02 May 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Statement by President Joe Biden on the 10th Anniversary of the Osama bin Laden Raid The White House 02 May 2021
- Biden Says Al-Qaeda 'Greatly Degraded' On 10-Year Anniversary Of Osama Bin Laden Killing RFE/RL Gandhara 02 May 2021 -- President Joe Biden has used the 10th anniversary of the raid that killed Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden to support his decision to pull troops out of Afghanistan.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- U.S. Records 53,613 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 02 May 2021 -- The United States of America recorded 53,613 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, along with 822 deaths.
- Exclusive: China accelerating production and delivery of 40,000 more oxygen generators ordered by India: Ambassador Global Times 02 May 2021 -- China will make its utmost efforts to provide help to India in accordance with the demands of the Indian side, and the production of at least 40,000 oxygen generators as the orders placed by India is underway. Chinese companies will soon deliver necessary medical supplies to India, Chinese Ambassador to India Sun Weidong told the Global Times in an exclusive interview.
- China ready to offer support, assistance to help India fight COVID-19: FM People's Daily 02 May 2021 -- China is ready to provide support and assistance to the best of its capability to help India fight the COVID-19 pandemic, Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Friday.
- Over 270 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 02 May 2021 -- More than 270.4 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Saturday, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- China Reports 15 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 02 May 2021 -- China reported 15 new Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, while no new deaths were recorded during the past 24 hours.
- Italy Records 9,148 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 02 May 2021 -- Italy recorded 9,148 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), along with 144 deaths, in the past 24 hours.
- India Pummeled Anew by COVID Deaths and Infections VOA 02 May 2021 -- India continues to be pummeled by the coronavirus pandemic, documenting a new national record Sunday of nearly 3,700 deaths in the last 24 hours and more than 390,000 new infections.
- India's Cumulative Vaccination Coverage exceeds 15.68 Crore as Phase-3 of Nationwide Vaccination Drive commences India PIB 02 May 2021 -- The Government of India along with States/UTs through a 'Whole of Government' approach has embarked on a five-point strategy for prevention, containment, and management of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country
- Govt. of India has so far provided more 16.54 crore vaccine doses to States/UTs Free of Cost India PIB 02 May 2021 -- Government of India is leading the fight against the COVID19 pandemic in collaboration with the States and UT through a "Whole of Government" approach
- PM reviews progress of converting Nitrogen plants to Oxygen Plants India PIB 02 May 2021 -- Considering the requirement of medical oxygen amidst the COVID-19 pandemic situation, the Government of India explored the feasibility of conversion of existing nitrogen plants to produce oxygen
- PM reviews usage of Gaseous Oxygen for Medical Purposes India PIB 02 May 2021 -- In line with his direction of exploring innovative ways to ramp up supply and availability of oxygen, PM Modi today chaired a meeting to review the usage of gaseous oxygen.
Many industries like Steel plants, refineries with petrochemical units, industries using rich combustion process, power plants etc have oxygen plants which produce gaseous oxygen which is used in the process
- Cabinet Secretary reviews state of COVID-19 preparedness in Delhi India PIB 02 May 2021 -- Shri Rajiv Gauba, Cabinet Secretary, Government of India, today reviewed various aspects of COVID-19 preparedness in Delhi
- Delhi receives its 2nd Oxygen Express with 120 MT Liquid Oxygen India PIB 02 May 2021 -- Continuing its journey of bringing relief to people by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country, Indian Railways has now delivered 1094 MT of LMO in 74 tankers to various states across the country
- Railways work swiftly to deploy 10 Isolation Coaches at Dimapur today in keeping State Govt of Nagaland's demand India PIB 02 May 2021 -- Strengthening the capabilities of the nation in the united fight against Covid, the Ministry of Railways has, amongst its multi-pronged initiatives, deployed nearly 4000 Isolation Coaches with almost 64000 beds
- India reports over 390,000 new COVID-19 cases, tally over 19.5 million People's Daily 02 May 2021 -- India's COVID-19 tally reached 19,557,457 on Sunday, with a single day spike of 392,488 cases, said the federal health ministry.
- India Reports 392,488 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 02 May 2021 -- India reported 392,488 new Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of infections to 19,557,457.
- Pakistan Tightens Border to Stem Influx of New Coronavirus Variants VOA 02 May 2021 -- Pakistan decided Sunday to temporarily suspend incoming pedestrian movement at overland border crossings with Afghanistan and Iran to "restrain import of any new mutation" of the coronavirus.
- Pakistan Reports 4,414 New COVID-19 Cases, 113 Deaths SPA 02 May 2021 -- Pakistan reported 4,414 new Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and 113 deaths during the past 24 hours.
- COVID-19: Pakistan tightens border restrictions with Iran, bilateral trade to continue IRNA 02 May 2021 -- The government of Pakistan has imposed 15-day travel restrictions to control the spread of coronavirus and its mutated variants on its border with the Islamic Republic of Iran, however trade between the two countries would continue without any interruption.
- Rouhani: Supplying COVID-19 vaccines highest priority of gov't programs IRNA 02 May 2021 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Sunday said that vaccine preparation is the top priority of the government's plans.
- COVID-19 kills 394 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 02 May 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran exceeded 72,484 with 394 more Iranians who dies from the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Iran to pay for COVID-19 vaccine from its funds in Iraq IRNA 02 May 2021 -- Iran's Energy Minister Reza Ardakanian said on Sunday that the country would pay for the Russian coronavirus vaccine from funds in Iraq.
- S. Korea Records 606 New Covid 19 Cases SPA 02 May 2021 -- South Korea recorded 606 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the past 24 hours, along with two deaths.
- S. Korea Records New Virus Cases Above 600 for 3rd Day SPA 02 May 2021 -- South Korea's daily new virus cases remained in the 600s for the third straight day Saturday as sporadic cluster infections were reported across the nation amid concerns of another wave of infections, Yonhap reported.
- Health Ministry: 937 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 1,120 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 02 May 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced today in a statement that 937 new confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 419,348, including 9,705 active cases.
- Taiwan reports one new imported, four domestic COVID-19 cases CNA 02 May 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday confirmed four new domestic cases of COVID-19, including three linked to an airport hotel cluster in Taoyuan, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- People in COVID-19 cluster took Taipei MRT, visited restaurants: CECC CNA 02 May 2021 -- Two of the four people confirmed Sunday as domestic COVID-19 cases had visited restaurants in Taipei and traveled on public transport in the city before they tested positive for the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Arrivals from India to be quarantined at government centers: CECC CNA 02 May 2021 -- Starting Tuesday, travelers arriving from India will be quarantined at designated government facilities, free of cost, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Sunday, as COVID-19 infections continued to climb in the south Asian nation.
- Taiwan-donated 150 oxygen concentrators, 500 cylinders arrive in India CNA 02 May 2021 -- A total of 150 oxygen concentrators and 500 oxygen cylinders donated by Taiwan arrived in India on Sunday to support the country's fight against the raging second wave of COVID-19, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
- UAE Announces 1,847 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 02 May 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced that it conducted 205,625 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment, according to WAM News Agency.
- Morocco Records 294 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 02 May 2021 -- Morocco recorded 294 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), in the past 24 hours, bringing the tally to 511,856.
- Egypt Records 63 Deaths and 1032 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 02 May 2021 -- Egypt recorded 1032 new cases of Coronavirus (Covid 19) in the past 24 hours, along with 63 deaths.
- Brazil Records 2,656 Deaths and 66,964 New Virus Infections SPA 02 May 2021 -- Brazil recorded 66,964 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the past 24 hours, along with 2,656 deaths.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|