22 May 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Ransomware Moves from 'Economic Nuisance' to National Security Threat VOA 22 May 2021 -- The recent cyberattack on Colonial Pipeline, the operator of the largest petroleum pipeline in the U.S., shows how internet criminals are increasingly targeting companies and organizations for ransom in what officials and experts term a growing national security threat.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO: Real COVID-19 death toll 'two to three' times above official figures Press TV 22 May 2021 -- The actual number of direct and indirect fatalities due to the coronavirus pandemic may be two to three times higher than officially registered, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Poorer Nations to Receive Millions of COVID-19 Vaccine Doses VOA 22 May 2021 -- Leaders of the Group of 20 industrial and emerging-market nations made a commitment at a global health summit in Rome to speed up the end of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- China's Guangzhou reports one locally-transmitted COVID-19 case People's Daily 22 May 2021 -- Guangzhou, capital of south China's Guangdong Province, reported one locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 case, the municipal government said Friday.
- India Says COVID Infections High but Stabilizing VOA 22 May 2021 -- The Indian government said Saturday that COVID-19 infections remained high as they spread to overburdened rural areas, but it added that infections were stabilizing in some parts of the country.
- India Again Sets a New Record with Highest ever 20.66 Lakh Tests Conducted in the last 24 hours India PIB 22 May 2021 -- With more than 20.66 Lakh tests conducted in the last 24 hours, India has again set a new record of highest tests conducted in a day. This is also the fourth successive day of more than 20 lakh tests in India.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 127 India PIB 22 May 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country exceeded 19.49 Cr (19,49,51,603)as per the 8 pm provisional report today.
6,82,398 beneficiaries of the age group 18-44 years received their first dose of COVID vaccine today and cumulatively 99,79,676across 37 States/UTs since the start of Phase-3 of the vaccination drive
- Update on COVID Relief Aid India PIB 22 May 2021 -- Government of India has been receiving international cooperation of COVID-19 relief medical supplies and equipment since 27th April 2021 from different countries/organisations
- More than 21 crore vaccine doses provided to States/UTs India PIB 22 May 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- On Mission Mode, Oxygen Expresses deliver nearly 14500 MT of Liquid Medical Oxygen in more than 884 tankers by 224 Oxygen Expresses to the Nation India PIB 22 May 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country
- India's COVID-19 tally rises to 26,289,290 with over 250,000 new cases People's Daily 22 May 2021 -- India's COVID-19 tally rose to 26,289,290 with 257,299 new cases registered in the past 24 hours, said the federal Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Saturday.
- COVID-19 death toll in Iran decrease to 187 IRNA 22 May 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran exceeded 78,381 with 187 more Iranians who died from the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 721 domestic COVID-19 cases, including backlog (update) CNA 22 May 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported a total of 723 COVID-19 cases, of which 321 were new domestic cases, two were new imported cases, and 400 were domestic cases delayed by a reporting backlog of confirmed test results, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan records 2 COVID-19 deaths, increasing total to 17 CNA 22 May 2021 -- The death toll from COVID-19 has climbed to 17 in Taiwan, after two more deaths were confirmed Saturday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan thanks U.S. lawmakers for pushing to share vaccines CNA 22 May 2021 -- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) on Saturday thanked a bipartisan group of lawmakers in the United States Congress for urging Washington to share the country's surplus of COVID-19 vaccines with Taiwan.
- Update: Yantian port reports a new COVID-19 case related to the freighter operator case Global Times 22 May 2021 -- A new case of asymptomatic infection with COVID-19 was reported at Yantian Port in Shenzhen, South China's Guangdong Province on Saturday, following an international freighter boarding operator from Yantian Port testing positive for COVID-19 on Friday.
- UN Appeals for Funds to Help Nepal Deal With COVID-19 VOA 22 May 2021 -- The United Nations is appealing for nearly $84 million for assistance to 750,000 people in Nepal suffering from a devastating COVID-19 surge.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|