25 April 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Paris-Area Knife Assailant Viewed Jihadist Videos Prior to Attack, Officials Say VOA 25 Apr 2021 -- A fifth person is being held for questioning in the stabbing death late last week of a police employee outside Paris, France's anti-terrorism prosecutor said Sunday. He noted the assailant, a Tunisian national, viewed videos glorifying jihad, or Muslim holy war, and may have visited to a Muslim prayer hall before the attack.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- US Reports New 52,653 Coronavirus Cases, 630 Deaths SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- The United States reported new 52,653 confirmed cases of Coronavirus infections and 630 deaths, in the last 24 hours.
- NYS COVID-19 hospitalizations down to 3,294, positivity rate 1.79 pct: governor People's Daily 25 Apr 2021 -- The COVID-19 hospitalizations in New York State dropped to 3,294 on Friday, compared with 3,387 one day earlier, the lowest since Nov. 27, tweeted Governor Andrew Cuomo on Saturday.
- U.S. Oregon reports almost 2,500 COVID-19 related deaths People's Daily 25 Apr 2021 -- Eight new COVID-19 related deaths were reported Saturday in U.S. western state of Oregon, raising the state's death toll to 2,484, according to the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).
- China sends COVID-19 vaccine to Syria People's Daily 25 Apr 2021 -- Syria on Saturday received a batch of Chinese-manufactured COVID-19 vaccines offered by the Chinese government.
- COVID-19 vaccination key to economic recovery: HKSAR gov't officials People's Daily 25 Apr 2021 -- Senior officials of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government on Sunday urged the public to get vaccinated against COVID-19 in a bid to save the economy from a prolonged recession.
- Chinese mainland reports 13 new COVID-19 cases, all imported People's Daily 25 Apr 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 13 new COVID-19 cases, all of which were imported, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Sunday.
- China's Yunnan reports 1 imported asymptomatic COVID-19 case People's Daily 25 Apr 2021 -- China's border province of Yunnan reported one imported asymptomatic COVID-19 case on Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
- Yunnan's Ruili downgrades COVID-19 risk level in seven areas People's Daily 25 Apr 2021 -- Ruili, a border city in southwest China's Yunnan Province, has brought down the number of areas classified as high or medium-risk for COVID-19 transmission on Saturday.
- China Reports 13 New COVID-19 Cases VS Nine A Day Earlier SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- China reported 13 new COVID-19 cases on April 24, up from nine cases a day earlier, Reuters cited the country's national health authority as saying on Sunday.
- Hungary receives new batch of Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 25 Apr 2021 -- The fourth batch of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines that Hungary had purchased arrived here on Saturday and were welcomed by the Hungarian minister of foreign affairs and trade at the airport.
- Over 12 mln people fully vaccinated in UK: official figures People's Daily 25 Apr 2021 -- More than 12 million people in Britain are fully vaccinated by Saturday, the official figures said.
- UK records another 2,061 coronavirus cases, 32 deaths People's Daily 25 Apr 2021 -- Another 2,061 people in Britain have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of coronavirus cases in the country to 4,403,170, according to official figures released Saturday.
- UK Records 1,712 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- The United Kingdom recorded today 1,712 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), along with 11 deaths.
- Italy Reports 13,158 New COVID-19 Cases, 217 deaths SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- Italy reported 13,158 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), 217 deaths during the past 24 hours.
- Russia Reports 8,780 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- Russia reported 8,780 new coronavirus cases on Sunday, including 2,526 in Moscow, taking the national tally to 4,762,569 since the start of the pandemic, according to Reuters.
- Statement by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on Supporting our Indian Partners DoD 25 Apr 2021
- Statement by NSC Spokesperson Emily Horne on National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan's Call with National Security Advisor Ajit Doval of India The White House 25 Apr 2021
- Modi: India Shaken by Surge in COVID Cases, Urges Vaccinations VOA 25 Apr 2021 -- COVID-19 has shaken India, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in his monthly radio address Sunday, as he urged citizens to get their shots and not be swayed by what he called "any rumor about the vaccine."
- India achieves a landmark in Cumulative Vaccination Coverage; More than 14 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine doses administered India PIB 25 Apr 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed the landmark of 14 Cr today as part of the world's largest vaccination drive.
Cumulatively, 14,09,16,417 vaccine doses have been administered through 20,19,263 sessions, as per the provisional report till 7 am today
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan addresses concerns raised regarding Phase 3 of COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy India PIB 25 Apr 2021 -- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, today addressed concerns raised by some quarters on the recently announced 'Liberalized and Accelerated Phase 3 Strategy of Covid-19 Vaccination'
- Union Government advises States/UTs on Intense Action and Local Containment Measures in COVID-19 affected districts for Effective Management of COVID surge India PIB 25 Apr 2021 -- The Government of India has been issuing guidelines and advisories from time to time to the States to assist their efforts in containing the ongoing COVID Pandemic
- "Covid only a mild infection for most, hoarding oxygen and medicines creating a panic", Dr Guleria says while addressing concerns and issues related to COVID19 India PIB 25 Apr 2021 -- Doctor Randeep Guleria, Director of All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Dr
- 551 PSA Oxygen Generation Plants to be set up in public health facilities across the country through PM CARES India PIB 25 Apr 2021 -- In line with Prime Minister's direction of boosting availability of oxygen to hospitals, the PM CARES Fund has given in-principle approval for allocation of funds for installation of 551 dedicated Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) Medical Oxygen Generation Plants inside public health facilities in the country
- Indian Navy deploys Oxygen Express to Island Territories India PIB 25 Apr 2021 -- As part of the nation's fight against COVID 19, Indian Navy ships under Headquarters, Southern Naval Command at Kochi are progressing with the mission of OXYGEN EXPRESS in order to render support to the local administration of the Union Territory of Lakshadweep (UTL)
- Indian Railways to deliver more than 140 MT liquid oxygen in next 24 hrs India PIB 25 Apr 2021 -- On a mission mode, Indian Railways is going to deliver more than 140 MT liquid oxygen in next 24 hrs
- To assist the States, Railway deploys Covid care coaches in UP, MP, Maharashtra and Delhi India PIB 25 Apr 2021 -- As the country is battling the scourge of the current second wave of Covid, the Ministry of Railways is deploying a no-holds barred approach by re-mobilising its initiative of Covid Care Isolation Coaches, already devised during the initial wave of Covid 19 with add-on conveniences
- India's COVID-19 tally nearing 17 mln People's Daily 25 Apr 2021 -- India's COVID-19 tally reached 16,960,172 on Sunday with as many as 349,691 new cases recorded in the past 24 hours.
- Indian gov't exempts customs duty on import of COVID-19 vaccines, oxygen People's Daily 25 Apr 2021 -- The Indian government on Saturday decided to exempt basic customs duty on imports of COVID-19 vaccines, medical grade oxygen for a period of three months, said a senior official.
- India's daily coronavirus cases climb to new world record SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- India's coronavirus infections rose by 346,786 overnight, the health ministry said on Saturday, setting a new world record for the third consecutive day, Reuters reported.
- UK sends life-saving medical equipment to India UK FCDO 25 Apr 2021 -- UK announces more than 600 pieces of vital medical equipment will be sent to India to support the country in its fight against Covid-19.
- Pakistan Offers India Key Medical Supplies VOA 25 Apr 2021 -- Pakistan has offered to provide essential medical supplies to rival India, which is in the grip of a devastating nationwide coronavirus surge and struggling to meet critical hospital needs, including medical oxygen.
- COVID-19 kills 454 more people in Iran IRNA 25 Apr 2021 -- Some 454 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 69,574, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Iranian vaccine effective against UK variant, says scientist IRNA 25 Apr 2021 -- Minoo Mohraz, celebrated scientist in Iran's Coronavirus Task Force, said on Sunday that studies suggested Iran's COV-Iran Barekat coronavirus vaccine worked against UK variant as well.
- Iran offers to help COVID-19 disaster in India IRNA 25 Apr 2021 -- Iranian Health Minister Saeed Namaki said in a letter on Sunday to his Indian counterpart Harsh Vardhan that Iran is ready to supply India with any kind of assistance required to rein in the new wave of COVID-19.
- Iran will share know-how with neighboring states in phase 3 of COVIran Barakat vaccine trial IRNA 25 Apr 2021 -- Iran will share know-how with the neighboring states in phase 3 of the clinical trial for the first Iranian coronavirus vaccine, COVIran Barakat, an official says.
- Iran begins coronavirus vaccine mass production IRNA 25 Apr 2021 -- Head of Iran's Executive Office of Imam Khomeini's Order said on Sunday that Barekat Foundation has started mass production of its COV-Iran Barekat vaccine and would produce 12 million doses in three months.
- Iran begins Phase 3 of human trial of Barekat COVID-19 vaccine IRNA 25 Apr 2021 -- Phase three of human trial of Barekat vaccine â€“ COV-Iran Barekat â€“ began in a ceremony on Sunday.
- Iranian-made COVIran up to 70% effective against coronavirus Press TV 25 Apr 2021 -- The Iranian-made vaccine, COVIran, kick-started the third human trial phase, after proving safe and effective against the virus in previous trials.
- Iran launches 3rd stage in human trial of COVIran vaccine Press TV 25 Apr 2021 -- Iran has launched the third stage in the clinical trial of a vaccine produced by experts at the Headquarters for Executing the Order of Imam Khomeini (EOIK) against the COVID-19 disease.
- Iran sympathizes with India as it grapples with dangerous COVID variant Press TV 25 Apr 2021 -- Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif expresses Iran's solidarity with India as the subcontinent wrestles with an especially dangerous mutant version of the already heavily deadly COVID-19 virus.
- Indian virus not seen in Iran IRNA 25 Apr 2021 -- Senior Iranian health official said on Sunday that no sign of Indian virus has been detected in Iran.
- Iran flights to India, Pakistan suspended till further notice IRNA 25 Apr 2021 -- Iranian and foreign airlines flights to India and Pakistan were suspended till further notice due to the widespread Corona disease pandemic in those countries, according to the Secretary of Headquarters for Campaign against Corona Disease Babak Dinparast, after the interior minister and head of that headquarters issued the related order.
- South Korea Records 644 New Covid-19 Infections SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- South Korea recorded 644 confirmed cases of Coronavirus (Covid 19) in the past 24 hours, along with one death.
- S. Korea Secures Additional Pfizer Vaccines for 20 Mln People SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- South Korea said Saturday it has signed a deal with U.S. pharmaceutical giant Pfizer Inc. to import additional Pfizer vaccine doses for 20 million people, Yonhap reported.
- Health Ministry: 953 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 1,028 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced today in a statement that 1,055 new confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 412,216, including 9,759 active cases.
- Two more China Airlines cargo pilots test positive for COVID-19 CNA 25 Apr 2021 -- Taiwan reported three new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, including two pilots at China Airlines (CAL) whose source of infection remains unclear, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Tunisia Records 1770 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- Tunisia recorded, in the past twenty-four hours, 1770 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and 73 new deaths as well.
- Tunisia Reports 61 New Coronavirus' Deaths SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- Tunisia reported as many as 61 new Coronavirus deaths and 2,649 new infections in the last 24 hours.
- Kuwait Reports 1545 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- Kuwait reported 1,545 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), in the past twenty-four hours, bringing the total number of infections to 266,949.
- Algeria Records 186 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- Algeria recorded, in the past twenty-four hours, 186 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total number of cases to 120,922.
- Morocco Records 326 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- Morocco recorded 326 new cases of novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), during the past 24 hours, bringing the tally to 509,363.
- Lebanon Reports 1,324 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- Lebanon reported 1,324 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 520,939.
- UAE Announces 1,813 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced that it conducted 205,321 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment, according to WAM News Agency.
- Egypt Records 39 Deaths and 912 New Coronavirus Infections SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- Egypt recorded 912 new cases of Covid 19 in the past 24 hours, along with 39 deaths.
- Brazil Records More Than 71,000 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- Brazil recorded 71,137 new cases of coronavirus, along with 3,076 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- Oman: 1508 New Cases Catch Covid-19 SPA 25 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced that as many as 1508 new cases of coronavirus (Covid-19) were registered in the Sultanate of Oman in last 24 hours, in addition to 16 new Covid-19-related death cases, Oman News Agency (ONA) reported.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|