10 April 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO Warns of Rising COVID Cases, Cites Vaccine Complacency VOA 10 Apr 2021 -- The World Health Organization is warning that COVID-19 cases and deaths are rising globally, partly because of complacency setting in that vaccines will stop the spread of the disease. The latest WHO report confirms more than 133.5 million cases of coronavirus infections, including nearly 3 million global deaths.
- 40 percent of US marines refuse COVID-19 vaccine Press TV 10 Apr 2021 -- Nearly 40 percent of US Marines have refused to take COVID-19 vaccinations, prompting Democratic lawmakers to call on the administration to make the inoclution mandatory.
- New Virus Cases in High 600s for 2nd Day Amid Growing Concerns of 4th Wave SPA 10 Apr 2021 -- South Korea's daily new coronavirus cases stayed in the high 600s for the second straight day Saturday as health authorities warn that the country may be at the start of a fourth wave of infections, Yonhap reported.
- Sinopharm, CoronaVac to be assessed between April 26, May 3: WHO People's Daily 10 Apr 2021 -- Chinese vaccines Sinopharm and CoronaVac (Sinovac) are on the final stage of evaluation by the Emergency Use Listing of the World Health Organization (WHO) and a "final decision" should be made between April 26 and May 3, a WHO official said in a press conference on Friday.
- Chinese CDC director suggests adjusting interval, dosage, number of shots to boost vaccine efficacy Global Times 10 Apr 2021 -- The transmissibility and pathogenicity of the novel coronavirus has been strengthening, leading to challenges regarding the research and development of vaccines, Gao Fu, director of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (China's CDC), said Saturday at the National Vaccines and Health Conference.
- China's Ruili completes 2nd-round COVID-19 tests, 18 positive results People's Daily 10 Apr 2021 -- The city of Ruili in southwest China's Yunnan Province has concluded its second round of city-wide nucleic acid testing, with 18 samples testing positive for COVID-19, the local government said Friday.
- Cumulative Vaccination Coverage exceeds 9.80 Crores with over 34 Lakh doses given in the last 24 hours India PIB 10 Apr 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 9.80 Cr today.
- India crosses a Landmark Milestone with more than 100 million doses administered on 85th Day India PIB 10 Apr 2021 -- India has scaled another peak in its effort to contain the COVID-19 virus with the administration of more than 100 million (10 Cr) vaccines to its citizens. The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country stands at 10,12,84,282 as per the provisional report 08:00 pm today.
- Pakistan approves China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use People's Daily 10 Apr 2021 -- The Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) has approved China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use, the National Institute of Health in Islamabad confirmed on Friday.
- COVID-19 kills 193 more people in Iran IRNA 10 Apr 2021 -- Some 193 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 64,232, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday.
- South Korea Reports 677 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 10 Apr 2021 -- South Korea's daily new Coronavirus cases stayed in the high 600s for the second straight day Saturday.
- Ministry of Health Announces Expansion of Administering 1st Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine, Rescheduling of 2nd Dose SPA 10 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Health has announced the expansion of administering the first dose to those who are yet to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, and rescheduling of all appointments of the second dose to give ample time for a large segment of the society to take the first dose.
- Health Ministry: 878 New Confirmed Covid-19 Cases, 578 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 10 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced, in a statement here today, that (878) new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to (397,636), including (8,113) active cases.
- Taiwan reports 2 new imported COVID-19 cases CNA 10 Apr 2021 -- Taiwan has added two new imported COVID-19 cases, one from Indonesia and the other from the Philippines, bringing the number of confirmed cases in the country to date to 1,056, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday.
- Mexico Reports 2,192 New Coronavirus Deaths in One of Largest Daily Pandemic Tolls SPA 10 Apr 2021 -- Mexico's government on Saturday reported 2,192 new confirmed coronavirus deaths, one of its biggest one-day tolls during the pandemic, bringing the country's total to 209,212 deaths, Reuters reported.
- UAE Announces 1,931 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 10 Apr 2021 -- The United Arab Emirates announced, during the past 24 hours, 1,931 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), and 3 deaths.
- Brazil's Daily Deaths from COVID Pass 4,000 for 1st Time SPA 10 Apr 2021 -- Brazil reported a 24-hour tally of COVID-19 deaths exceeding 4,000 for the first time, becoming the second nation to go above that daily threshold, AP reported.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|