23 May 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Pandemic Treaty, Vaccine Equity Seen Topping UN Health Meeting Agenda VOA 23 May 2021 -- Ending the COVID-19 pandemic and preventing future pandemics is expected to dominate discussions during this week's 74th World Health Assembly, the decision-making body of the World Health Organization. The session will also address other pressing global health issues.
- China approaches record 500m shots administered, likely to 'produce 3b by year-end' Global Times 23 May 2021 -- China is expected to produce more than 3 billion doses by the end of this year and become the first in the world to have administered 500 million shots of COVID-19 vaccines, despite temporary shortages in some places due to booming willingness to take the shots amid the latest domestic cases.
- Chinese mainland reports 1 new locally transmitted COVID-19 case People's Daily 23 May 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported one new locally transmitted COVID-19 case in Anhui Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Sunday.
- India Nearing 300,000 COVID Deaths VOA 23 May 2021 -- India is nearing 300,000 recorded deaths from the coronavirus, after adding more than 3,700 deaths in the last 24 hours.
- With 21.23 Lakh Tests, India sets a New Record again with Highest ever Tests Conducted in the last 24 hours India PIB 23 May 2021 -- With more than 21.23 Lakh tests conducted in the last 24 hours, India has again set a new record of highest tests conducted in a single day. This is also the fifth successive day of more than 20 lakh tests in India. India has significantly ramped up its testing capacity to about 25 lakh tests per day, since Jan 2020.
- More than 21.80 crore vaccine doses provided to States/UTs India PIB 23 May 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- Update on COVID Relief Aid India PIB 23 May 2021 -- Government of India has been receiving international cooperation of COVID-19 relief medical supplies and equipment since 27th April 2021 from different countries/organisations. These are beingexpeditiously dispatched/delivered to the States and UTs to supplement their efforts towards COVID19 management.
- Oxygen Expresses cross 15000 MT mark in delivering Oxygen relief to the Nation India PIB 23 May 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country
- Operation Samudra Setu II - INS Jalashwa arrives Visakhapatnam with Critical COVID Relief Consignment including Oxygen Cylinders and Ventilators from Brunei and Singapore India PIB 23 May 2021 -- As part of on-going COVID Relief Operation 'Samudra Setu II' launched by the Indian Navy, INS Jalashwa embarked with 18 Cryogenic Oxygen Tanks and other critical COVID Medical Stores including 3650 Oxygen Cylinders and 39 Ventilators from Brunei and Singapore, arrived Visakhapatnam on 23 May 21
- COVID-19 kills 216 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 23 May 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran exceeded 78,597 with 216 more Iranians dying from the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Taiwan reports 460 new COVID cases, including backlog; 6 deaths (update) CNA 23 May 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported a total of 460 COVID-19 cases, of which 287 were new domestic cases, three were new imported cases and 170 were domestic cases delayed by a reporting backlog of confirmed test results, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- 66 COVID-19 patients on ventilators, 270 severe cases: CECC CNA 23 May 2021 -- A total of 270 patients recently confirmed with COVID-19 have been classified as having severe cases of the disease, while 66 are currently on ventilators, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Sunday.
- Taipei bans all on-site dining, drinking, starting Monday CNA 23 May 2021 -- Taipei City government on Sunday announced a ban on all on-site dining and drinking in the city starting Monday in response to the continued increase in domestically transmitted coronavirus cases in the capital city.
- Over half of Canadians receive first dose of COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 23 May 2021 -- About 50.08 percent of Canada's population were administered with the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 4.3 percent with second dose as of Saturday afternoon, according to CTV.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|