15 May 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Fuel Shortages Spread To U.S. Capital After Pipeline Cyberattack RFE/RL 15 May 2021 -- Gasoline shortages have spread from the southern United States to the U.S. capital as a large pipeline works to recover from a cyberattack that U.S. officials say originated in Russia.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- CDC Issues Mask, Distancing Guidance for Students VOA 15 May 2021 -- When schools in the United States open this fall, students from kindergarten through 12th grade should wear masks, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Saturday, as it refines its guidance against the coronavirus.
- Chinese people rush to get vaccinated after sporadic domestic cases reported in Anhui and Liaoning Global Times 15 May 2021 -- A resurgence of sporadic COVID-19 cases in East China's Anhui Province and Northeast China's Liaoning Province on Thursday and Friday has prompted local people to rush to get their jabs.
- Chinese mainland reports 5 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 May 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported five new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- CDC data show racial, ethnic disparities in COVID-19 vaccination in U.S.: media People's Daily 15 May 2021 -- Data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) showed that there are significant racial and ethnic disparities in COVID-19 vaccination in the country.
- Chinese military provides COVID-19 vaccines to North Macedonian military PLA Daily 15 May 2021 -- For the implementation of President Xi Jinping's important declaration on making China's COVID-19 vaccine a global public good, with the approval of the Central Military Commission and at the request of the North Macedonian military, a batch of COVID-19 vaccines assisted by the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) was delivered to the military of the Republic of North Macedonia on May 15.
- UK Records 2,027 New COVID 19 Infections SPA 15 May 2021 -- The United Kingdom recorded 2,027 new cases of the coronavirus in the past 24 hours, along with 7 deaths.
- UK Records 2,193 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 15 May 2021 -- The United Kingdom recorded 2,193 new cases of the coronavirus in the past 24 hours, along with 17 deaths.
- UK Vaccine Official Says Shots May Be Less Effective Against Mild Indian Variant Cases Sputnik 15 May 2021 -- Deputy Chair of the UK Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), Anthony Harnden, said on Saturday that COVID-19 vaccines may be less effective against mild cases of the Indian variant but not against severe cases.
- Germany's confirmed coronavirus cases rise by 7,894 SPA 15 May 2021 -- The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany increased by 7,894 to 3,584,934, data from the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases showed on Saturday.
- Russia reports 8,790 new COVID-19 cases, 364 deaths SPA 15 May 2021 -- Russia reported 8,790 new coronavirus cases on Saturday, the day after the number of daily infections climbed to 9,462, the highest number of new cases since the end of March, Reuters reported.
- India's daily COVID-19 deaths near 4,000 SPA 15 May 2021 -- India reported a smaller rise in daily coronavirus infections on Saturday, but deaths stayed near the 4,000 mark, according to Reuters.
- India's Cumulative Vaccination Coverage exceeds 18 Crore India PIB 15 May 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country has exceeded 18 Cr today under the Phase-3 of the nationwide Vaccination Drive.
A total of 18,04,57,579vaccine doses have been administered through 26,02,435 sessions, as per the provisional report till 7 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 120 India PIB 15 May 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country stands at 18,21,99,668 as per the 8 pm provisional report today.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan reviews Public Health Response to COVID-19 and Progress of Vaccination with Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat India PIB 15 May 2021 -- Dr
- Update on COVID Relief Aid India PIB 15 May 2021 -- The Government of India, at the forefront of the "Whole of government" approach to combat the ongoing COVID-19 has been receiving international donations and aid of COVID-19 relief medical supplies and equipment since 27th April 2021 from different countries/organisations to augment its efforts in fighting the unprecedented surge of cases
- Oxygen Expresses deliver more than 8700 MT of Liquid Medical Oxygen to the Nation India PIB 15 May 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country
- Pakistan Reports 1,531 New Covid-19 Infections SPA 15 May 2021 -- Pakistan detected as many as 1,531 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) and 83 deaths.
- COVID-19 kills 200 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 15 May 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran exceeded 76,633 with 200 more Iranians who died from the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Republic of Korea: COVID-19 new cases fall below 700 SPA 15 May 2021 -- The Republic of Korea's daily new coronavirus cases fell below 700 on Saturday, Yonhap reported.
- COVID-19 press briefing CNA 15 May 2021 -- Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) raised the COVID-19 alert level for Taipei and New Taipei cities to Level 3 on Saturday, as well as tightened disease control measures islandwide after reporting 180 new domestically-transmitted cases on the same day.
- Same type of coronavirus found in patients in northern Taiwan clusters CNA 15 May 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has found the same type of coronavirus in patients in cluster infections in Taipei, New Taipei, Taoyuan and Yilan, a health official said Saturday.
- Disease control tightened islandwide amid COVID-19 surge CNA 15 May 2021 -- Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) raised the COVID-19 alert level for Taipei and New Taipei cities to Level 3 on Saturday, as well as tightened disease control measures islandwide after reporting 180 new domestically-transmitted cases on the same day.
- Violators of COVID restrictions to face heavy fines CNA 15 May 2021 -- Residents in Taipei and New Taipei will face fines of up to NT$300,000 (US$10,714) if they break tightened disease control measures after the government raised its COVID-19 alert for the two cities Saturday, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said that day.
- Measures launched to curb panic buying amid COVID-19 surge CNA 15 May 2021 -- The Ministry of Economic Affairs said Saturday it has been working with local retailers to impose caps on the number of daily life supplies available per customer as Taiwan undergoes panic buying amid an escalation in the number of COVID-19 cases.
- 180 new domestic COVID-19 cases reported around 7 cities, counties CNA 15 May 2021 -- An additional 180 domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases reported Saturday were scattered across seven cities and counties, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Religious services inside worship sites suspended nationwide CNA 15 May 2021 -- Activities such as religious processions and prayers carried out inside places of worship, including temples, churches and mosques, have been suspended nationwide until June 8, Deputy Interior Minister Chen Tsung-yen (é™³å®—å½¥) said Saturday.
- COVID-19 Level 3 Alert guidelines for Taipei, New Taipei cities CNA 15 May 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Saturday raised the COVID-19 alert for Taipei and New Taipei cities to Level 3 after reporting a record 180 new domestic infections.
- Local governments tighten COVID-19 controls amid rising caseloads CNA 15 May 2021 -- Local governments across Taiwan have tightened their disease control measures after the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) raised the COVID-19 alert for Taipei and New Taipei on Saturday in the wake of an escalating number of cases.
- Kuwait Records 795 Cases of Coronavirus SPA 15 May 2021 -- Kuwait recorded 795 new coronavirus infections in the past 24 hours, along with 6 deaths.
- Iraq Reports 2,058 New Covid-19 Infections SPA 15 May 2021 -- Iraq reported 2,058 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), in the last 24-hour, posting a remarkable decrease in the daily infection numbers.
- Palestine Reports 114 New Covid-19 Infections SPA 15 May 2021 -- Palestine reported 114 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) and eight deaths, in the last 24-hour.
- UAE Announces 1,321 New COVID-19 Cases, 1,302 Recoveries, 3 Deaths in Last 24 Hours SPA 15 May 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced that it conducted 161,182 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment, WAM reported.
- Egypt Reports 1197 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 15 May 2021 -- Egypt reported yesterday 1197 new COVID-19 cases, along with 56 deaths.
- Venezuela Approves Russia's Single-Dose Sputnik Light Vaccine, RDIF Says Sputnik 15 May 2021 -- The Venezuelan Health Ministry approved Russia's single-dose Sputnik Light vaccine against the coronavirus for use in the country, the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) said Saturday.
- Australian COVID-19 Repatriation Flight Arrives from India VOA 15 May 2021 -- The first repatriation flight carrying Australians from coronavirus-hit India after the lifting of a two-week travel ban has arrived in Darwin. The government in Canberra has said the controversial measure has worked, but it has been condemned by rights groups.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|