03 April 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Sinovac vaccine to expand annual production capacity People's Daily 03 Apr 2021 -- The third production line of CoronaVac, an inactivated COVID-19 vaccine developed by Sinovac Biotech, was completed and put into production on Thursday. It will likely expand the company's annual production capacity to 2 billion doses.
- China donates another batch of humanitarian aid to Kyrgyzstan to fight COVID-19 People's Daily 03 Apr 2021 -- China has handed over to Kyrgyzstan the fourth batch of humanitarian aid to fight COVID-19, the Chinese embassy said Friday.
- Macao to resume inoculation of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 03 Apr 2021 -- The Macao Special Administrative Region is to resume inoculation of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines on Monday if the newly delivered batch of vaccines are tested qualified, according to the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center of Macao.
- France Reports 5,273 People in Intensive Care Units for COVID-19 SPA 03 Apr 2021 -- France reported on Saturday that 5,273 people were in intensive care units for COVID-19, a rise of 19 from the previous day, Reuters reported.
- Sputnik V Developer Says Getting COVID Possible After Jab, But Rules Out Severe Outcomes Sputnik 03 Apr 2021 -- Symptoms reported by Argentine President Alberto Fernandez are a flu-like syndrome, and those vaccinated with the coronavirus vaccine Sputnik V can still develop it, but are protected from severe consequences, Gamaleya research institute director Alexander Gintsburg told Sputnik.
- India's Cumulative Vaccination Coverage exceeds 7.3 Crore Doses India PIB 03 Apr 2021 -- In a significant development in the fight against COVID-19, the cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 7.3 Cr mark today.
- COVID19 Vaccination-Day 78 India PIB 03 Apr 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 7.44 Crore today.
- COVID-19 kills 123 more people in Iran IRNA 03 Apr 2021 -- Some 123 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 62,999, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday.
- South Korea Reports 543 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 03 Apr 2021 -- South Korea's daily new Coronavirus cases surpassed 500 for the fourth day in a row on Saturday.
- Health Ministry: 684 New Confirmed Covid-19 Cases, 439 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 03 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced, in a statement here today, that 684 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 392,009, including 6,007 active cases.
- Taiwan to receive first batch of COVID-19 vaccines from COVAX CNA 03 Apr 2021 -- The first batch of COVID-19 vaccines allocated to Taiwan through the global vaccine sharing program COVAX will be delivered Sunday, Minister of Health and Welfare Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Saturday.
- Taiwan confirms 6 new imported COVID-19 cases CNA 03 Apr 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday confirmed six new imported cases of COVID-19, all Filipino and Indonesian nationals who arrived recently in the country to work, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- First batch of COVID-19 vaccines purchased from China arrives in Mongolia People's Daily 03 Apr 2021 -- Mongolia on Friday received the first batch of COVID-19 vaccines it has purchased from China as part of the efforts to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Brunei receives COVID-19 vaccines from COVAX facility People's Daily 03 Apr 2021 -- Brunei has received the first of a series of COVID-19 vaccine doses through the COVAX Facility, a World Health Organization-led initiative aimed at ensuring equal access to COVID-19 vaccines by various countries.
- Ukraine approves China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine as cases hit new record high Press TV 03 Apr 2021 -- Ukraine has approved China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine to combat the persisting coronavirus pandemic, after the country saw a record rise in new cases of the contagious disease for the second day in a row.
- UAE Announces 2,084 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 03 Apr 2021 -- The United Arab Emirates announced 2,084 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), during the past 24 hours.
- Egypt Records 703 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 03 Apr 2021 -- Egypt recorded 703 new lab-confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), during the past 24 hours.
- Australians Stuck Overseas Due to Canberra COVID Rules Take Legal Action VOA 03 Apr 2021 -- A group of Australians unable to return home because of a strict COVID-19 quota on arrivals has filed legal action against their government.<
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|