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported two new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Anhui Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Tuesday.
- UN: COVID in India 'Unlike Anything' Experienced in Region VOA 25 May 2021 -- The situation in pandemic-ravaged South Asia is "unlike anything our region has seen before," the regional director of UNICEF said Tuesday.
- At 1.96 Lakh Cases, Daily New Cases falls below 2 Lakh mark after 40 Days India PIB 25 May 2021 -- In encouraging signs to India's fight against COVID-19 pandemic, the Daily New Cases have fallen below 2 Lakh to a level seen 40 days before (Daily new cases were 1,84,372 on 14th April 2021)
- More than 21.89 crore vaccine doses provided to States/UTs India PIB 25 May 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 130 India PIB 25 May 2021 -- India has crossed a significant landmark in its fight against COVID19 pandemic today
- Centre Reviews Progress of Vaccination with States/UTs and stresses need to accelerate its pace India PIB 25 May 2021 -- As part of its commitment to pro-actively guide, review and monitor the COVID-19 vaccination drive in collaboration with States/UTs and all stakeholders, Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) today held a review meeting through video conferencing with administrators from States and UTs on the progress of vaccination in States, modifications on the CoWIN software that will provide more flexibility to vaccine administrators,along with the effective implementation of SoPs for containment and management of COVID (particularly in areas underserved by health infrastructure)
- Dr Harsh Vardhan participates in a High-Level Panel Discussion on "Continuity on Health Services during COVID-19 Crisis" India PIB 25 May 2021 -- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare virtually participated in a High-Level Panel Discussion on "Continuity on Health Services during COVID-19 Crisis", today
- Update on COVID Relief Aid India PIB 25 May 2021 -- Government of India has been receiving international cooperation of COVID-19 relief medical supplies and equipment since 27th April 2021 from different countries/organisations
- COVID-19 kills 208 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 25 May 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 79,056 with 208 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- US Issues 'Do Not Travel' Warning for Japan Ahead of Tokyo Olympics VOA 25 May 2021 -- With less than two months remaining before the opening ceremony, the Tokyo Olympics received another jolt Monday when the U.S. government issued a warning for its citizens not to travel to Japan due to rising rates of new COVID-19 cases.
- U.S. advises against travel to Japan due to COVID-19 People's Daily 25 May 2021 -- The United States on Monday advised its citizens against traveling to Japan due to COVID-19 risk, two months before the start of the Tokyo Olympics.
- Taiwan reports 542 new domestic COVID-19 cases, 6 deaths (update) CNA 25 May 2021 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported 542 domestic COVID-19 cases, two new imported ones, and six deaths, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- 99 COVID-19 patients on ventilators, 423 severe cases CNA 25 May 2021 -- A total of 423 patients recently diagnosed with COVID-19 have been classified as having severe cases of the virus, nearly 70 percent of whom are over 60 years old, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Tuesday.
- 2 million more doses of COVID-19 vaccines to arrive in Taiwan in June CNA 25 May 2021 -- Taiwan will receive 2 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines in June, and have millions more become available by the end of August, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Tuesday.
- Taiwan extends national Level 3 COVID-19 alert to June 14 CNA 25 May 2021 -- Taiwan's nationwide Level 3 alert for COVID-19 has been extended to June 14, given the severity of the domestic transmissions, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Tuesday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|