30 March 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Newlyweds Used Pressure Cooker Bombs in Church Attack, Indonesian Police Say VOA 30 Mar 2021 -- Indonesian authorities have identified a recently married couple with ties to the Islamic State-linked Jamaah Ansarud Daulah (JAD) as the main suspects behind a suicide bombing Sunday that targeted a Catholic church in Makassar, the provincial capital of South Sulawesi.
- Honduran President's Brother Sentenced to Life in Prison Over Massive Drug Trafficking Scheme Sputnik 30 Mar 2021 -- Tony Hernandez is a former member of the National Congress of Honduras, and also happens to be the brother of Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez. The former congressional lawmaker was arrested in 2018 and convicted in 2019 over conspiracy charges tied to drug smuggling and possession of machine guns.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Weekly Epidemiological Update WHO 30 Mar 2021
- Joint Statement on the WHO-Convened COVID-19 Origins Study US Dept. of State 30 Mar 2021 -- The text of the following statement was released by the Governments of the United States of America, Australia, Canada, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, the Republic of Korea, Slovenia, and the United Kingdom.
- US, 13 Other Nations Concerned About WHO COVID Origins Report VOA 30 Mar 2021 -- The United States and 13 other nations issued a statement Tuesday raising "shared concerns" about the newly released World Health Organization report on the origins of the virus that causes COVID-19.
- COVID-19 origins report inconclusive: We must 'leave no stone unturned' â€“ WHO chief UN News 30 Mar 2021 -- The report from a team of international scientists assembled by the World Health Organization (WHO) to examine how COVID-19 first spread to humans was published on Tuesday, and was described by the UN health agency's chief as a welcome start, but far from conclusive.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson's Remarks on Report of Joint WHO-China Study of Origins of SARS-CoV-2 Released by WHO PRC MofA 30 Mar 2021
- World leaders call for new international treaty to improve pandemic response UN News 30 Mar 2021 -- A group of world leaders have joined the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) in calling for an international treaty to improve pandemic preparedness and response in the wake of COVID-19, for the sake of future generations.
- WHO, EU, World Leaders Support Pandemic Treaty VOA 30 Mar 2021 -- Leaders of the European Union, (EU) the World Health Organization (WHO) and 23 countries expressed support Tuesday for an international pandemic treaty to help the world better address future global medical emergencies.
- First coronavirus vaccine dose cuts infection risk by 62 pct in England: UK study People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- A major study of care home residents in England has found that their risk of infection with coronavirus fell by 62 percent five weeks after they received their first vaccine jab, British media reported Monday.
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 30 Mar 2021
- Civil Air Patrol completes full year of COVID-19 support US Air Force 30 Mar 2021 -- Civil Air Patrol, the U.S. Air Force auxiliary, logged 365 continuous days in support of America's humanitarian response to the coronavirus pandemic March 24.
- 5th Fleet Reaches Nearly 13,000 COVID-19 Vaccines Administered US Navy 30 Mar 2021 -- U.S. 5th Fleet has reached nearly 13,000 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines administered during a fleet-wide effort to protect the force, as of March 28.
- NYS COVID-19 hospitalizations up to 4,575, positivity rate 4.13 pct: governor People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- COVID-19 hospitalizations in New York state rose to 4,575 on Sunday, compared with 4,529 one day earlier, tweeted Governor Andrew Cuomo on Monday.
- Biden says 90 pct of adult Americans eligible to be vaccinated in 3 weeks People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- U.S. President Joe Biden announced on Monday that 90 percent of adult Americans will be eligible to get COVID-19 vaccination in three weeks.
- CDC director says "impending doom" felt about another COVID-19 surge People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- Director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Rochelle Walensky said on Monday she feels a sense of "impeding doom" about another surge in COVID-19 cases as infections increased by 10 percent.
- U.S. reports over 10,000 coronavirus variants infections as experts warn of another COVID-19 surge People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- Currently the United States has recorded more than 10,000 infection cases of coronavirus variants as experts warn of another COVID-19 surge.
- Hong Kong reports 7 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported seven additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, taking the total tally to 11,461.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- Over 6.3 mln COVID-19 vaccine shots administered in China's Hubei People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- Central China's Hubei Province has administered over 6.32 million doses of coronavirus vaccines as of Sunday, according to a provincial press briefing Monday.
- Macao reports no locally transmitted COVID-19 case for whole year People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- No locally transmitted COVID-19 case had been reported for 365 days in China's Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) as of Monday, according to the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center of Macao.
- Hong Kong to relax COVID-19 control as epidemic eases People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- Hong Kong will loosen some COVID-19 control measures from leisure facility closures to travel restrictions as new infections have continued to drop and an increasing number of residents have received the vaccine.
- EU chief warns of "domino effect" of COVID-19 crisis People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen on Monday warned of the "domino effect" of the health crisis brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- UK records another 4,654 coronavirus cases, 23 deaths People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- Another 4,654 people in Britain have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of coronavirus cases in the country to 4,337,696, according to official figures released Monday.
- Germany Extends COVID-19 Border Restrictions with Czech Republic VOA 30 Mar 2021 -- German officials said Wednesday the country will extend COVID-19-related border restrictions with the Czech Republic for another two weeks as they try to bring the third wave of coronavirus outbreaks under control.
- Russia adds 8,711 COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- Russia registered 8,711 new COVID-19 cases over the past 24 hours, bringing the national tally to 4,528,543, the country's COVID-19 response center said Monday.
- Russia Registers 8,277 COVID-19 Cases in Past 24 Hours SPA 30 Mar 2021 -- Russia registered 8,277 new COVID-19 cases over the past 24 hours, taking the overall tally to 4,536,820, the coronavirus response center said on Tuesday, according to Sputnik News Agency.
- Maharashtra, Punjab, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat continue to report high Daily New Cases India PIB 30 Mar 2021 -- Six States, Maharashtra, Punjab, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat, continue to report a surge in the COVID daily new cases. 78.56% of the new cases are reported from these 6 states.
- COVID19 Vaccination-Day 74 India PIB 30 Mar 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 6.24 Crore today.
- India's COVID-19 tally reaches 12,095,855 People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- India's COVID-19 tally rose to 12,095,855 on Tuesday as 56,211 new cases were reported from across the country, according to the latest figures released by the federal health ministry.
- India Records 56,211 New Cases of Coronavirus SPA 30 Mar 2021 -- India recorded 56,211 new cases of coronavirus, a slight dip from the country's record-breaking tallies over the last three days, data from the health ministry showed on Tuesday, Reuters reported.
- Pakistani president tested positive of COVID-19 People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- Pakistani President Arif Alvi has tested positive of COVID-19, Alvi confirmed in a tweet on Monday.
- Some foreign states willing to cooperate in COVIran Barakat clinical test: Official IRNA 30 Mar 2021 -- Official in charge of manufacturing Iran Barakat vaccines Mohammad Reza Salehi said on Tuesday that some neighboring countries tend to enter the third phase of the clinical trial of the Iranian coronavirus vaccine called "COVIran Barakat".
- COVID-19 claims 91 lives in Iran over past 24 hours: Official IRNA 30 Mar 2021 -- 91 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 62,569, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Tuesday.
- South Korea Reports 447 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 30 Mar 2021 -- South Korea reported 447 new COVID-19 cases during the past 24 hours.
- Health Ministry: 556 New Confirmed Covid-19 Cases, 410 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 30 Mar 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced, in a statement here today, that 556 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 389,422, including 5,045 active cases.
- Taiwan confirms one new COVID-19 case, vaccinations pass 10,000 CNA 30 Mar 2021 -- Taiwan on Tuesday confirmed one new imported case of COVID-19, while the number of people who have received their first shot of a COVID-19 vaccine has now surpassed 10,000, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Over 4,000 people enroll in Phase II trial of local COVID-19 vaccine CNA 30 Mar 2021 -- Over 4,000 people in Taiwan have enrolled in the second-stage clinical trial of a domestic COVID-19 vaccine, of whom around 3,700 have already received an injection, the vaccine's developer, Medigen Vaccine Biologics Corp. (MVC), announced Tuesday.
- Africa's COVID-19 cases pass 4.18 mln: Africa CDC People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Africa has reached 4,187,097 as of Monday noon, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) said.
- Amnesty Report Makes Plea For Afghanistan's Displaced People Left Badly Exposed To Pandemic RFE/RL Gandhara 30 Mar 2021 -- Amnesty International is urging the Afghan government and the international community to scale up efforts to support the country's 4 million internally displaced people (IDPs) who it says have "little or no means" of protecting themselves from contracting, spreading, and recovering from COVID-19.
- Brazil reports 1,660 new COVID-19 deaths in one single day People's Daily 30 Mar 2021 -- Brazil reported 1,660 new COVID-19 deaths in the past 24 hours, bringing the death toll in the country to 313,866, the Health Ministry said on Monday.
- Palestine receives 100K COVID-19 vaccines from China Press TV 30 Mar 2021 -- The Palestinian Authority has received 100,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine donated by China to accelerate its inoculation drive, which has been lagging due to Israeli inhibitions.
- Kuwait Reports 1271 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 30 Mar 2021 -- Kuwait reported 1271 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases to 230821.
- Iraq Reports 5995 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 30 Mar 2021 -- Iraq reported today 5995 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases to 844260.
- Mali Becomes 58th Country to Register Russia's Sputnik V COVID-19 Vaccine Sputnik 30 Mar 2021 -- Mali has authorised the use of Russia's Sputnik V vaccine against the coronavirus, the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) announced on Tuesday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|