30 April 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- DHS Announces Steps to Protect Border Communities from Wall Construction DHS 30 Apr 2021 -- Today, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced initial steps to protect border communities from physical dangers resulting from the previous administration's approach to border wall construction.
- DOD Release Regarding Cancellation of Border Barrier Project Cancellation DoD 30 Apr 2021 -- Today, the Department of Defense released the following statement on the cancellation of all border barrier construction projects paid for with funds originally intended for military missions and projects.
- Pentagon Halts US Border Wall Projects Using Diverted Funds Sputnik 30 Apr 2021 -- The US Defense Department has terminated all southern border wall projects that use money funneled from other missions, Deputy Pentagon spokesperson Jamal Brown said in a statement on Friday.
- Indonesia declares armed criminal group in eastern province Papua as terrorists People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- Indonesia's government has declared the armed criminal group locally known as KKB linked to the Papuan separatists in the Southeast Asian country's eastern province of Papua as terrorists, a senior minister said on Thursday.
- Indonesia arrests 52 suspected terrorists linked to cathedral bombing People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- The Indonesian police's Densus 88 counterterrorism squad have arrested 52 suspected terrorists linked to a suicide bombing in Makassar cathedral church in South Sulawesi, according to an official source on Thursday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- 100M US Adults Fully Vaccinated Against COVID, White House Says VOA 30 Apr 2021 -- The White House said Friday that 100 million Americans had now been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, nearly double the 55 million of a month ago.
- A Proclamation on the Suspension of Entry as Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus Disease 2019 The White House 30 Apr 2021
- US Imposes Travel Restrictions on India Because of COVID-19 Wave VOA 30 Apr 2021 -- The United States is imposing new travel restrictions on India starting Tuesday because of the devastating wave of COVID-19 cases across the Asian nation.
- Biden set to impose new travel restrictions on India: Official Press TV 30 Apr 2021 -- A White House official has said that US President Joe Biden is set to impose new travel restrictions on India starting Tuesday in the wake of the COVID-19 epidemic in the country which is second only to the United States in total coronavirus infections.
- US Records 53,051 New of Covid-19 SPA 30 Apr 2021 -- The United States of America recorded, in the past 24 hours, 53,051 confirmed cases as well as 876 deaths, due to the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19).
- Biden: US Military Brass Will Decide Whether to Issue COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate for Troops Sputnik 30 Apr 2021 -- Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the US has reported upwards of 32 million COVID-19 cases and nearly 576,000 deaths, according to figures released by Johns Hopkins University. To date, an estimated 240 million vaccines have been administered, as roughly 102 million Americans have been fully vaccinated.
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 30 Apr 2021
- Briefing With State Department Coordinator for Global COVID Response and Health Security Gayle E. Smith On Efforts To Support the Global Pandemic Response US Dept. of State 30 Apr 2021
- Chinese cities detect COVID-19 mutant strains found in India Global Times 30 Apr 2021 -- COVID-19 mutant strains found in India have been detected in some Chinese cities, Wu Zunyou, the chief epidemiologist of the Chinese Center for Disease Control, said on Thursday. Wu reminded the public that implementing epidemic control measures is key to curbing the spread of virus variants.
- Over 253 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- More than 253.46 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Thursday, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 13 new COVID-19 cases, all imported People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 13 new COVID-19 cases, all of which were imported, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- Hungary Eases COVID-19 Restrictions For Those Who Are Vaccinated RFE/RL 30 Apr 2021 -- Hungary will loosen coronavirus restrictions for holders of a government-issued immunity card as Prime Minister Viktor Orban says the country is about to reach 4 million first-dose vaccinations, representing about 40 percent of the population.
- Russian Vaccines Protect From All Known Strains of COVID-19, Rospotrebnadzor Says Sputnik 30 Apr 2021 -- The immunity developed after Russian vaccines currently protects from all strains of coronavirus, the head of consumer rights watchdog Rospotrebnadzor, Anna Popova, said on Friday.
- Russia Reports 8,731 New COVID-19 Cases, 397 Deaths SPA 30 Apr 2021 -- Russia reported 8,731 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, including 2,662 in Moscow, taking the official national tally since the pandemic began to 4,805,288, Reuters reported.
- Fauci Recommends Lockdown for India VOA 30 Apr 2021 -- India set a record Saturday, for the first time surpassing 400,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.
- British government says no surplus vaccine doses for India, media reports People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- Britain has no surplus of COVID-19 vaccines to give to India as it faces a deadly wave of COVID-19, Reuters reported Thursday quoting British Health Secretary Matt Hancock.
- U.S. Sends Medical Supplies to India to Help in COVID-19 Fight DoD News 30 Apr 2021 -- A lot of progress has been made against COVID-19, but it's still a global pandemic. As part of a whole-of-government effort to slow and eventually end the pandemic, the United States is sending medical supplies and equipment to India as that country battles the most recent outbreak.
- US Aid Arrives as India Grapples with COVID-Triggered Humanitarian Crisis VOA 30 Apr 2021 -- The first emergency aid of critical medical supplies arrived in India from the United States on Friday, as the country grapples with a humanitarian crisis after being hit with the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Exclusive: China accelerating production and delivery of 40,000 more oxygen generators ordered by India: Ambassador Global Times 30 Apr 2021 -- China will make its utmost efforts to provide help to India in accordance with the demands of the Indian side, and the production of at least 40,000 oxygen generators as the orders placed by India is underway. Chinese companies will soon deliver necessary medical supplies to India, Chinese Ambassador to India Sun Weidong told the Global Times in an exclusive interview.
- India's Daily COVID Count Climbs Toward 400,000 VOA 30 Apr 2021 -- The daily tally of COVID-19 cases in India continues to climb toward the 400,000 mark. Friday, the health ministry reported 386,452 new infections. The daily toll of new cases has been over 300,000 for nine consecutive days. Indian media are reporting that some public health experts believe that the actual tally of new infections may be at least five times higher than the official count.
- Govt. of India has so far provided more 16.33 crore vaccine doses to States/UTs Free of Cost India PIB 30 Apr 2021 -- Vaccination is a crucial pillar of the five point strategy of Government of India to fight the pandemic including Test, Track, Treat and COVID Appropriate Behaviour
- COVID 19 Vaccination-Day 105 India PIB 30 Apr 2021 -- The total vaccination across the country has crossed more than 15.48 Cr mark
- Union Health Ministry issues Revised Guidelines for Home Isolation of Mild and Asymptomatic COVID-19 cases India PIB 30 Apr 2021 -- Government of India is leading the COVID-19 response and management in the country in close coordination and collaboration with the State/UT governments
- More than 2.45 Cr beneficiaries register themselves on Co-WIN as Phase III of the Vaccination commences (till 930 am today) India PIB 30 Apr 2021 -- In a significant development, more than 2.45 crore beneficiaries have registered themselves on Co-WIN digital platform (till 930 am today) as the Phase-3 of the vaccination commences from 28th April 2021
- India to import 4,50,000 vials of Remdesivir India PIB 30 Apr 2021 -- The Government of India has started importing the vital drug Remdesivir from other countries to ease out the shortage of Remdesivir in the country
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh invokes special provisions & grants Emergency Financial Powers to Armed Forces to fight COVID-19 surge India PIB 30 Apr 2021 -- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh invoked special provisions and granted Emergency Financial Powers to the Armed Forces to empower them and speed up their efforts in tide over the current COVID-19 situation in the country, on April 30, 2021
- More Oxygen Expresses on the way to Haryana, MP, Telangana and UP India PIB 30 Apr 2021 -- Indian Railways is continuing its Oxygen Express journey and saving many more lives
- Int'l assistance continues as India sees record new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- India has been facing a deteriorating COVID-19 situation, as the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Wednesday that India alone accounted for 38 percent of global case growth last week.
- US sends medical supplies to India to help in COVID-19 fight US Air Force 30 Apr 2021 -- A lot of progress has been made against COVID-19, but it's still a pandemic. As part of a whole-of-government effort to slow and eventually end the pandemic, the United States sent medical supplies and equipment to India April 28 as that country battles the most recent outbreak.
- Pakistan mulls over banning inbound flights from May 5 to curb COVID-19 People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) of Pakistan on Thursday recommended the country's Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) to ban inbound flights from May 5 to May 20 for curbing the fast-spreading third wave of COVID-19, an NCOC statement said.
- COVID-19 claims 407 lives in Iran over past 24 hours: official IRNA 30 Apr 2021 -- Some 407 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 71,758, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Iran set to produce some 1m doses of COVID-19 vaccines within weeks: official IRNA 30 Apr 2021 -- Iran is expected to produce some 1 million doses of the domestically developed COVID-19 vaccine β COV-Iran Barekat β within the next couple of weeks, according to an official with the knowledge of the case.
- S.Korea to extend tightened quarantine measures for 3 weeks People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- South Korea decided Friday to extend its tightened quarantine measures for three more weeks amid lingering worry about small cluster infections of COVID-19 in the Seoul metropolitan area.
- Health Ministry: 1,056 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases in Saudi Arabia SPA 30 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced today in a statement that 1,056 new confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 417,363, including 9,826 active cases.
- Three more airport hotel employees among latest COVID-19 cases CNA 30 Apr 2021 -- Three employees at Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport have been confirmed among seven COVID-19 cases reported in Taiwan on Friday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Amid new COVID-19 cases, Taoyuan tightens prevention measures CNA 30 Apr 2021 -- The Taoyuan City government will tighten face mask and other COVID-19 prevention measures after new cases were reported in the city in recent days, the city's mayor said Friday.
- CECC focuses on foreign pilots as source of airport hotel COVID-19 cases CNA 30 Apr 2021 -- The search for the source of COVID-19 infections found at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport hotel is now focused on pilots of foreign carriers who stayed there, Health and Welfare Minister Chen Shih-chung (ι³ζδΈ) said Friday.
- New batches of Chinese COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Indonesia People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- New batches of COVID-19 vaccines produced by Chinese pharmaceutical companies arrived at Indonesia's Soekarno-Hatta Airport on Friday, an Indonesian official said.
- Indonesia approves emergency use of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- Indonesia's food and drug authority BPOM has issued an emergency use authorization (EUA) for the COVID-19 vaccine produced by Chinese pharmaceutical company Sinopharm, an official source said on Friday.
- Morocco's COVID-19 tally rises to 510,465 with 493 new cases People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- Morocco's COVID-19 tally rose to 510,465 on Wednesday as 493 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours.
- Morocco Reports 363 New Coronavirus' Infections SPA 30 Apr 2021 -- Morocco reported in the last 24 hours as many as 363 new infections of the Novel Coronavirus, bringing the total number of the infected to 511,249 cases.
- Turkish Government Under Fire Over COVID-19 Alcohol Ban VOA 30 Apr 2021 -- The Turkish government's decision to ban alcohol sales as part of a nearly three-week lockdown to contain COVID-19 is causing a political storm, with opponents accusing the Islamic-rooted government of using the pandemic to pursue a religious agenda.
- Turkish Health Ministry Authorizes Use of Sputnik V Vaccine, Health Minister Says Sputnik 30 Apr 2021 -- The Turkish Health Ministry has authorized the use of Sputnik V, a Russian COVID-19 vaccine, in the country, Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said on Friday.
- WHO says Africa at risk of COVID-19 resurgence amid laxity People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- Many African countries are at high risk of COVID-19 resurgence amid lax adherence to containment measures combined with low vaccination and testing, a World Health Organization (WHO) official said Thursday.
- African countries acquire more than 37 mln COVID-19 vaccines: Africa CDC People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- African countries have acquired a total of over 37.1 million COVID-19 vaccines so far, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) disclosed on Thursday.
- Panamanian president warns not to lower guard against COVID-19 People's Daily 30 Apr 2021 -- Panamanian President Laurentino Cortizo on Thursday characterized as positive the results of the country's management and health strategy to curb COVID-19, but urged Panamanians not to lower their guard because "we have not won the war."
- Indian states run out of COVID-19 vaccines, Brazil tops 400,000 fatality mark Press TV 30 Apr 2021 -- Several Indian states have run out of coronavirus vaccines a day prior to a planned broadening of a nationwide vaccination drive amid a surge of new cases in the country to yet another daily record, officials have announced.
- Cambodians Protest Food Shortages in Phnom Penh, as COVID Numbers Climb Radio Free Asia 30 Apr 2021 -- More than a hundred residents of the Cambodian capital Phnom Penh protested over severe shortages of food in the city on Friday amid rapidly climbing numbers of COVID-19 infections and two more deaths from the disease, Cambodian sources said.
- Algeria Reports 242 New Confirmed Novel COVID-19 Cases SPA 30 Apr 2021 -- Algeria reported in the last 24 hours as many as 242 new confirmed Coronavirus infections, 9 deaths and 168 recoveries.
- UAE Announces 1,974 New COVID-19 Cases, 1,836 Recoveries, 3 Deaths in Last 24 Hours SPA 30 Apr 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention, MoHAP, announced that it conducted 204,093 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment.
- Egypt Reports 1,003 New Covid-19 Cases and death of 59 SPA 30 Apr 2021 -- Egypt reported 1,003 new cases of Novel Corona Virus, and 59 deaths during the past 24 hours.
- Tunisia Reports 1,902 New Covid-19 Cases SPA 30 Apr 2021 -- Tunisia reported 1,902 New cases of Novel Corona Virus, and 78 deaths, in the past 24 hours.
- Palestine Records 1,051 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 30 Apr 2021 -- Palestine recorded, in the past 24 hours, 16 deaths, 1,051 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), and 1844 recoveries, in all Palestinian governorates.
- Albania Approves Use of Russian COVID-19 Vaccine Sputnik V Sputnik 30 Apr 2021 -- Albania has approved the use of Sputnik V, a Russian COVID-19 vaccine, the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) said on Friday, adding that the Balkan country has already received its first shipment.
- Decades of health gains at risk in Brazil due to COVID-19 UN News 30 Apr 2021 -- Although COVID-19 cases are declining in Brazil, the pandemic is putting decades of public health gains there at risk, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Friday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|