18 April 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- World should advance vaccination amid pandemic: report People's Daily 18 Apr 2021 -- The world should prioritize vaccination and the establishment of mutual health data recognition arrangements, according to a report released by the Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) Sunday.
- Global COVID-19 death toll passes grim 3 million mark Press TV 18 Apr 2021 -- The worldwide COVID-19 death toll has surpassed 3 million as countries compete with one another over vaccines for immunization.
- Global COVID-19 deaths surpass 3 mln: Johns Hopkins University People's Daily 18 Apr 2021 -- Global COVID-19 deaths surpassed 3 million on Saturday, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.
- China Reports 16 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 18 Apr 2021 -- China reported 16 new coronavirus (COVID-19) cases during the past 24 hours.
- Belgium Reports 3,787 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 18 Apr 2021 -- Belgium reported 3,787 new Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and 37 deaths during the past 24 hours.
- Russia Reports 8,632 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 18 Apr 2021 -- Russia reported 8,632 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours on Sunday, including 2,252 in the capital Moscow, taking the national tally to 4,702,101, according to Reuters.
- Prime Minister interacts with regional public representatives and officials on Covid-19 in Varanasi India PIB 18 Apr 2021 -- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today reviewed the status of Covid-19 in Varanasi district through video conferencing. During the meeting, the Prime Minister took stock of testing, availability of beds, medicines, vaccines and manpower etc. for prevention of Corona and proper treatment of Corona infected patients. He directed the officers to provide all possible assistance to the public expeditiously.
- India's Cumulative Vaccination Coverage exceeds 12Crores with over 26 Lakh doses given in the last 24 hours India PIB 18 Apr 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 12 Cr today as part of the world's largest vaccination drive.
- Union Government takes Steps to boost supply of Oxygen to Hospitals India PIB 18 Apr 2021 -- The country has been facing an unprecedented surge in the new daily cases of COVID in various States and UTs across the country.
- Union Home Secretary writes to Chief Secretaries of States and Administrators of Union Territories to take necessary measures to prohibit supply of oxygen for Industrial Purposes in view of rising cases of Covid-19 India PIB 18 Apr 2021 -- The Union Home Secretary has written to Chief Secretaries of States and Administrators of Union Territories today,that they should issue necessary instructions to all authorities concerned in their States/Union Territories to take necessary measures to prohibit supply of oxygen for industrial purpose, except in nine industries as stated in the letter of the Union Health & Family Welfare Secretary dated 18.04.2021.
- Casual manner, double mutant variant aggravate COVID-19 situation in India People's Daily 18 Apr 2021 -- India is at present reeling under the second COVID-19 wave, with over 200,000 new cases being registered each day recently and the national tally feared to cross the 15-million mark early next week.
- India records over 260,000 daily COVID-19 cases, tally at 14,788,109 People's Daily 18 Apr 2021 -- A total of 261,500 new COVID-19 cases were reported in India in the past 24 hours, taking the total tally to 14,788,109, said the data released by the health ministry on Sunday.
- In India, COVID Resurgence Deals Second Blow to Migrant Workers VOA 18 Apr 2021 -- For a second time since the COVID-19 pandemic began, rural migrants in India are packing buses and trains to head back to their villages as cities such as Delhi and Mumbai reimpose restrictions to control an unprecedented surge in infections.
- COVID-19 kills 405 more people in Iran IRNA 18 Apr 2021 -- Some 405 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 66,732 Iran's Health Ministry said on Sunday.
- Health Ministry: 916 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 907 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 18 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced today in a statement that 916 new confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 404,970, including 9,445 active cases.
- Taiwan reports one new imported COVID-19 case CNA 18 Apr 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported one new imported case of COVID-19, bringing the number of cases in the country to 1,073, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Algeria Records 156 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 18 Apr 2021 -- Algeria recorded 156 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and 3 deaths, during the past 24 hours.
- UAE Announces 1,930 New COVID-19 Cases, 1,503 Recoveries, 4 Deaths in Last 24 Hours SPA 18 Apr 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced that it conducted 203,347 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment, according to WAM News Agency
- Morocco Records 364 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 18 Apr 2021 -- Morocco recorded, during the past 24 hours, 364 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 505,811.
- Morocco Reports 600 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 18 Apr 2021 -- Morocco reported in the last 24 hours as many as 600 new Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) infections, raising the toll of overall infections to 505,447.
- Kuwait Records 1388 New Cases of Coronavirus and 4 Deaths SPA 18 Apr 2021 -- The State of Kuwait recorded 1,388 confirmed cases of the new Coronavirus in the past 24 hours, along with four deaths and 1360 recoveries.
- Egypt Records 845 New Cases of Coronavirus SPA 18 Apr 2021 -- Egypt recorded 845 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the past 24 hours, along with 41 deaths.
- Mexico Records 4,157 New Cases of Corona and 535 Deaths SPA 18 Apr 2021 -- Mexico recorded 4,157 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the past 24 hours, along with 535 deaths.
- Brazil Reports 67,636 New Coronavirus Cases, 2,929 Deaths in 24 Hours SPA 18 Apr 2021 -- Brazil recorded 67,636 additional confirmed cases of coronavirus in the past 24 hours, along with 2,929 deaths from COVID-19, Reuters cited the country's Health Ministry as saying on Saturday.
- Israel Lifts Its Mask Mandate on Sunday VOA 18 Apr 2021 -- With nearly 60% of its population receiving the first COVID-19 vaccine, Israel is lifting its requirement Sunday to wear masks outdoors. The mask mandate remains in place, however, for enclosed spaces.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|