27 April 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- US Homeland Security calls domestic extremism 'most lethal threat', to investigate its own ranks Press TV 27 Apr 2021 -- The US Department of Homeland Security says it will launch investigation into the threat of domestic violent extremism within its own ranks, calling extremist ideology the most lethal terrorism-related threat to the United States.
- DHS Announces Operation to Target Criminal Smuggling Organizations DHS 27 Apr 2021 -- Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro N. Mayorkas today announced a new counter-network targeting operation focused on transnational criminal organizations affiliated with the smuggling of migrants.
- Ukrainian Security Service Says It Prevented Cyberattack Ordered By Moscow RFE/RL 27 Apr 2021 -- Ukraine's SBU security service says it has arrested a local resident suspected of planning a Russian-ordered cyberattack on Ukrainian state institutions.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 27 April 2021
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 27 Apr 2021
- Remarks by President Biden on the COVID-19 Response The White House 27 Apr 2021
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken at the Virtual U.S.-Nigeria Health Partnership Event US Dept. of State 27 Apr 2021
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 27 Apr 2021
- Masks Off Outdoors Approved for Millions of Vaccinated Americans VOA 27 Apr 2021 -- Millions of vaccinated Americans on Tuesday were freed from government recommendations on outdoor mask-wearing.
- Millions of Americans are missing second dose of COVID-19 vaccine: U.S. media People's Daily 27 Apr 2021 -- More than 5 million Americans, or nearly 8 percent of those who received a first jab of their COVID-19 vaccine, have missed their scheduled second dose, U.S. media reported.
- U.S. "vaccine apartheid" denounced amid inequitable access to COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 27 Apr 2021 -- As the United States is hoarding COVID-19 vaccines, many developing countries are still struggling to get access to doses, with exacerbating inequality of vaccine access, according to U.S. media.
- Johnson &Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine shots resume in U.S. while trust drops People's Daily 27 Apr 2021 -- U.S. states have resumed administering the one-shot Johnson &Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine after federal agencies lifted a pause, but public trust in the vaccine has been hindered.
- U.S. Records 38,201 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 27 Apr 2021 -- The United States of America recorded 38,201 new confirmed COVID-19 cases and 492 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- China deepens anti-COVID19 cooperation with S. Asian nations amid surging cases in India Global Times 27 Apr 2021 -- Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi met virtually with his counterparts from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh on Tuesday to discuss efforts on COVID-19 fight and post-pandemic economic recovery, on which vaccine cooperation and supply chain stability became major concerns. China also extended the invitation to India to attend the online meeting. Despite the absence of New Delhi in the meeting, Beijing is still committed to helping it fight the pandemic.
- One-dose CanSinoBIO vaccine to reach 300m shots annually: company Global Times 27 Apr 2021 -- CanSino Biologics (CanSinoBIO) is expected to increase the annual production capacity of its recombinant adenovirus vector COVID-19 vaccine - the only single-dose vaccine approved in China - to 200 to 300 million doses after its third plant comes into full operation, the Global Times learned during a Sunday visit to the plant in North China's Tianjin.
- China's Sinopharm sends 50 million vaccine doses overseas Global Times 27 Apr 2021 -- China's Sinopharm has sent 50 million vaccine doses for COVID-19 overseas so far and analysts predicted that China will become the country that sends the most vaccine doses to other countries, with many of them being distributed to developing nations.
- China willing to help India fight COVID-19 through multiple channels: FM Global Times 27 Apr 2021 -- China has reiterated its willingness to provide necessary support and assistance to India, and is now working on allocating medical supplies from Chinese enterprises to meet the surging demand in India, including oxygen concentrators, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin said on Tuesday.
- Over 229 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 27 Apr 2021 -- A total of 229.49 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Monday, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- UK Records 2,685 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 27 Apr 2021 -- The United Kingdom recorded today 2,685 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), along with 17 deaths.
- Germany Reports 10,976 new COVID-19 cases SPA 27 Apr 2021 -- Germany reported 10,976 new cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19), and 344 deaths during the past 24 hours.
- Belgium Reports 1670 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 27 Apr 2021 -- Belgium reported 1670 new Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and 41 deaths during the past 24 hours.
- Russian Vaccine Sputnik V to Be Effective Against Indian Mutation of COVID-19, Developer Says Sputnik 27 Apr 2021 -- Russian vaccine Sputnik V will also be effective against the Indian mutation of the coronavirus, Alexander Gintsburg, director of the Gamaleya Research Centre for Epidemiology and Microbiology of the Russian Health Ministry, told Sputnik.
- India Receives First Shipment of Critical Medical Supplies as COVID Infection Rates Continue to Soar VOA 27 Apr 2021 -- The first shipment of critical medical supplies arrived in India Tuesday as the country continues to struggle with a catastrophic second wave of COVID-19 infections, a situation described as "beyond heartbreaking" by the head of the World Health Organization.
- Indian Capital's Grim Battle with 2nd Virus Wave Wreaks Havoc Across City VOA 27 Apr 2021 -- Despair and anguish have gripped India as the desperate search for oxygen, hospital beds and medicine continues unabated, with the country's health-care system buckling under the deadly second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Govt. of India has so far provided more than 15 crore vaccine to States/UTs Free of Cost India PIB 27 Apr 2021 -- Vaccination is a crucial pillar of the five point strategy of Government of India to fight the pandemic, which includes Test, Track, Treat and COVID Appropriate Behaviour (CAB) as the other complementing and equally important containment and management measures
- COVID19 Vaccination-Day 102 India PIB 27 Apr 2021 -- The total vaccination across the country has crossed more than 14.77 cr mark
- To address shortage of oxygen tankers in the country, the Union Government imports 20 cryogenic tankers of 10 MT and 20 MT capacity and allocates them to States India PIB 27 Apr 2021 -- To address shortage of oxygen tankers in the country, the Union Government has imported 20 cryogenic tankers of 10 MT and 20 MT capacity and allocated them to States
- To address shortage of oxygen tankers in the country, the Union Government imports 20 cryogenic tankers of 10 MT and 20 MT capacity and allocates them to States India PIB 27 Apr 2021 -- The Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr
- Prime Minister chairs a high-level meeting to review the Covid-19 related situation in the country India PIB 27 Apr 2021 -- PM Narendra Modi chaired a meeting with top officials to review the Covid-19 relation situation in the country
- Delhi receives its FIRST Oxygen Express India PIB 27 Apr 2021 -- Indian Railways is continuing its journey of delivering liquid medical oxygen to various parts of the country
- 169 Covid Care Coaches in use in different parts of India now India PIB 27 Apr 2021 -- In the united fight against the Covid, the Ministry of Railways has made nearly 4000 Covid Care coaches with almost 64000 beds ready for for use by States.
At present 169 coaches have been handed over to various states for Covid care.
New demand for Covid coaches has come from Nagpur District
- India's surging COVID-19 infections unlikely to impact China, but vigilance can't be relaxed ahead of May Day holidays: epidemiologists Global Times 27 Apr 2021 -- The spiraling COVID-19 epidemic situation in India has touched the hearts of the Chinese public in the past few days, while some netizens are also worried that the massive epidemic in India will have an impact on China.
- Countries offer COVID-19 support to India as hospitals swamped People's Daily 27 Apr 2021 -- As India battles a devastating second wave of coronavirus, many countries including China have extended their hands to help the country whose hospitals are running out of oxygen supplies.
- EU countries to help India tackle alarming COVID-19 crisis People's Daily 27 Apr 2021 -- A number of European Union (EU) member states will offer their assistance to India to help the populous Asian country tackle the unexpected pandemic resurgence, the European Commission said on Monday.
- Biden, Modi have phone conversation on tackling COVID-19 People's Daily 27 Apr 2021 -- U.S. President Joe Biden on Monday promised to support India hit hard by COVID-19 in a phone call with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the White House said.
- US relents, offers help to India in fighting new COVID-19 wave Press TV 27 Apr 2021 -- US President Joe Biden has pledged to work closely with India as the country faces a massive surge in COVID-19 infections, with hospitals facing an oxygen crunch and crematoriums running full.
- India Posts 323,144 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 27 Apr 2021 -- India's daily rise in coronavirus cases retreated from record levels on Tuesday, but stayed above the 300,000 mark for a sixth straight day, Reuters reported.
- Pakistani PM calls for cooperation to combat COVID-19 crisis People's Daily 27 Apr 2021 -- Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan said on Monday that the right mix of national actions, regional collaboration and multilateral cooperation is needed to steer out of an unprecedented global crisis unleashed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 claims 462 lives in Iran over past 24 hours: Official IRNA 27 Apr 2021 -- Some 462 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 70,532, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari announced on Tuesday.
- Iran reports three cases of South African virus variant IRNA 27 Apr 2021 -- Iran's Health Minister Saeed Namaki said on Tuesday that three cases of infection by South African variant of COVID-19 have been detected on southern Iran.
- Over 213,000 passengers tested for COVID-19 at Iranian borders IRNA 27 Apr 2021 -- Some 213,250 passengers have undergone PCR tests for coronavirus at the country's official borders, Head of Iran's Red Crescent Society's Rescue and Relief Organization Mehdi Valipour said on Tuesday.
- Official: Iran does not accept passengers from India, Pakistan IRNA 27 Apr 2021 -- The spokesman of Civil Aviation Organization of Iran rejected selling tickets for India and Pakistan, saying no passengers will be accepted from the countries as per the anti-COVID-19 national task force approval.
- Iran closes land borders with Pakistan amid COVID surge Press TV 27 Apr 2021 -- Iran is closing its land borders with Pakistan to passenger travel as amid growing fears that a highly infectious variant of the coronavirus (COVID-19) found in India could hit the country hard amid a renewed surge in infection cases.
- Iran Hits Record COVID-19 Deaths As Officials Warn Of Worse To Come RFE/RL 27 Apr 2021 -- Iranian health officials are warning the number of COVID-19 fatalities is expected to climb in the coming weeks as the country recorded its highest single-day death toll from the pandemic.
- S.Korean president calls for int'l solidarity to overcome COVID-19 pandemic People's Daily 27 Apr 2021 -- South Korean President Moon Jae-in on Monday called for international solidarity and cooperation to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic amid sharp rise in the number of cases in some of the countries to "save their own skin."
- Health Ministry: 1,045 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 983 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 27 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced today in a statement that 1,045 new confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 414,219, including 9,710 active cases.
- Taiwan reports one domestic, five imported COVID-19 cases CNA 27 Apr 2021 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported its second domestic COVID-19 case in a week and the latest case associated with Taiwan's China Airlines (CAL), as well as five imported cases, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Second domestic COVID-19 case reported in Taiwan in a week CNA 27 Apr 2021 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported its second domestic COVID-19 case in a week and the latest case associated with Taiwan's China Airlines (CAL), according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- 10,000 more doses allocated to self-paid COVID-19 vaccine program CNA 27 Apr 2021 -- A total of 10,000 more COVID-19 vaccine doses will be reserved for people in Taiwan to receive the vaccine under the self-paid program, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Tuesday.
- CECC finds indication of past COVID-19 infections at China Airlines CNA 27 Apr 2021 -- Three pilots at Taiwan's China Airlines (CAL) who have no record of being infected with COVID-19 have tested positive for the virus' antibodies, though it is unclear if the cases are linked to a recent spate of infections at the company.
- WHO official urges unity in Cambodia against COVID-19 as new cases continue to rise People's Daily 27 Apr 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) in Cambodia said Monday that hope is not lost for Cambodia in the fight against COVID-19 although the figures globally, including Cambodia, paint a grim picture.
- Brazil Rejects Russia's Sputnik V COVID-19 Vaccine, Citing 'Inherent Risks' RFE/RL 27 Apr 2021 -- The Brazilian federal health regulator has rejected importing Russia's Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine after technical staff pointed to "inherent risks" and said there was a lack of information guaranteeing its safety, quality, and effectiveness.
- Tunisia Records 1,957 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 27 Apr 2021 -- Tunisia recorded 1,182 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and 92 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- Lebanon Records 1,182 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 27 Apr 2021 -- Lebanon recorded 1,182 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and 52 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- Iraq Records 7,152 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 27 Apr 2021 -- Iraq recorded 7,152 new cases of the novel Coronavirus in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 1,045,010.
- Jordan Records 1815 New Covid-19 Cases SPA 27 Apr 2021 -- The Jordanian Ministry of Health announced the registration of 1,815 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), in the past twenty-four hours, bringing the total number of infections to 706,355.
- Morocco Records 507 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 27 Apr 2021 -- Morocco recorded 507 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), in the past 24 hours, bringing the tally to 509,972.
- Kuwait Reports 1,286 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 27 Apr 2021 -- Kuwait reported 1,286 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) and 11 deaths, in the past 24 hours.
- Botswana Could Be First African Country to Vaccinate Entire Adult Population VOA 27 Apr 2021 -- Botswana's health authorities say they have arranged to receive nearly 2 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, enough to cover the entire adult population. If every adult takes the vaccine, Botswana could become the first country in Africa to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus.
- Peru Begins Requiring Double Masks VOA 27 Apr 2021 -- Peru is now mandating that people wear two face masks in places where crowding is possible like commercial buildings.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|