01 May 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- U.S. CDC estimates 1 in 3 Americans infected with COVID-19 People's Daily 01 May 2021 -- About 35 percent of all Americans have been infected with COVID-19 over the past year, according to a new study of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Hong Kong reports zero new local infection of COVID-19 People's Daily 01 May 2021 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) on Saturday reported zero locally transmitted case of COVID-19.
- Chinese mainland reports 16 new COVID-19 cases, all imported People's Daily 01 May 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 16 new COVID-19 cases, all of which were imported, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- WHO to assess Chinese COVID-19 vaccines soon: official People's Daily 01 May 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) will meet between this week and next week to assess the Chinese COVID-19 vaccines developed by Sinopharm and Sinovac for the WHO Emergency Use Listing Procedure, according to a WHO official and recent media reports.
- UK Reports 1,907 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 01 May 2021 -- The United Kingdom reported 1,907 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and 7 deaths, during the past 24 hours.
- Russia reports 9,270 new COVID-19 cases, 392 deaths SPA 01 May 2021 -- Russia reported 9,270 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, including 3,208 in Moscow, taking the official national tally since the pandemic began to 4,814,558, according to Reuters.
- India's COVID19 Vaccination Coverage Nearly 15.5 Crore India PIB 01 May 2021 -- As part of the countrywide COVID19 vaccination drive, the cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country stands at 15,49,89,635
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 106 India PIB 01 May 2021 -- The Government of India along with States/UTs through a 'Whole of Government' approach has embarked on a five-point strategy for prevention, containment, and management of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country
- Govt. of India has so far provided more 16.37 crore vaccine doses to States/UTs Free of Cost India PIB 01 May 2021 -- Government of India has at the forefront of the fight against the COVID19 pandemic
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh reviews efforts of MoD & Armed Forces in fight against second COVID-19 wave; India PIB 01 May 2021 -- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh reviewed the efforts of Ministry of Defence and the Armed Forces to support the civilian administration in the fight against the current COVID-19 situation in the country, through video conferencing on May 01, 2021
- Oxygen Expresses to deliver a record 250 MT of LMO to Delhi, Telangana, UP by tomorrow morning India PIB 01 May 2021 -- Accelerating its pace of delivering liquid medical oxygen to various states across the country, Indian Railways has delivered 813 MT of LMO in 56 tankers to various states across the country
- Railway mobilises Additional Covid Care Coaches for use in States of Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra India PIB 01 May 2021 -- Strengthening the capabilities of the nation in the united fight against Covid, the Ministry of Railways has, amongst its multi-pronged initiatives, deployed nearly 4000 Isolation coaches with almost 64000 beds.
To work concurrently with the States and in a bid to reach out as swiftly as possible, the Railway has drawn a de-centralised plan of action empowering zones and divisions to work out their Memorandum of Agreement for cohesive action
- Japan to Send Respirators, Oxygen Concentrators to Virus-Hit India SPA 01 May 2021 -- The Japanese government said Friday it has decided to send 300 respirators and 300 oxygen concentrators to India, which is battling one of the world's worst coronavirus crises with the rapid spread of the virus, including more contagious variants, Kyodo reported.
- COVID-19 claims 332 lives in Iran over past 24 hours IRNA 01 May 2021 -- Some 332 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 72,090, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- S. Korea Records 600s New Covid-19 Cases for 2nd Day SPA 01 May 2021 -- South Korea's daily new virus cases remained in the 600s for the second day Friday as the country extended its social distancing measures against the coronavirus amid concerns of another wave of the pandemic, Yonhap reported.
- Health Ministry: 1,048 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases in Saudi Arabia SPA 01 May 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced today in a statement that 1,048 new confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 418,411, including 9,899 active cases.
- Three airport hotel employees test positive for COVID-19 in Taiwan People's Daily 01 May 2021 -- Three employees of Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport hotel were confirmed infected with COVID-19 Friday, said the local monitoring agency for the disease.
- Taiwan reports one domestic, three imported COVID-19 cases CNA 01 May 2021 -- Taiwan reported on Saturday one new domestic COVID-19 case linked to a recently confirmed infection involving a China Airlines pilot, and three imported cases, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- 3 workers in hotel COVID-19 cluster visited Alishan, restaurants: CECC CNA 01 May 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday it has been tracing the movements of three of the employees in a COVID-19 cluster infection at Novotel airport hotel and found that they had visited several restaurants and some tourist spots over the past week.
- Four CAL pilots, hotel worker infected with same COVID variant: CECC CNA 01 May 2021 -- Four of the 10 China Airlines pilots who recently tested positive for COVID-19 were found to be infected with the same variant of the disease as an employee at a Taiwan hotel where they had stayed, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday.
- WHO Fears COVID Resurgence in Africa, Urges Vigilance VOA 01 May 2021 -- The World Health Organization urges African countries to be on guard and to remain vigilant in their fight against a resurgence of COVID-19 transmission across the continent.
- Kyiv Eases COVID-19 Restrictions Following Decrease In Infections RFE/RL 01 May 2021 -- Ukraine's capital has eased tough lockdown measures imposed in March to prevent the rapid spread of the new coronavirus.
- North Macedonia Leans On China For COVID-19 Vaccine Campaign RFE/RL 01 May 2021 -- North Macedonia will expand its COVID-19 immunization program next week after the small Balkan nation received a first shipment of 200,000 doses of the Chinese-made Sinopharm vaccine on April 30.
- 203 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases Detected in Algeria SPA 01 May 2021 -- As many as 203 new confirmed cases of Coronavirus infections were reported here, during the last 24 hours, against 147 recoveries and only 9 deaths.
- Morocco Reports New 313 Coronavirus Infections SPA 01 May 2021 -- Morocco detected in the last 24 hours 313 new Novel Coronavirus infections, putting the tally at 511,562 cases.
- Lebanon Reports New 930 Coronavirus Infections SPA 01 May 2021 -- Lebanon reported in the last 24 hours 930 Novel Coronavirus infections, putting the tally at 527,508 cases.
- Iraq Detects 5167 New Coronavirus Infections SPA 01 May 2021 -- Iraq detected in the last 24 hours 5167 new Coronavirus infections, raising the tally to 1,070,366 cases.
- Thailand Reports New Daily Record of 21 Deaths in 3rd Virus Wave SPA 01 May 2021 -- Thailand on Saturday reported a new daily record of 21 coronavirus deaths in one day, Reuter cited the health ministry as saying.
- Brazil Records 2595 Deaths and 68,333 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 01 May 2021 -- Brazil recorded 68,333 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the past 24 hours, along with 2595 deaths.
- Egypt Records 61 Deaths and 1,021 New Coronavirus Infections SPA 01 May 2021 -- Egypt recorded 1,021 confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus in the past 24 hours, along with 61 deaths.
- COVID Spurs Uganda to Suspend Flights from India VOA 01 May 2021 -- Uganda has suspended all flights coming into the country from India after recording new variants of the coronavirus, including the COVID-19 variant from India.
- Australians Caught Breaching India COVID Travel Ban Could Face Jail VOA 01 May 2021 -- Australians stuck in India could face up to five years in jail if they breach a COVID-19 travel ban to return home starting early next week. Australia has stopped all direct flights from India in a bid to cut coronavirus cases in its hotel quarantine system.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|