02 April 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 02 Apr 2021
- Statement by President Joe Biden on Today's Attack Outside the Capitol The White House 02 Apr 2021
- Statement by Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas on Today's Attack at the U.S. Capitol DHS 02 Apr 2021
- Attorney General Merrick B. Garland Issues Statement on Death and Injury of Capitol Police Officers US Dept. of Justice 02 Apr 2021 -- James Bradley, aka Abdullah, and His Wife, Arwa Muthana, Were Arrested at a Seaport in New Jersey While Allegedly Attempting to Travel Overseas to Join and Fight for ISIS
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO warns slow vaccine roll-out prolonging COVID-19 pandemic People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- As the European region currently fights a resurgence of COVID-19 transmissions, the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Office for Europe on Thursday called upon the governments in the region to "scale-up of both vaccine production and vaccination."
- NYS COVID-19 hospitalizations down to 4,604, positivity rate 3.71 pct: governor People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- The COVID-19 hospitalizations in New York State dropped to 4,604 on Wednesday, compared with 4,651 one day earlier, tweeted Governor Andrew Cuomo on Thursday.
- 100,000th COVID-19 Vaccine Administered in Navy's U.S. 3rd Fleet US Navy 02 Apr 2021 -- The Navy's U.S. Third Fleet coordinated the administration of its 100,000th voluntary first-dose of the COVID-19 vaccination aboard Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72), April 1.
- CDC Says Fully Vaccinated People Can Travel Safely in US VOA 02 Apr 2021 -- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Friday that fully vaccinated people can safely travel within the United States without getting tested before or after their journeys.
- China includes people above 60 in COVID-19 vaccination People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- China has expanded the target population for COVID-19 vaccination to include people aged 60 years old and above, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Hong Kong to take residents home from Britain with designated flights amid epidemic People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- Hong Kong will allow its residents to return from COVID-19-stricken Britain on designated flights later this month as the epidemic situation there has shown signs of abating.
- China's Yunnan reports 4 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- China's Yunnan Province reported four new confirmed COVID-19 cases and four asymptomatic cases on Thursday, the provincial health commission said on Friday.
- China's Ruili classifies 5 areas as medium-risk for COVID-19 People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- The Ruili City in southwest China's Yunnan Province has classified five areas as medium-risk for COVID-19 starting from 7 p.m. Thursday after new cases were reported, according to the city's epidemic prevention and control headquarters.
- Chinese mainland reports 4 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported four new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in southwest China's Yunnan Province, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Classes suspended, home quarantine urged in China's Ruili People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- Schools in Ruili, southwest China's Yunnan Province, have been suspended since Wednesday and residents have been urged to stay home following reports of new COVID-19 cases.
- EU 'Indirectly Forcing' Prague to Buy Russia's Sputnik V Vaccine, Prime Minister Says Sputnik 02 Apr 2021 -- The EU has been inadvertently pushing the Czech Republic with its recent vaccine distribution schemes toward negotiating contracts with Russia for the Sputnik V vaccine, Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis stated on Friday.
- 1.1 million Britons reported having long COVID symptoms: ONS People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- About 1.1 million people in Britain have reported having long COVID symptoms over a four-week period ending March 6, figures from the British Office for National Statistics (ONS) showed Thursday.
- UK records another 4,479 coronavirus cases, 51 deaths People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- Another 4,479 people in Britain have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of coronavirus cases in the country to 4,350,266, according to official figures released Thursday.
- EU countries agree on "solidarity vaccine" after distribution talks People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- Five European Union (EU) member states will share nearly three million additional "solidarity vaccine" doses following an agreement with the majority of other members, the Portuguese presidency of the Council of the EU announced on Thursday.
- Active COVID-19 cases trending downward, deaths up in Italy People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- The coronavirus pandemic in Italy is entering a new, deadlier phase, with the death toll climbing amid a downward trend in active infections, according to a report released Thursday by the GIMBE Foundation, a scientific research entity.
- France's daily count of COVID-19 cases tops 50,000 again ahead of new lockdown People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- France logged 50,659 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, the second day seeing over 50,000 infections after 59,038 cases were reported on Wednesday.
- Sweden pushes back timeline for widespread vaccination due to jab shortages People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- Sweden has pushed back its target to vaccinate all adults against COVID-19 due to vaccine shortages, the government said Thursday.
- Germany Reports 21888 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 02 Apr 2021 -- Germany reported 21888 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), and 232 deaths, during the past 24 hours.
- Russia's COVID-19 Death Toll Tops 225,000, Putting It Third-Highest Globally RFE/RL 02 Apr 2021 -- The number of Russians who have died from the coronavirus has surpassed 225,000, the nation's statistics agency reported on April 2.
- India Confirms More Than 80,000 New Daily COVID Cases VOA 02 Apr 2021 -- India's health ministry Friday reported 81,466 new COVID cases in the previous 24-hour period. The new tally is the South Asian country's highest daily count in six months. The western state of Maharashtra has more than half of the new cases with 43,183.
- India records Highest Single Day Vaccine Coverage with more than 36.7 lakh Doses administered in the last 24 hours India PIB 02 Apr 2021 -- India has achieved a milestone in its vaccination drive with the highest ever single day figure of more than 36.7 lakh vaccination coverage recorded in the last 24 hours.
- Cabinet Secretary Reviews the COVID Status with all States/UTs India PIB 02 Apr 2021 -- Cabinet Secretary Shri Rajiv Gauba chaired a high-level review meeting with Chief Secretaries, DG Police and Health Secretaries of all States/UTs, with focus on 11 States/UTs that have been reporting very high rise in daily cases and daily mortality because of COVID-19 in the last two weeks.
- COVID19 Vaccination-Day 77 India PIB 02 Apr 2021 -- In its collaborative fight against the COVID19 pandemic, India has scaled several peaks today. In a significant development, the cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 7 Crore today. The country has also administered the first dose to more than 6 Cr beneficiaries.
- India's COVID-19 tally reaches 12,303,131 with over 81,000 new cases People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- India's COVID tally rose to 12,303,131 on Friday, as 81,466 new cases were reported from across the country, according to the latest figures released by federal health ministry.
- Pakistan Records 5,234 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 02 Apr 2021 -- Pakistan recorded 5,234 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), and 83 deaths, during the past 24 hours.
- Iran reports 11,750 new COVID-19 cases, 1,897,314 in total People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- Iran reported 11,750 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, raising its nationwide caseload to 1,897,314.
- COVID-19 claims 117 lives in Iran over past 24 hours: Official IRNA 02 Apr 2021 -- 117 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 62,876, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari announced on Friday.
- S. Korea reports 558 more COVID-19 cases, 104,194 in total People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- South Korea reported 558 more cases of COVID-19 as of midnight Thursday compared to 24 hours ago, raising the total number of infections to 104,194.
- Japan designates 3 prefectures for stronger COVID-19 measures People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- Japan's central government on Thursday granted the requests of Osaka and two other prefectures to take stronger measures to tackle a resurgence of COVID-19 infections under a revised law that does not require declaring a state of emergency.
- Health Ministry: Total Number of COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Reaches over 4,600,000 Doses SPA 02 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced, in a statement here today, that 728 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 391,325, including 5,768 active cases.
- Three new imported COVID-19 cases confirmed in Taiwan CNA 02 Apr 2021 -- Three new imported cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Taiwan on Friday, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 1,039, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|