27 March 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO Urges Donations of COVID Vaccines to Poorer Countries VOA 27 Mar 2021 -- The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) Friday urged the global community to donate COVID-19 vaccines to lower income countries, citing the urgent need for 10 million doses for a WHO-backed vaccine distribution program.
- The war is against the virus, not against each other: WHO official People's Daily 27 Mar 2021 -- Commenting on the "new type of world war" in the rhetoric over vaccine distribution, a World Health Organization (WHO) official on Friday stressed the importance of collaboration between world leaders.
- Chinese military provides COVID-19 vaccines to Sudanese military PLA Daily 27 Mar 2021 -- For the implementation of President Xi Jinping's important declaration on making China's COVID-19 vaccine a global public good, with the approval of the Central Military Commission and at the request of the Sudanese military, the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) has provided anti-pandemic assistance to the Sudanese Armed Forces with a batch of COVID-19 vaccines delivered to the Sudanese side on March 27.
- Russia, Sputnik V developer hit back at Macron over vaccine world war remarks Press TV 27 Mar 2021 -- The Kremlin and the Russian developer of the COVID-19 vaccine have hit back at French President Emmanuel Macron over his remarks that Russia and China seek to "weaponize" their jabs to attack the European Union.
- With 80% of Daily New Cases, Maharashtra, Punjab, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh continue to exhibit a spike India PIB 27 Mar 2021 -- Six States, Maharashtra, Punjab, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh continue to report a surge in the COVID daily new cases. 79.57% of the new cases are reported from these 6 states.
- Surge in COVID-19 Cases India PIB 27 Mar 2021 -- Shri Rajesh Bhushan, Union Health Secretary chaired a high-level review meeting today with Addl. Chief Secretaries, Principal Secretaries and Secretaries (H&FW) of 12 States and Municipal Commissioners and District Collectors of 46 districts that are the most affected by rising cases and rising mortality because of COVID-19.
- COVID19 Vaccination-Day 71 India PIB 27 Mar 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 5.94 Crore today.
- India's COVID-19 tally reaches 11,908,910 as daily cases continue to rise People's Daily 27 Mar 2021 -- India's COVID-19 tally reached 11,908,910 on Saturday as 62,258 new cases were reported from across the country, according to the latest figures released by the federal health ministry.
- India donates 200,000 vaccines to protect UN blue helmets against COVID UN News 27 Mar 2021 -- India shipped out 200,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines on Saturday to inoculate UN blue helmets serving in peacekeeping missions.
- Pakistan Struggles to Contain Third COVID-19 Wave VOA 27 Mar 2021 -- Pakistan is struggling to contain a third wave of coronavirus infections, reporting close to 4,500 new cases in the last 24 hours, the highest number of daily infections in nine months.
- Iran tightens movement curbs amid surge in COVID cases Press TV 27 Mar 2021 -- The Iranian government has tightened restrictions on movement between cities amid a new surge in coronavirus (COVID-19) cases during Persian New Year holidays.
- S.Korea reports 505 more COVID-19 cases, 101,275 in total People's Daily 27 Mar 2021 -- South Korea reported 505 more cases of COVID-19 as of midnight Friday compared to 24 hours ago, raising the total number of infections to 101,275.
- South Korea Reports 505 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 27 Mar 2021 -- South Korea reported today 505 COVID-19 cases, including 490 local infections, raising the total caseload to 101,275, according to the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA), Yonhap News Agency reported.
- 502 New Confirmed Covid-19 Cases, 355 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 27 Mar 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced, in a statement here today, that 502 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 387,794, including 4,593 active cases.
- Japan's Daily Coronavirus Cases Top 2,000, Fuel Fear of Rebound SPA 27 Mar 2021 -- Japan reported Friday more than 2,000 new cases of the coronavirus in one day for the first time since early February, fanning concerns of a rebound less than a week after a state of emergency was lifted in Tokyo and three surrounding prefectures, Kyodo reported.
- Four new serious adverse events reported in vaccine recipients CNA 27 Mar 2021 -- Thirteen new adverse events, including four serious ones, have been reported among the over 9,200 people who had received their first dose of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in Taiwan, as of Friday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports 7 new imported COVID-19 cases CNA 27 Mar 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported seven new imported COVID-19 cases from Indonesia, the United States and the Philippines, bringing the total to 1,020 since the pandemic began, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Brazil on Pace to Surpass US COVID Deaths by Year's End VOA 27 Mar 2021 -- Brazil is averaging nearly 2,400 deaths a day from COVID-19, about one-fourth of the world's daily tally, according to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center.
- Brazil sets daily record of 3,650 new COVID-19 deaths People's Daily 27 Mar 2021 -- Brazil on Friday again broke its record of single-day COVID-19 deaths, after 3,650 people died of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, the Ministry of Health said.
- Argentina registers 12,936 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Mar 2021 -- Argentina registered 12,936 new COVID-19 infections on Friday, bringing the national tally to 2,291,051 cases.
- Colombia reports 7,395 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Mar 2021 -- Colombia registered 7,395 new COVID-19 cases over the past 24 hours, taking its nationwide tally to 2,367,337, the Ministry of Health and Social Protection said on Friday.
- Mongolia reports 361 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death People's Daily 27 Mar 2021 -- Mongolia reported 361 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, the second highest daily number since reporting its first case in March 2020, the country's National Center for Communicable Diseases (NCCD) said Saturday.
- Africa's confirmed COVID-19 cases near 4.16 mln: Africa CDC People's Daily 27 Mar 2021 -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Africa has reached 4,159,055 as of Friday evening, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) said.
- Mexico Reports 4,922 New Coronavirus Cases, 567 More Deaths SPA 27 Mar 2021 -- Mexico on Saturday reported 4,922 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 567 more fatalities, bringing the country's total to 2,224,767 infections and 201,429 deaths, Reuters cited health ministry data as showing.
- UAE Reports 2304 New Covid-19 Cases SPA 27 Mar 2021 -- United Arab Emirates reported, during the last 24 hours, 2304 new cases of Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), 5 deaths, and 2428 recoveries.
- Cameroon Prisoners Blame Overcrowding, Poor Hygiene for COVID Spread VOA 27 Mar 2021 -- Prisoners in Cameroon's overcrowded prisons are protesting what they say is neglect in prison centers, leading to a rapid spread of the coronavirus. Over the past month, protests were reported in several locations, including the Kondengui Maximum Security Prison in the capital, Yaounde, the New Bell prison in the coastal city of Douala, and the central prison in the English-speaking western town of Bamenda, according to authorities.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|