07 May 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Four Individuals Plead Guilty to RICO Conspiracy Involving "Bulletproof Hosting" for Cybercriminals US Dept. of Justice 07 May 2021 -- Four Eastern European nationals have pleaded guilty to conspiring to engage in a Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organization (RICO) arising from their providing "bulletproof hosting" services between 2008 and 2015, which were used by cybercriminals to distribute malware and attack financial institutions and victims throughout the United States.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO Concerned About Spike in Global COVID Cases for 9th Straight Week VOA 07 May 2021 -- Worldwide COVID-19 cases have increased for the ninth straight week and deaths are up for the sixth week, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the World Health Organization director-general told a member state information session Thursday.
- White House COVID-19 Team Focuses on Vaccinations as Infections Continue to Fall VOA 07 May 2021 -- The White House COVID-19 Response Team said Friday its focus is on meeting the president's new goal of fully vaccinating 160 million Americans by July 4, as infections, hospitalizations and deaths continue to decline.
- U.S. Records 44,766 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 07 May 2021 -- The United States of America recorded 44,766 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, along with 709 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- U.S. Records 41,909 Covid-19 Infections and 730 Deaths SPA 07 May 2021 -- The United States of America recorded 41,909 confirmed infections, in the past 24 hours, along with 730 deaths from the novel coronavirus.
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 07 May 2021
- WHO approves Chinese COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use UN News 07 May 2021 -- A COVID-19 vaccine produced in China has been given the green light for global rollout, potentially paving the way for its use in underserved countries, the World Health Organization (WHO) announced on Friday.
- WHO Approves Chinese COVID Vaccine for Emergency Use Worldwide VOA 07 May 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) has approved a COVID-19 vaccine developed in China for emergency use worldwide.
- WHO approves emergency use of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine Global Times 07 May 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) on Friday approved the emergency use of the vaccine produced by Chinese firm Sinopharm. Observers said that Chinese vaccines are now "global public goods" in terms of standards, and more developing countries will have access to Chinese vaccines.
- WHO Approves Sinopharm Vaccine for COVID-19 SPA 07 May 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) approved today the Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use to combat the epidemic.
- China's Hubei administers over 20 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- Central China's Hubei Province, once hard hit by COVID-19, had administered over 20.16 million doses of coronavirus vaccines as of Wednesday, the provincial health commission announced Thursday.
- Over 297 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- More than 297.7 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Thursday, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 13 new COVID-19 cases, all imported People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 13 new COVID-19 cases, all of which were imported, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- Hong Kong reports 2 more imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported two new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, all of which were imported, taking the total tally to 11,798.
- France's Macron backs COVID-19 vaccine patent waiver People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday said he backed the proposal for a waiver of intellectual property rights on COVID-19 vaccines to boost production and accelerate rollout globally to end the pandemic.
- Italy Records 10,554 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 07 May 2021 -- Italy recorded 10,554 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), along with 207 deaths, in the past 24 hours.
- UK Records 2,490 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 07 May 2021 -- The United Kingdom recorded 2,490 new cases of the Coronavirus in the past 24 hours, along with 15 deaths.
- UK records another 2,613 coronavirus cases, 13 deaths People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- Another 2,613 people in Britain have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of coronavirus cases in the country to 4,428,553, according to official figures released Thursday.
- North Macedonia's PM receives first shot of Chinese-made COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- Prime Minister of North Macedonia Zoran Zaev was vaccinated here on Thursday with the first shot of COVID-19 vaccine by the Chinese manufacturer Sinopharm.
- Russia OKs Sputnik Light, One-Dose Version Of Its COVID-19 Vaccine, For Export RFE/RL 07 May 2021 -- Russian regulators on May 6 approved Sputnik Light, a single-dose version of the country's Sputnik V vaccine against the coronavirus.
- Russia Reports 8,386 New COVID-19 Cases, 376 deaths SPA 07 May 2021 -- Russia reported 8,386 new coronavirus cases on Friday, including 2,846 in Moscow, which took the national tally of infections to 4,863,514.
- Rahul Gandhi Warns Modi COVID Will Devastate the Whole World if India Doesn't Introduce New Lockdown Sputnik 07 May 2021 -- Countries from around the world have rushed in emergency relief supplies to India, where the second wave of COVID that hit hard in April has been apocalyptic. Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government has been facing a massive backlash in India for ostensibly prioritising election rallies and religious gatherings over pandemic preparedness.
- More life-saving support for India on its way from UK UK FCDO 07 May 2021 -- A cargo plane left Belfast today, carrying 3 surplus 18-tonne oxygen generators and 1,000 ventilators as part of the UK's response to India's COVID-19 crisis.
- India's new COVID-19 wave is spreading like 'wildfire', warns UN Children's Fund UN News 07 May 2021 -- A new wave of COVID-19 infections is spreading like "wildfire" across India, leaving many youngsters destitute, the UN Children's Fund UNICEF said on Friday.
- Govt. of India has so far provided more than 17.35 crore vaccine doses to States/UTs Free of Cost India PIB 07 May 2021 -- Government of India is leading the fight against the COVID19 pandemic in collaboration with the States and UT through a "Whole of Government" approach
- Centre continues to Effectively and Promptly Allocate and Deliver COVID-19 Aid received from Global Community to States/UTs India PIB 07 May 2021 -- The Global Community has been extending a helping hand in supporting efforts of India to meet the challenges and requirements of the unprecedented surge in the number of COVID19 cases in the second wave of the global pandemic
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 112 India PIB 07 May 2021 -- The Liberalised and Accelerated Phase-3 Strategy of Covid-19 Vaccination has come into force from 1st May 2021
- Indo-US Dialogue on Public Health India PIB 07 May 2021 -- Dr
- Armed forces in action against the Covid-19 second wave India PIB 07 May 2021 -- The second wave of COVID-19 pandemic continues to wreak havoc, irrespective of cast, creed or religion, in almost every part of the country
- Indian Air Force & Navy step up efforts to ferry oxygen and medical supplies India PIB 07 May 2021 -- Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Navy (IN) have intensified their efforts to aid the civil administration in tackling the current COVID19 situation by ferrying oxygen containers and medical equipment.As on May 07, 2021, the C-17 aircraft of IAFhave conducted 400 sorties from within the country, including 351 to airlift 252 oxygen tankers of total capacity of 4,904 Metric Tonnes (MT)
- Railway provides 21 Isolation Coaches at Guwahati and 20 Isolation Coaches at Badarpur near Silchar in Assam (N.F. Railway) India PIB 07 May 2021 -- In the relentless fight against Covid, the Ministry of Railways are taking rapid action to swiftly move Isolation Coaches to places of demand (made by respective states) mobilising workforce and material for this task
- Oxygen Expresses deliver more than 2960 MT of LMO in 185 tankers to different states India PIB 07 May 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country
- India's West Bengal chief minister warns of oxygen supply shortage amid COVID-19 surge People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- Chief Minister of India's West Bengal Mamata Banerjee has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi highlighting the shortage of oxygen supply in the eastern state, officials said Friday.
- India records fresh high of over 410,000 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- India's COVID-19 tally reached 21,491,598 on Friday as a fresh high of 414,188 new cases were registered in the past 24 hours, said the federal health ministry.
- India Registers Record 414,188 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 07 May 2021 -- India has registered 414,188 new COVID-19 cases within the past 24 hours, marking the largest daily increase since the start of the outbreak, the national Ministry of Health said on Friday.
- 1st batch of CanSino COVID-19 vaccines in bulk arrives in Pakistan People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- The first batch of China's CanSino COVID-19 vaccines that the Pakistani government purchased in bulk has arrived in Pakistan, the CanSino Biologics Inc. said on Thursday.
- COVID-19 kills 335 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 07 May 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran exceeded 74,241 with 335 more Iranians who died from the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Japan Extends COVID-19 State of Emergency to May 31 VOA 07 May 2021 -- Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga announced Friday the government will extend COVID-19 state of emergency measures for Tokyo and surrounding prefectures by three weeks, to May 31, because infection rates remain high.
- Japan gov't set to extend, expand virus state of emergency People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- The Japanese government has decided to extend the duration of the COVID-19 state of emergency currently in effect for Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Hyogo prefectures until the end of the month as well as expand the coverage to include two prefecture, local media quoted senior officials as saying Thursday.
- Health Ministry: 1,039 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 1,061 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 07 May 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced today in a statement that 1,039 new confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 424,445, including 9,750 active cases.
- Taiwan reports 5 new imported COVID-19 cases CNA 07 May 2021 -- Taiwan on Friday confirmed five new cases of COVID-19 that originated in the Philippines, India and the United Kingdom but no new cases that were domestically transmitted, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Three groups of infections identified among CAL, Novotel COVID cases CNA 07 May 2021 -- Three different groups of COVID-19 infections have been identified among employees of Taiwan's China Airlines (CAL) and the Novotel airport hotel in Taoyuan and their relatives, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Friday.
- Taiwan reports another local cluster infection COVID-19 case People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- Another employee at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport hotel tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday, bringing the number of cases in a cluster linked to the hotel and Taiwan-based China Airlines to 29, said the local disease monitoring agency.
- COVID-19 concerns linger in Australian state with missing link of cases People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- Australia's state of New South Wales (NSW) is still on COVID-19 alert as the missing link between the recent cases may not be found.
- Australia PM says India travel ban to end on May 15 People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison confirmed on Friday that the ban on travel from India would end on May 15, paving the way for thousands of Australians stranded in the country to return home.
- WHO says COVID-19 vaccine supply hitches could reignite upticks in Africa People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- The delays in supply of COVID-19 vaccine doses to Africa linked to the crisis in India could reignite new waves of infections in the continent, the World Health Organization (WHO) official said Thursday.
- African Activists Welcome US Support of COVID Vaccine Waiver VOA 07 May 2021 -- African nations have welcomed news that the U.S. supports a proposal to waive intellectual property protections for COVID-19 vaccines. But, they warn, the road ahead is long and full of obstacles.
- Africa Coronavirus Cases Reached 4.6 Million SPA 07 May 2021 -- Africa recorded more than 4,000,000 confirmed Coronavirus cases, during the past 24 hours, it was reported here today.
- Additional batch of China's Sinovac vaccine arrives in Philippines People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- The Philippines received an additional batch of the Sinovac CoronaVac vaccine from China on Friday morning, said the country's Department of Health (DOH).
- Surging infections, fatalities put Nepal in hard struggle to cope with COVID-19 People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- Nepal is witnessing new record highs of COVID-19 infections and deaths with each passing day.
- Kuwait Reports 1,209 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 07 May 2021 -- Kuwait recorded 1,209 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and 7 deaths, in the past 24 hours.
- Tunisia Records 1,226 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 07 May 2021 -- Tunisia recorded 1,226 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and 69 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- Morocco Records 298 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 07 May 2021 -- Morocco recorded 298 new cases of COVID-19, in the past 24 hours, bringing the tally to 513,317.
- Lebanon Records 600 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 07 May 2021 -- Lebanon recorded 600 new cases of COVID-19, in the past 24 hours, bringing the tally to 531,834.
- Kuwait Reports 1,236 New COVID-19 Cases, 1,436 Recovries SPA 07 May 2021 -- Kuwait reported 1,236 new cases of Novel coronavirus, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases to 281,772.
- Number of COVID-19 Cases in Brazil Rises by Over 78,000 to Over 15.08Mln Sputnik 07 May 2021 -- The number of new COVID-19 cases in Brazil has increased by 78,886, to 15,082,449, within the past 24 hours, the national Ministry of Health said on late Friday.
- Erdogan Says Discussed Large-Scale Procurement of Russia's Sputnik V With Putin Sputnik 07 May 2021 -- Turkey will soon receive a large shipment of Russia's Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine and launch joint manufacturing in its territory, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday, commenting on his phone conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- China's CoronaVac vaccine completely safe: Azerbaijani acting health minister People's Daily 07 May 2021 -- Azerbaijan's acting health minister Teymur Musayev on Thursday hailed the CoronaVac vaccine made by China's biopharmaceutical company Sinovac Biotech as fully safe.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|