06 March 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- US panel advises tight security around Congress amid fears of violence Press TV 06 Mar 2021 -- A panel appointed following the deadly January 6 attack by supporters of former president Donald Trump on the US Congress has recommended a thousand more police officers and extra fencing amid fears of violence.
- Pentagon 'assessing systems' after 30,000 US organizations hacked via holes in Microsoft software Press TV 06 Mar 2021 -- The Pentagon is reviewing US military networks for possible damage following a series of newly discovered cyber intrusions that Microsoft said were linked to a Chinese hacking unit.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- DOD Identifies More Troops to Help Administer COVID-19 Vaccine DoD News 06 Mar 2021 -- The Defense Department has identified additional personnel authorized to support the Federal Emergency Management Agency in administering COVID-19 vaccinations at community vaccination centers around the country.
- 15 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 06 Mar 2021 -- Friday saw 15 COVID-19 patients newly discharged from hospitals following recovery on the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 10 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 06 Mar 2021 -- Ten new imported COVID-19 cases were reported Friday on the Chinese mainland, bringing the total number of imported cases to 5,059.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 06 Mar 2021 -- The Chinese mainland reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases on Friday, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- China should step up guard against mutant COVID-19 strains: political advisor People's Daily 06 Mar 2021 -- China should step up guard against mutant COVID-19 strains as the pandemic continues to rage worldwide, a national political advisor has said.
- France slams EU members states for showing interest in Russian, Chinese vaccines Press TV 06 Mar 2021 -- A French cabinet minister has censured the European Union (EU) member states for showing interest in the Russian and Chinese COVID-19 vaccines instead of the ones developed by the US and the UK.
- Maharashtra, Kerala, Punjab, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu continue to report a spike in Daily New Cases India PIB 06 Mar 2021 -- Maharashtra, Kerala, Punjab, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu have reported a high number of COVID daily new cases. They cumulatively account for 82% of the new cases reported in the past 24 hours.
- COVID19 Vaccination-Day 50 India PIB 06 Mar 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 2.06Crore today.
- States exhibiting surge in Daily New COVID cases and High Active Caseload urged to Return to Fundamentals of "Test, Track and Treat" India PIB 06 Mar 2021 -- Shri Rajesh Bhushan, Union Health Secretary and Dr. Vinod K. Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog today interacted with Health Secretaries and MDs (NHM) of Haryana, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and UTs of Delhi and Chandigarh.
- Centre rushes High Level Public Health teams to Maharashtra and Punjab to assist in COVID-19 control and containment measures in view of recent spike in cases in these States India PIB 06 Mar 2021 -- The Central Government has rushed high level multi-disciplinary public health teams to Maharashtra and Punjab in view of the increase in number of daily new COVID-19 cases being consistently reported by these States. They are being deployed to assist the State Health Departments in COVID-19 surveillance, control and containment measures.
- COVID-19 claims 82 lives in past 24 hours in Iran: Official IRNA 06 Mar 2021 -- Some 82 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 60,594, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday.
- S. Korea reports 418 more COVID-19 cases, 92,055 in total People's Daily 06 Mar 2021 -- South Korea reported 418 more cases of COVID-19 as of midnight Friday compared to 24 hours ago, raising the total number of infections to 92,055.
- 382 New Confirmed Covid-19 Cases, 378 Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 06 Mar 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced, in a statement here today, that 382 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 379,474, including 2,650 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Saudi Arabia to Lift Ban on Coronavirus-Related Precautionary Measures from Sunday With the Exception of No. of them SPA 06 Mar 2021 -- An official source at the Ministry of Interior stated that it has been decided not to extend the precautionary measures which had previously set to suspend all entertainment activities and events, closing cinemas and indoor entertainment centers as well as independent indoor games' venues, or those in restaurants and shopping centers and the like, gyms and sports centers, internal ordering services in restaurants and cafes and the like. The decision of lifting the suspension will be implemented from next Sunday, March 7, 2021, with the exception of the following procedures:
- Taiwan reports 10th COVID-19 death, 7 new imported cases CNA 06 Mar 2021 -- A Taiwanese man in his 60s has died of COVID-19 -- the country's 10th fatality from the disease -- while seven new imported cases were reported Saturday, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said.
- China's vaccine diplomacy may squeeze Taiwan's internationally: analyst CNA 06 Mar 2021 -- China's "vaccine diplomacy," which has become central to its foreign policy in 2021, may hamper Taiwan's efforts to build relations with developing countries, according to an expert at a think tank in Taipei.
- Stop 'Fussing and Whining' Over COVID Response, Says Brazil President VOA 06 Mar 2021 -- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center has recorded more than 116 million global coronavirus cases. The U.S. is on the verge of having 30 million infections, followed by India with 11 million and Brazil with 10.8 million.
- COVID Pandemic Worsening Gender Divide in Africa, WHO Says VOA 06 Mar 2021 -- The COVID-19 pandemic is worsening gender inequality in Africa and causing millions of women great physical, mental and economic distress, the World Health Organization says.
- Malawi Receives First COVID Vaccine Shipment VOA 06 Mar 2021 -- Malawi has received its first 360,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine. The shipment Friday afternoon was the first tranche of about 1.2 million doses of Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine allocations for Malawi through the COVAX program.
- UAE Announces 2,959 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 06 Mar 2021 -- United Arab Emirates (UAE) announced 2,959 cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases to 408,236.
- Egypt Reports 579 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 06 Mar 2021 -- Egypt reported 579 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), during the past 24 hours, and 49 deaths due to Covid-19 complications.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|