28 April 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- US Agents Raid New York Home, Office of Former Trump Lawyer VOA 28 Apr 2021 -- U.S. federal agents seized electronic devices in daybreak raids Wednesday at the New York home and office of Rudy Giuliani, a former New York mayor who became former President Donald Trump's personal attorney, as investigators probe Giuliani's activities in Ukraine linked to Trump's 2020 reelection campaign.
- 3 Accused in Failed Kidnapping of Governor Charged With Conspiracy VOA 28 Apr 2021 -- Three men who face accusations in a failed plot to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer are now charged with conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction.
- Individual Arrested and Charged with Operating Notorious Darknet Cryptocurrency "Mixer" US Dept. of Justice 28 Apr 2021 -- Bitcoin Fog Service Allegedly Laundered $335 Million in Cryptocurrency Since 2011
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID-19 cases rise for ninth consecutive week, variants continue spreading UN News 28 Apr 2021 -- COVID-19 infections have increased for the ninth consecutive week globally while variants continue their spread, the UN health agency has confirmed.
- Low Pay, Bad Working Conditions, COVID Burnout Spark Likely Global Nursing Shortage VOA 28 Apr 2021 -- The International Council of Nurses warned Thursday that the world was facing a nursing crisis and could expect a significant shortage ā perhaps a reduction by half ā in the global nursing workforce of 27 million in the next few years.
- U.S. California to provide India supplies to combat COVID-19 outbreak People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- Some medical supplies would be flown out from California Governor's Office of Emergency Services to India as soon as Tuesday in order to help the country to combat a devastating and fast-spreading surge of COVID-19.
- U.S. Louisiana lifts statewide mask mandate People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- The statewide mask mandate in the U.S. state of Louisiana will be lifted on Wednesday, governor John Bel Edwards announced Tuesday.
- Fauci: New Mask Guidelines Should Motivate People to Get COVID Vaccinations VOA 28 Apr 2021 -- Dr. Anthony Fauci, the White House's chief medical adviser, said Wednesday that the new outdoor mask recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention should motivate people to get vaccinated.
- Vaccinated People Can Go Barefaced to Outdoor Gatherings, CDC Says VOA 28 Apr 2021 -- Fully vaccinated people can skip the mask when they get together outside with others, vaccinated or not, according to updated guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- US 'recommendations' to WHO pushing back on frozen food hypothesis a political farce: Chinese FM Global Times 28 Apr 2021 -- The US' planned recommendations to the WHO urging more testing and pushing back on the idea that cold chain could spread coronavirus are a political farce with a preset outcome whose purpose is nothing more than to smear and suppress China, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.
- China pledges to deepen anti-pandemic cooperation with South Asian countries People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- Foreign ministers of China, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh on Tuesday agreed to deepen cooperation as South Asian countries are facing a new wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Over 235 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- Nearly 235.98 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Tuesday, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- Hong Kong reports 7 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- Hong Kong's daily infections of COVID-19 remained single-digit growth on Wednesday, adding to signs that the virus spread has been largely curbed.
- Guangdong administers over 1 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses in a single day People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- Guangdong has become the first province in China to administer more than 1 million COVID-19 vaccine doses in a single day, local health authorities said on Wednesday.
- Hong Kong to relax COVID-19 control under "vaccine bubble" plan People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- Hong Kong will on Thursday launch a "vaccine bubble" plan that allows places like bars and eateries to reopen or have fewer restrictions, provided their staff and customers all taking vaccine jabs.
- EU Blasts 'Manipulation' Of Vaccine Info by Russia, China RFE/RL 28 Apr 2021 -- The European Union says that China and Russia have intensified "state-sponsored disinformation" campaigns denigrating Western-developed COVID-19 vaccines while promoting their own.
- Europe moves cautiously to lift coronavirus restrictions People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- Europeans are longing for outdoor gatherings and sunshine as the weather turns warm. This week, in some parts of Europe, people once again crowded streets and parks as governments started to gradually lift coronavirus restrictions.
- Serbian president receives 2nd dose of Sinopharm vaccine People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic on Tuesday received the second dose of the Chinese Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine here in southeastern Serbia and expressed gratitude to China and the Chinese people for "enormous support and help."
- Germany Reports 22,231 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 28 Apr 2021 -- Germany reported 22,231 new cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19), and 312 deaths during the past 24 hours.
- UK Records 2,166 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 28 Apr 2021 -- The United Kingdom recorded today 2,166 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), along with 29 deaths.
- Russia Reports 7,848 New COVID-19 Cases, 387 Deaths SPA 28 Apr 2021 -- Russia reported 7,848 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours on Wednesday, including 1,840 in Moscow, taking the national tally to 4,787,273, according to Reuters.
- Developers of Sputnik V Slam Brazilian Regulator's Refusal to Allow Vaccine Imports Sputnik 28 Apr 2021 -- The decision of Brazil's health regulator Anvisa to deny the request by the country's regional governments on the import of Russia's Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine is politically motivated, the developers said on Wednesday.
- India Surpasses 200,000 COVID-19 Deaths VOA 28 Apr 2021 -- India's coronavirus death toll has topped the 200,000 mark as it continues to be mired in a catastrophic surge of the disease.
- First Shipment of Russian COVID Relief Aid Lands in India, Includes Coronavir, Ventilators Sputnik 28 Apr 2021 -- In a telephone call with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday, Russian President Vladimir Putin assured the Indian leader that Moscow is committed to helping the country as it reels from a second COVID wave.
- UK sends oxygen factories to support India UK FCDO 28 Apr 2021 -- The UK will send further vital oxygen equipment to India in support of the country's fight against coronavirus (COVID-19).
- UN providing equipment and supplies to help India fight rapid COVID-19 surge UN News 28 Apr 2021 -- The United Nations is supporting India as the country battles a major surge in COVID-19 cases which on Wednesday saw the overall reported death toll top 201,000, according to latest World Health Organization (WHO) figures. Confirmed cases stand at just under 18 million nationwide.
- India's Cumulative Vaccination Coverage exceeds 14.78 Crore India PIB 28 Apr 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 14.78 Cr today.
Cumulatively, 14,78,27,367 vaccine doses have been administered through 21,18,435 sessions, as per the provisional report till 7 am today
- Govt. of India has so far provided nearly 16 crore vaccine doses to States/UTs Free of Cost India PIB 28 Apr 2021 -- Government of India has leading the fight against the COVID19 pandemic
- COVID19 Vaccination-Day 103 India PIB 28 Apr 2021 -- The total vaccination across the country has come near to 15 Cr mark
- COVID19 Vaccination- update India PIB 28 Apr 2021 -- Vaccination is a critical component of the containment and management strategy of the Government of India in its fight against the COVID Pandemic. A Liberalised and Accelerated Phase 3 Strategy of Covid-19 Vaccination will be implemented from 1st May 2021. Registration for the new eligible population groups commenced today from 4pm.Potential beneficiaries can register directly on CoWINportal (cowin.gov.in) or through the Aarogya Setu app.
- Railway mobilises 22 Additional Covid Care Coaches for use in States of Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra India PIB 28 Apr 2021 -- Strengthening the capabilities of the nation in the united fight against Covid, the Ministry of Railways has, amongst its multi-pronged initiatives, deployed nearly 4000 Isolation Coaches with almost 64000 beds.
To work concurrently with the States and in a bid to reach out as swiftly as possible, the Railway has drawn a de-centralised plan of action empowering Zones and Divisions to work out their Memorandum of Agreement for cohesive action
- Oxygen Expresses deliver cumulative 510 MT of oxygen to Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Delhi and Madhya Pradesh India PIB 28 Apr 2021 -- Indian Railways is continuing its journey of delivering liquid medical oxygen to various parts of the country
- PM reviews Covid related operations by Indian Air Force India PIB 28 Apr 2021 -- Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi today.
He briefed the PM on the efforts being undertaken by IAF to help in the Cover-19 related situation.
Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria informed the Prime Minister that the IAF has ordered 24x7 readiness of the entire heavy lift fleet and substantial numbers of the medium lift fleets to operate in a hub and spoke model to rapidly meet all Covid related tasking across the country and overseas
- DRDO to set up 500 Medical Oxygen Plants within three months under PM CARES Fund India PIB 28 Apr 2021 -- The Medical Oxygen Plant (MOP) technology, developed by DRDO for OnāBoard Oxygen Generation for LCA, Tejas by DEBEL, DRDO will now help in fighting the current crisis of oxygen for COVID-19 patients
- INDIAN ARMY STEPS UP HOSPITAL FACILITIES AT DELHI CANTONMENT TO FIGHT COVID SURGE India PIB 28 Apr 2021 -- In keeping with its ethos of selfless service to the Nation, the Indian Army has created a number of COVID facilities on a war footing in order to provide extensive medical assistance to veterans and their dependents at a number of places
- India suffering calamitous surge of COVID-19 cases, int'l community extending help People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- Over the past week, India has been reporting more than 300,000 new COVID-19 cases each day, while medical oxygen is running out and patients are still waiting for treatment in overloaded hospitals.
- India's COVID-19 death toll surpasses 200,000-mark People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- India's death toll due to COVID-19 surpassed the 200,000-mark, reaching 201,187 on Wednesday, said federal health ministry.
- India reports new highs in daily COVID-19 cases, deaths as death toll surpasses 200,000-mark People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- India's death toll due to COVID-19 surpassed the 200,000-mark, reaching 201,187 on Wednesday, said federal health ministry.
- Election Commission of India bans victory processions amid COVID-19 surge People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- The Election Commission of India (ECI) Tuesday ordered a ban on all victory processions on the day of, or even after, counting of votes for the states amid a COVID-19 surge.
- Indian PM chairs COVID-19 review meeting People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Tuesday chaired a high-level meeting with top officials to review the ongoing COVID-19 situation in the country, officials said.
- UN General Assembly president calls for aid to India in fight against COVID-19 People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- The president of the 75th session of the UN General Assembly, Volkan Bozkir, on Tuesday called for international aid to India in its fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, said his spokesman.
- Pakistani PM, Bill Gates discuss measures against COVID-19 People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan held a telephone conversation with Bill Gates, co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, discussing measures to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, the Prime Minister's Office said on Wednesday.
- COVID-19 claims 434 lives in Iran over past 24 hours: Official IRNA 28 Apr 2021 -- Some 434 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 70,966, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Iran produces new generation of RT-PCR kits for COVID-19 diagnosis IRNA 28 Apr 2021 -- A new generation of RT-PCR kits has been produced in Iran's Pastor Institute in both liquefied or lyophilized forms, according to an official with knowledge of the case.
- Health Ministry: 1,062 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 867 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 28 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced today in a statement that 1,062 new confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 415,281, including 9,892 active cases.
- Three domestic COVID-19 cases reported in Taiwan CNA 28 Apr 2021 -- Taiwan on Wednesday reported three new domestic COVID-19 cases, including two linked to Taiwanese carrier China Airlines (CAL), according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Algeria Records 236 New COVID-19 Infections SPA 28 Apr 2021 -- Algeria recorded, in the past 24 hours, 236 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the confirmed cases to 121,580.
- Algeria Records 230 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 28 Apr 2021 -- Algeria recorded, in the past 24 hours, 230 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the confirmed cases to 121,344.
- Australia to receive Novavax COVID vaccine in Q3: Health boss People's Daily 28 Apr 2021 -- Australia will receive Novavax's coronavirus vaccine in the third quarter, the head of the Department of Health has revealed.
- Tunisia Records 1,729 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 28 Apr 2021 -- Tunisia recorded 1,729 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), in the past 24 hours, bringing the tally to 305,313.
- Lebanon to Impose New Coronavirus Lockdown From Saturday SPA 28 Apr 2021 -- The Lebanese authorities will impose a nationwide lockdown from next Saturday, May 01 until May 04.
- Jordan Eases Some of Restrictions to Confront COVID-19 SPA 28 Apr 2021 -- The Jordanian government eased some of the restrictions and measures it imposed to limit the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), as it canceled the full lockdown on Friday, and decided to allow the performance of evening prayers and Tarawih prayers in mosques, and open public parks.
- Morocco Records 493 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 28 Apr 2021 -- Morocco recorded 493 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), in the past 24 hours, bringing the tally to 510,465.
- Iraq Records 6,858 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 28 Apr 2021 -- Iraq recorded 6,858 new cases of the novel Coronavirus in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 1,051,868.
- Delivering equitable vaccine access and a sustainable solution to conflict in Syria UK FCDO 28 Apr 2021 -- Statement by Sonia Farrey, UK Political Coordinator at the UN, at the Security Council briefing on Syria
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|