23 March 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Terrorist Activities India PIB 23 Mar 2021 -- The number of the terrorist incidents, the number of security force personnel martyred and the number of civilians who lost their life in terrorist incidents in the hinterland of the country and in Jammu and Kashmir during the years 2014 to 2020 is as below:
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Weekly Epidemiological Update WHO 23 Mar 2021
- Little has been done to address equitable COVID-19 vaccine distribution: WHO chief People's Daily 23 Mar 2021 -- The chief of the World Health Organization (WHO) warned on Monday that little has so far been done to address the inequitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, which is pushing the world to the brink of a catastrophic moral failure.
- Troubled Oxford-AstraZeneca Vaccine Faces New Setback VOA 23 Mar 2021 -- Just hours after AstraZeneca said late-stage trials of its COVID-19 vaccine prove it has "100% efficacy against severe or critical disease and hospitalization," a key U.S. government oversight group expressed concern about the drugmaker's information.
- Top Defense Official Calls Military's COVID Effort 'Phenomenal' DoD News 23 Mar 2021 -- Combating COVID-19 is "Job 1" for the entire government, President Joe Biden said when he took office; DOD is doing its part.
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 23 Mar 2021
- Shanghai the first to announce COVID-19 vaccine inoculation plan for foreigners in China Global Times 23 Mar 2021 -- Foreigners in Shanghai who meet the requirement will be eligible to take domestic made COVID-19 vaccines, municipal authorities announced on Tuesday night, making Shanghai the first Chinese city to publicize inoculation plan for foreigners. The move has sparked heated discussions on whether more cities would follow suit.
- Clinical trials approved for CanSino's inhaled COVID-19 vaccine Global Times 23 Mar 2021 -- China's leading vaccine producer CanSino Biologics obtained the national drug regulator's approval on Monday to start clinical trials of its latest recombinant COVID-19 vaccine (Adenovirus Type 5 Vector) in inhalation form.
- China urges acceleration of vaccination at national mobilization meeting Global Times 23 Mar 2021 -- China has set the acceleration of its vaccination drive as a political task and the top priority mission of governments at all levels following a video meeting convened by the State Council on Monday, which experts said is a sign that China is preparing nationwide mobilization for this end.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 23 Mar 2021 -- The Chinese mainland reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases on Monday, the National Health Commission said on Tuesday.
- European Medicines Agency Reviewing Russian Vaccine Sputnik VOA 23 Mar 2021 -- The executive director of Europe's drug regulator, the European Medicines Agency, (EMA) said Tuesday it is evaluating Russia's Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine for possible authorization of use in the European Union.
- Hungary's Orban Signals Delay In Reopening As Virus Deaths At Record High RFE/RL 23 Mar 2021 -- Hungary has reported a record number of coronavirus deaths, prompting Prime Minister Viktor Orban to announce a delay in the reopening of the economy.
- Putin Gets Covid-19 Vaccine Shot RFE/RL 23 Mar 2021 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has been vaccinated against COVID-19 and is feeling well, RIA said on March 23 citing the Kremlin, as authorities seek to encourage hesitant Russians to get the shot.
- Kremlin: Putin Gets Vaccinated Against Coronavirus, Feeling Well Sputnik 23 Mar 2021 -- Yesterday, the Russian leader announced he would be inoculated against the coronavirus on Tuesday. The Kremlin later clarified that the process of inoculation would not be broadcast.
- Maharashtra, Punjab, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu report a rise in Daily New Cases; account for 81% of daily new cases India PIB 23 Mar 2021 -- Six States- Maharashtra, Punjab, Karnataka, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh and Tamil Nadu- are reporting a surge in daily new cases. They together account for 80.90% of the new cases (40,715) reported in last 24 hours.
- COVID19 Vaccination-Day 67 India PIB 23 Mar 2021 -- India has crossed a significant milestone in the fight against the global pandemic. The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 5 Crore today.
- Export of Vaccine to other Nations India PIB 23 Mar 2021 -- A sub-Group of the National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for COVID-19 was constituted to consider all matters related to vaccine export of COVID-19 vaccines and take necessary decisions with due regard to domestic production and ensuring adequate availability for the national vaccine programme for COVID-19. This Sub-Group closely monitors the supplies.
- MHA Guidelines for effective control of COVID-19 India PIB 23 Mar 2021 -- States/ UTs mandated to strictly enforce Test-Track-Treat protocol, Containment measures,COVID-Appropriate behavior and SOPs on various activities
- Pakistan Government Criticized Over Private Imports Of COVID-19 Vaccines RFE/RL Gandhara 23 Mar 2021 -- Pakistanâ€™s decision to allow private imports of COVID-19 vaccines for sale on the open market has triggered concerns that the move could cause inequality and open the door to corruption.
- COVID-19 claims 74 lives in Iran over past 24 hours: Official IRNA 23 Mar 2021 -- Some 74 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 61,951 Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Tuesday.
- S.Korean president receives COVID-19 vaccine ahead of overseas trip People's Daily 23 Mar 2021 -- South Korean President Moon Jae-in publicly received his first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine on Tuesday ahead of his overseas trip scheduled in June.
- Republic of Korea Announces 346 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 23 Mar 2021 -- The Republic of Korea's daily new coronavirus cases fell back to below 400 on Tuesday for the first time in a week, Yonhap reported.
- 410 New Confirmed Covid-19 Cases, 366 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 23 Mar 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced today that 410 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 385,834, including 4,051 active cases undergoing treatment.
- One new imported COVID-19 case; one non-SAE among vaccinated CNA 23 Mar 2021 -- Taiwan on Tuesday confirmed one imported case of COVID-19 from the Netherlands, according to the Central Command Center (CECC), which also reported one non-serious adverse event (SAE) among the more than 1,500 people who have received the AstraZeneca vaccine since vaccinations began the previous day.
- Taiwan blasts attempts at 'vaccine diplomacy' targeting Paraguay CNA 23 Mar 2021 -- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) on Tuesday condemned a reported threat by some Chinese businessmen in Paraguay willing to act as vaccine brokers that they would not do so unless the South American country cuts diplomatic relations with Taiwan.
- Chile's mass vaccination plan extends to Antarctica People's Daily 23 Mar 2021 -- The Chilean government's mass COVID-19 vaccination plan, which has already inoculated more than 5.5 million people, has extended to Antarctica with the vaccination of 48 people working at the country's bases on the continent.
- Kuwait Reports 1,288 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 23 Mar 2021 -- Kuwait reported 1,288 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases to 221,743.
- Kenyan Authorities Worried by Rise in New COVID Infections VOA 23 Mar 2021 -- Health experts in Kenya are reporting a jump in confirmed cases of COVID-19, with hospitals struggling to find enough beds for patients needing treatment. Kenyan authorities are calling on people to protect against the virus as a third wave hits the nation.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|