11 April 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID Fatigue Sets In as World Passes 135 Million Coronavirus Cases VOA 11 Apr 2021 -- With more than 135 million coronavirus cases and nearly 3 million deaths from the virus, according to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Research Center, signs of the virus' fortitude and lockdown fatigue abound.
- China's top health authority urges halt to compulsory vaccination, stresses voluntary, free inoculation Global Times 11 Apr 2021 -- China's top health authorities on Sunday urged local authorities to halt mandatory vaccination orders as some cities were reportedly found to adopt compulsory measures to meet the country's goal of vaccinating 560 million people by June.
- Exclusive: Chinese CDC director refutes interpretation of 'low protection rate of Chinese vaccines,' says it confuses scientific vision he proposes to improve efficacy Global Times 11 Apr 2021 -- The Director of the Chinese Center of Disease Control (China CDC) on Sunday refuted claims by some media outlets and overseas social media platform users that the director "admitted" Chinese COVID-19 vaccines have a low protection rate, saying that "it was a complete misunderstanding."
- China's top health authority says compulsory vaccination should be corrected Global Times 11 Apr 2021 -- As China accelerates its mass COVID-19 inoculation across the country to reach the domestic vaccination target of 560 million people by June, there have been individual cases of certain places adopting compulsory measures which are inappropriate, and the practice of mandatory vaccination for all needs to be corrected, the National Health Commission (NHC) said on Sunday.
- Hong Kong reports 5 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Apr 2021 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported five more confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, taking its total tally to 11,568.
- China's border city Ruili to start 3rd round of COVID-19 tests People's Daily 11 Apr 2021 -- The city of Ruili in southwest China's Yunnan Province is scheduled to start its third round of city-wide nucleic acid testing for COVID-19 on Sunday, the local government said.
- China approves new COVID-19 vaccine for clinical trials People's Daily 11 Apr 2021 -- A new COVID-19 vaccine developed by China's Sinopharm has recently been approved for clinical trials.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Apr 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- China's Yunnan reports no new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Apr 2021 -- Southwest China's Yunnan Province, where new locally-transmitted COVID-19 infections began to emerge in late March, reported no new confirmed or asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, the provincial health commission said on Sunday.
- China Reports 10 New COVID-19 Cases vs 14 A Day Earlier SPA 11 Apr 2021 -- China reported 10 new COVID-19 cases on April 10, down from 14 cases a day earlier, Reuters cited the country's national health authority as saying on Sunday.
- Blinken Faults China for Slow Response on Coronavirus VOA 11 Apr 2021 -- The U.S. secretary of state assailed China Sunday for its early, slow response to the threat of the coronavirus more than a year ago, saying it led to "more egregious results" throughout the world than "might otherwise" have been the case.
- India's states flag COVID-19 vaccine shortage People's Daily 11 Apr 2021 -- Chief Minister of the northern Indian state of Punjab Amarinder Singh Saturday said they have only five days of COVID-19 vaccine doses left with them.
- India's Cumulative Vaccination Coverage achieves a landmark of 10 crore with over 35 Lakh doses given in the last 24 hours India PIB 11 Apr 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 10 Cr today.
- COVID19 Vaccination-Day 86 India PIB 11 Apr 2021 -- India has been scaling multiple peaks in its effort to contain the COVID-19 virus. Day 1 of the countrywide Tika Utsav saw many Workplace Vacciantion Centres operational.
- Centre Prohibits Exports of Injection Remdesivir and Remdesivir Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) till the COVID situation in the country improves India PIB 11 Apr 2021 -- India is witnessing a recent surge in COVID cases. As on 11.04.2021, there are 11.08 lakh active COVID cases and they are steadily increasing. This has led to a sudden spike in demand for Injection Remdesivir used in treatment of COVID patients. There is a potential of further increase in this demand in the coming days.
- COVID-19 kills 258 more people in Iran IRNA 11 Apr 2021 -- Some 258 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 64,490, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday.
- Iran places virus-related travel ban on 39 countries: Minister IRNA 11 Apr 2021 -- Iran's Minister of Roads and Urban Development Mohammad Eslami said on Sunday that Iran placed travel ban on 39 countries amid the fourth wave of coronavirus pandemic in Iran.
- Japan's Total Number of COVID-19 Cases Top 500,000 SPA 11 Apr 2021 -- Japan's total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases topped 500,000 until yesterday, as the country braces for a possible fourth wave of infections, Kyodo reported.
- Health Ministry Spokesman Says 799 New Confirmed Covid-19 Cases, 548 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 11 Apr 2021 -- Official Spokesman of the Ministry of Health Dr. Mohammed Al-Abdulaali said, in a press conference today, that 799 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported today in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 398,435 confirmed cases, including 8,360 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 915 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable, the report said.
- Taiwan reports 11th COVID-19 death, 1 new imported case CNA 11 Apr 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday confirmed one death from COVID-19, bringing the total to 11 in the country since the outbreak began, and one new imported case, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Brazil Records 2,616 COVID-19 Deaths on Saturday, More Than 71,000 Cases SPA 11 Apr 2021 -- Brazil on Saturday recorded 2,616 new COVID-19 deaths and 71,832 new coronavirus cases, Reuters cited the country's Health Ministry as saying.
- Brazil's COVID Crisis Compounded by Slow Vaccination Campaign VOA 11 Apr 2021 -- Confirmed cases of COVID-19 and deaths remain high in Brazil as the country's campaign to vaccinate against the disease stumbles.
- Comoros president receives injection of Chinese COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 11 Apr 2021 -- Comoros President Azali Assoumani received on Saturday an injection of coronavirus vaccine produced by China's Sinopharm, which marked the start of the vaccination campaign in the African nation.
- Lebanon Reports 2,213 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 11 Apr 2021 -- Lebanon reported 2,213 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 496,846.
- Tunisia Records 1,460 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 11 Apr 2021 -- Tunisia recorded 1,460 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) during the past 24 hours, and incurred 56 new deaths.
- UAE Announces 1,810 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 11 Apr 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced that it conducted 242,415 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, Emirates News Agency (WAM) reported.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|