19 April 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Statement by Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Technology Anne Neuberger on SolarWinds and Microsoft Exchange Incidents The White House 19 Apr 2021
- NY, NJ Homeland Response Force resumes training Army News 19 Apr 2021 -- After a year and a half hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, more than 200 National Guard Soldiers and Airmen from New York and New Jersey trained together to respond to Chemical, Biological, Radiological or Nuclear incidents April 16-17.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly operational update on COVID-19 - 19 April 2021
- Coronavirus cases, deaths surge worldwide Press TV 19 Apr 2021 -- The number of coronavirus cases across the globe has reached 142,059,494 with 3,034,222 deaths, while the United States still leads in this regard despite its pushing for nation-wide vaccinations.
- White House COVID Team Pushes Vaccinations as All US Adults Now Eligible VOA 19 Apr 2021 -- On the day U.S. President Joe Biden set as the deadline for all adults in the United States to be eligible for COVID-19 vaccination, the White House COVID-19 Response team touted the safety, efficacy and ease of getting vaccinated.
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 19 Apr 2021
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Updates New Yorkers on State's Progress During COVID-19 Pandemic New York State 19 Apr 2021
- HKSAR gov't to ban commercial passenger flights from India, Pakistan, Philippines for 14 days People's Daily 19 Apr 2021 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government announced on Sunday evening that it will implement the place-specific flight suspension mechanism to India, Pakistan, and the Philippines, banning all incoming commercial passenger flights from them from landing in Hong Kong for 14 days from April 20.
- Chinese mainland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, all imported People's Daily 19 Apr 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 11 new COVID-19 cases, all of which were imported, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Monday.
- Over 192 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 19 Apr 2021 -- Nearly 192.13 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Sunday, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Beijing Pushing for Vaccine Passport for Those Inoculated with Chinese Vaccines VOA 19 Apr 2021 -- After exporting COVID-19 vaccines to almost 70 countries, China is gearing up to push for its own vaccine passport to ease entry to foreigners and foreign residents of China inoculated with China-made vaccines.
- Belgium reports 2,996 new COVID-19 cases, 29 deaths SPA 19 Apr 2021 -- Belgium reported 2,996 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and 29 new deaths during the past 24 hours.
- Russia reports 8,589 New Coronavirus Cases, 346 deaths SPA 19 Apr 2021 -- Russia reported 8,589 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours on Monday, including 2,279 in the capital Moscow, taking the national tally to 4,710,690.
- RDIF: Sputnik V's Efficacy at 97.6% Based on Data Analysis of 3.8 Mln Vaccinated Russians Sputnik 19 Apr 2021 -- The efficacy of the Russian coronavirus vaccine Sputnik V reached 97.6 percent, based on the analysis of data pertaining to post-vaccination infection percentage among vaccinated Russians, the Gamaleya National Research Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology and the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) announced on Monday.
- India Registers Record 273,810 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 19 Apr 2021 -- India has registered 273,810 new COVID-19 cases within the past 24 hours, making it the largest daily increase to date, the health ministry said on Monday, according Sputnik News Agency.
- India Reports Record 273,810 Daily COVID Cases VOA 19 Apr 2021 -- India's health ministry Monday announced a record 273,810 new COVID cases in the previous 24-hour period while officials in the capital, New Delhi, announced a weeklong lockdown.
- India's Capital Shuts Down as Pandemic Chokes Health Care System VOA 19 Apr 2021 -- India's capital, New Delhi, has announced a six-day lockdown as the city's health system became overwhelmed after a record spike in cases of COVID-19.
- 'Matter of Pride': India Hails Its COVID Vaccine Rollout Amid Widespread Crunch, Record Case Surge Sputnik 19 Apr 2021 -- Several Indian state governments, including those of Punjab, Chhattisgarh, and Maharashtra, have warned the federal health authorities of depleting vaccine stocks, as the nation grapples with a second COVID wave. Opposition parties say Prime Minister Narendra Modi's insistence on exporting vaccines to other countries has led to the shortfall.
- More States in India Demand Indian Railways to Run 'Oxygen Express' as COVID-19 Cases Soar Sputnik 19 Apr 2021 -- In the state of Madhya Pradesh, six COVID-19 patients died in the intensive care unit (ICU) of Shahdol Medical College on Sunday allegedly due to a shortage of oxygen, the Indian Express reported. Hospital authorities refuted the claims, saying jumbo oxygen cylinders were pushed into service when the hospital's oxygen tank supply dried up.
- Prime Minister reviews Public Health Response to COVID-19 with the Nation's Leading Doctors India PIB 19 Apr 2021 -- Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacted with doctors across the country via video conferencing on the COVID-19 issue and vaccination progress. Prime Minister Modi appreciated the doctors, medical and para-medical staff for their invaluable service towards the country during the coronavirus pandemic.
- India's Cumulative Vaccination Coverage exceeds12.38 Crores India PIB 19 Apr 2021 -- The cumulativenumber of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country hascrossed12.38 Cr today as part of the world's largest vaccination drive.
- COVID19 Vaccination-Day 94 India PIB 19 Apr 2021 -- The total vaccinations across the country has crossed more than 12.69 crore mark today with more than 31.03 lakh vaccine doses administered till 8 pm.
- Government of India announces a Liberalised and Accelerated Phase 3 Strategy of Covid-19 Vaccination from 1st May India PIB 19 Apr 2021 -- In a meeting chaired by PM Narendra Modi, an important decision of allowing vaccination to everyone above the age of 18 from 1st May has been taken. PM said that the Government has been working hard from over a year to ensure that maximum numbers of Indians are able to get the vaccine in the shortest possible of time. He added that India is vaccinating people at world record pace& we will continue this with even greater momentum.
- First Oxygen Express rakes leave from Mumbai region to Vizag to take Oxygen India PIB 19 Apr 2021 -- Indian Railways have geared up to run Oxygen Express in response to its fight against Covid-19.
- COVID-19 kills 398 more people in Iran IRNA 19 Apr 2021 -- Some 398 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 67,130, Iran's Health Ministry said on Monday.
- South Korea Confirms 70 More Cases of COVID-19 Variants SPA 19 Apr 2021 -- South Korea has confirmed 70 more cases of contagious variants of the new coronavirus, bringing the total to 449, according to health authorities Monday, amid concerns that the country's virus battle may be exacerbated by the more transmissible viruses, Yonhap News Agency reported.
- Health Ministry: 970 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 896 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 19 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced today in a statement that 970 new confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 405,940, including 9,508 active cases.
- Taiwan confirms three new imported COVID-19 cases CNA 19 Apr 2021 -- Taiwan on Monday confirmed three new imported cases of COVID-19, bringing the number of cases in the country to 1,076, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- COVID-19 vaccination program in Laos makes good progress People's Daily 19 Apr 2021 -- The COVID-19 vaccination program in Laos is underway and the majority of people in target areas have had their first dose of the vaccine.
- Africa's COVID-19 cases surpass 4.42 mln: Africa CDC People's Daily 19 Apr 2021 -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Africa has reached 4,421,627 as of Sunday, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) said.
- Fiji locks down greater Nadi, Lautoka area following woman tests positive for COVID-19 People's Daily 19 Apr 2021 -- The South Pacific island nation of Fiji on Monday morning locked down its greater Nadi and Lautoka area after a 53-year-old woman, who is a first generation contact of the soldier who tested positive for COVID-19, registered a positive COVID-19 test result, according to a statement from Fiji's Health Ministry.
- Algerian Ministry of Health Reported 163 New Covid-19 Infections SPA 19 Apr 2021 -- The Algerian Ministry of Health reported here today 163 new Coronavirus infections and 5 deaths, in the last 24-hour, with 117 recoveries.
- Morocco Reports 138 New Covid-19 Cases SPA 19 Apr 2021 -- Morocco reported 138 new cases of novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), in the last 24 hours, raising the tally to 505,949.
- UAE Announces 1,803 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 19 Apr 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced that it conducted 141,862 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment, according to WAM News Agency.
- Oman Reports 1399 New COVID -19 Cases SPA 19 Apr 2021 -- Oman reported 1399 cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), 12 deaths, and 1,346 recovered cases, during the past 3 days.
- Tunisia records 1,514 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 19 Apr 2021 -- During the past 24 hours, Tunisia has recorded 1,514 new cases of the novel coronavirus, and 66 deaths, it was reported today.
- South Africa Setting Up $18 Million 'No-Fault' Fund for COVID-19 Jab Victims Sputnik 19 Apr 2021 -- South African drug regulator SAHPRA reversed its decision to halt use of the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine â€” the only jab in use in the country â€” over the weekend, despite reports of multiple blood clotting reactions in those inoculated with it.
- Malawi President Fires Cabinet Minister Over COVID Funds VOA 19 Apr 2021 -- Malawi's President Lazarus Chakwera has fired his labor minister and arrested 19 officials for fraudulent use of funds meant to fight the coronavirus. The arrests came after an audit revealed Malawi officials used millions of dollars in funds for their own expenses. Political analysts say the firing was less punishment than a means to deter other fraud.
- Long-Anticipated 'Travel-Bubble' Opens Between Australia and New Zealand VOA 19 Apr 2021 -- Monday marked the opening of a "travel bubble" between Australia and New Zealand that allows Australians to visit New Zealand without entering a mandatory coronavirus quarantine period.
- South Sudan Stops Using Doses of AstraZeneca Vaccine Over Expiration Fears VOA 19 Apr 2021 -- South Sudan health officials have stopped administering 60,000 doses of the COVID-19 AstraZeneca vaccine that are past the expiration date but still have a shelf life of at least six months, according to the drugmaker and the World Health Organization.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|