27 February 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- U.S. FDA approves Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use Global Times 27 Feb 2021 -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Saturday authorized Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use in the United States.
- US says more than 300 people charged over deadly Capitol attack Press TV 27 Feb 2021 -- The US Justice Department has charged more than 300 people over the deadly attack on Capitol Hill by former President Donald Trump supporter that led to the death of five people.
- Press Gaggle by Press Secretary Jen Psaki and Homeland Security Advisor and Deputy National Security Advisor Dr. Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall The White House 27 Feb 2021
- US FDA Issues Emergency Use Authorisation for Johnson & Johnson Coronavirus Vaccine Sputnik 27 Feb 2021 -- Earlier, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the emergency use of two vaccines against coronavirus made by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna.
- China's first 1-dose COVID-19 vaccine rolls out; 500m people can be inoculated a year Global Times 27 Feb 2021 -- China's first Ad5-nCoV COVID-19 vaccine was rolled out on Friday. One of the developers of the single-dose vaccine said that the annual production capacity can reach 500 million doses, which means 500 million people can be vaccinated in a year.
- First batch of 685,000 doses of mRNA vaccine arrives in Hong Kong Global Times 27 Feb 2021 -- The first batch of 685,000 doses of the COVID-19 mRNA vaccine co-developed by Germany's BioNTech and China's Fosun Pharma arrived in Hong Kong on Saturday, the Global Times learned.
- China conditionally approves four self-developed COVID-19 vaccines: official People's Daily 27 Feb 2021 -- China has granted conditional market approval to four self-developed COVID-19 vaccines, Minister of Science and Technology Wang Zhigang said Friday.
- Hong Kong launches mass COVID-19 vaccination People's Daily 27 Feb 2021 -- Hong Kong started the COVID-19 vaccine rollout on Friday for priority groups, including medical workers and the aged, a week after the arrival of the first batch of mainland-made doses.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Feb 2021 -- The Chinese mainland reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases on Friday, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- 24 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 27 Feb 2021 -- A total of 24 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Friday, the National Health Commission said in a daily report Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 10 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Feb 2021 -- The Chinese mainland reported 10 new imported COVID-19 cases Friday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 4,984.
- China's transport capacity sufficient for shipping COVID-19 vaccines: ministry People's Daily 27 Feb 2021 -- China has sufficient refrigerated trucks and cold boxes to meet the transportation needs associated with COVID-19 vaccines, an official said on Friday.
- Annual production of Chinese single-shot COVID-19 vaccine can reach 500m PLA Daily 27 Feb 2021 -- Chinese company CanSino Biologics Inc. (CanSinoBIO) can produce an annual 500 million doses of its single-shot COVID-19 vaccine, said Chen Wei, a lead researcher of the CanSino vaccine, in an interview on Friday.
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak admits to 'enormous strains' to post-lockdown economy Press TV 27 Feb 2021 -- The Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, has warned of "enormous strains" in public finances in the post-lockdown era.
- Slovenia confirms first case of coronavirus variant identified in S. Africa People's Daily 27 Feb 2021 -- Slovenia has detected its first case of the coronavirus variant initially discovered in South Africa, Health Minister Janez Poklukar said here on Friday.
- Kerala, Maharashtra, Punjab, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat record an upsurge in Active Cases India PIB 27 Feb 2021 -- India's total Active Caseload has reached 1,59,590 today. India's present active caseload now stands at 1.44% of India's total Positive Cases.
- Cabinet Secretary Reviews the Surge in COVID cases in Telangana, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Punjab, J&K and West Bengal India PIB 27 Feb 2021 -- Cabinet Secretary Shri Rajiv Gauba chaired a high level review meeting with Chief Secretaries of States/UTs of Maharashtra, Punjab, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Private Sector Participation is being Scaled Up in COVID Vaccination India PIB 27 Feb 2021 -- Shri Rajesh Bhushan, Union Health Secretary today interacted with Health Secretaries and MDs (NHM) of States and UTs on the vaccination of age-appropriate groups through a video conference (VC) today.
- Official: Iran to take delivery of China's donated vaccines in coming days IRNA 27 Feb 2021 -- Head of Iran's Health Ministry Public Relations Office Kianoush Jahanpour on Saturday announced the loading and shipment of 250,000 doses of the coronavirus vaccine donated by the Chinese government to Iran.
- Razi COVID-19 vaccine to begin clinical trial: Minister IRNA 27 Feb 2021 -- Iran's Minister of Agricultural Jihad said on Saturday that the first and second phases of clinical trial of Razi COVID-19 vaccine will begin tomorrow.
- COVID-19 claims 81 lives in past 24 hours in Iran: Official IRNA 27 Feb 2021 -- Some 81 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 59,980, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday.
- People should observe protocols even in normal COVID-19 conditions: Rouhani IRNA 27 Feb 2021 -- Iran's President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday that even if the country wasn't going to be hit by the fourth peak of the pandemic, people should observe the protocols as the Persian New Year eve is looming.
- Iran to become major anti-corona vaccine producer: Minister IRNA 27 Feb 2021 -- Iranian Health Minister Saeed Namaki has said that the Iranian scientists are working round the clock to produce a reliable vaccine and hopefully, the country will become one of the biggest producers of anti-COVID19 vaccines.
- 338 New Confirmed Covid-19 Cases, 320 Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 27 Feb 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced, in a statement here today, that 338 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 377,061, including 2,562 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Taiwan confirms 3 new imported cases of COVID-19 CNA 27 Feb 2021 -- Taiwan reported three new imported cases of COVID-19 on Saturday involving arrivals from the United Kingdom, Vietnam and the Philippines, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- 'One person per residence' quarantine rule to be expanded from March 1 CNA 27 Feb 2021 -- The "one person per residence" rule currently applicable to all arrivals in Taiwan since mid-January will be expanded to include those who need to undergo self isolation after having contact with individuals found to have COVID-19, starting March 1, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced Saturday.
- Taiwan's COVID infection, death rates far below global average: CECC CNA 27 Feb 2021 -- Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC), the government body in charge of the nation's COVID-19 response, touted its efficacy in preventing the spread of coronavirus as it marked the one-year anniversary of its establishment Saturday.
- Taiwan releases priority list for receiving COVID-19 vaccine CNA 27 Feb 2021 -- Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Friday published its COVID-19 vaccination priority list, as it prepares to begin a national immunization campaign sometime during March.
- Argentina receives Chinese Sinopharm vaccines to combat COVID-19 People's Daily 27 Feb 2021 -- Argentina received its first batch of vaccines from Chinese pharmaceutical firm Sinopharm on Thursday night.
- Chile receives fourth batch of Chinese Sinovac vaccines against COVID-19 People's Daily 27 Feb 2021 -- Representatives of the Chilean government on Friday received a fourth shipment of vaccines from Chinese pharmaceutical firm Sinovac to continue the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Uruguayan president thanks China for providing COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 27 Feb 2021 -- Uruguayan President Luis Lacalle Pou on Friday thanked China for its support in providing COVID-19 vaccines.
- UAE Announces 3,434 New COVID-19 Cases in Last 24 Hours SPA 27 Feb 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced 3,434 new cases of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19), bringing the total number of recorded cases in the UAE to 388,594.
- Egypt Reports 601 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 27 Feb 2021 -- Egypt reported, during the past 24 hours, 601 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) as well as 49 deaths due to Covid-19 complications.
- Botswana Eases COVID Restrictions Despite Rising Death Toll VOA 27 Feb 2021 -- Botswana, which saw COVID-19 deaths surpass 300 this week, has lifted a ban on alcohol sales and eased curfew restrictions. But President Mokgweetsi Masisi extended an existing curfew.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|