20 March 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- U.S. Sentences Cybercriminals From Russia, North Macedonia To Stiff Prison Terms RFE/RL 20 Mar 2021 -- The United States has sentenced nationals from Russia and North Macedonia to prison for their roles in a transnational cybercrime operation that was responsible for the theft of $568 million worldwide, the U.S. Justice Department said on March 19.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Latest Chinese COVID-19 case already inoculated, experts shrug off worry over vaccine's efficacy Global Times 20 Mar 2021 -- The medical worker in Northwest China's Shaanxi Province, who was confirmed as a COVID-19 case on Thursday, had completed vaccine inoculation before contracting the virus, media reported on Saturday. Experts noted that there is no vaccine that can effectively fend off the virus 100 percent, and the public shouldn't worry over its efficacy based on a single contraction case.
- 2nd batch of China's Sinovac vaccine arrives in Thailand People's Daily 20 Mar 2021 -- A second batch of COVID-19 vaccines Thailand ordered from China's Sinovac arrived in Bangkok on Saturday.
- China to continue providing vaccine aid for global pandemic response People's Daily 20 Mar 2021 -- A spokesperson with China International Development Cooperation Agency (CIDCA) said on Friday that by providing vaccine aid, China will continue to work with all parties to make new contributions to the global fight against the pandemic of COVID-19.
- Wuhan study suggests COVID-19 antibodies can prevent reinfection for at least 9 months People's Daily 20 Mar 2021 -- About 40 percent of COVID-19 positive patients in Wuhan, capital of central China's Hubei Province, have antibodies that can offer protection against being reinfected with the virus for at least nine months, said a new article published in the medical journal The Lancet this week.
- France Reports 6.14 Million People Have Received 1st COVID-19 Vaccine Shots SPA 20 Mar 2021 -- The French health ministry said today, on Saturday 6,137,375 people have received a first COVID-19 vaccine shot since the beginning of the vaccination campaign in the country, Reuters reported.
- Germany's Bavaria May Produce Russia's Sputnik V Vaccine, State Minister President Says Sputnik 20 Mar 2021 -- The German state of Bavaria may produce the Russian coronavirus vaccine Sputnik V, the head of the state, minister-president Markus SÃ¶der told FAZ newspaper in an interview published on Saturday.
- India records a milestone in COVID19 vaccination with administration of over 4.2 cr vaccine doses India PIB 20 Mar 2021 -- India has scaled a significant peak in its battle against COVID 19 pandemic. The total vaccination coverage has surpassed 4 crores.
- COVID19 Vaccination-Day 64 India PIB 20 Mar 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 4.36 Crore today.
- Pakistani Prime Minister Tests Positive For COVID-19, Two Days After Getting Vaccine RFE/RL Gandhara 20 Mar 2021 -- Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan has tested positive for COVID-19, the country's health minister said on March 20, two days after he received a vaccination, although the Health Ministry and other officials noted he had not been fully vaccinated.
- Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan contracts coronavirus Press TV 20 Mar 2021 -- Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan has been diagnosed with COVID-19, two days after he received his first dose of a coronavirus vaccine.
- COVID-19 claims 75 lives over past 24 hours in Iran: Official IRNA 20 Mar 2021 -- Some 75 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 61,724, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday.
- 382 New Confirmed Covid-19 Cases, 271 Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 20 Mar 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced, in a statement here today, that 382 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 384,653, including 3,916 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Premier, health minister among first in Taiwan to take AstraZeneca CNA 20 Mar 2021 -- Premier Su Tseng-chang (è˜‡è²žæ˜Œ) and Minister of Health and Welfare Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) will be among the first recipients of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in Taiwan, an official from the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday.
- UAE Announces 2,013 New COVID-19 Cases, 2,240 Recoveries, 5 Deaths in Last 24 Hours SPA 20 Mar 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced that it conducted 240,035 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment, WAM News Agency reported today.
- UAE Announces 2,013 New Covid-19 Cases SPA 20 Mar 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced today 2,013 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases to 438,638.
- Health-Care Workers From Kosovo Receive COVID-19 Vaccines In Albania RFE/RL 20 Mar 2021 -- About 250 Kosovo health-care workers traveled from Kosovo to the Albanian city of Kukes on March 20 to get vaccinated against COVID-19, a health official in Kosovo said.
- Egypt Reports 645 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 20 Mar 2021 -- Egypt reported, during the past 24 hours, 645 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19).
- Brazil Seeks to Import Excess US Coronavirus Vaccines VOA 20 Mar 2021 -- Brazil is in talks with the United States to import excess doses of coronavirus vaccines, its Foreign Ministry tweeted Saturday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|