13 February 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- McConnell on Impeachment: "Disgraceful Dereliction" Cannot Lead Senate to "Defy Our Own Constitutional Guardrails" Senator McConnell 13 Feb 2021 -- U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) delivered the following remarks today on the Senate floor regarding the impeachment trial:
- Pelosi Remarks at Press Availability Following Conclusion of Donald Trump's Impeachment Trial in the Senate Speaker of the US House Pelosi 13 Feb 2021 -- Speaker Nancy Pelosi joined House Impeachment Managers for a press availability following the conclusion of Donald Trump's impeachment trial in the Senate. Below are the Speaker's remarks:
- Statement by President Joe Biden on the Senate Vote in the Trial of Donald Trump The White House 13 Feb 2021
- US Senate fails to hold Trump accountable again Press TV 13 Feb 2021 -- The second impeachment trial of Donald Trump has come to an end with US senators voting to acquit the former president.
- US Senate Votes to Acquit Donald Trump on Charges of Inciting Insurrection Sputnik 13 Feb 2021 -- Donald Trump faced his second impeachment trial despite no longer being president â€“ an issue many GOP lawmakers raised as an objection ahead of the process. However, their attempts to block the case were unsuccessful and the trial proceeded over the course of five days when the sides presented their arguments and called witnesses.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Weekly Operationl Update WHO 13 Feb 2021
- Statement by National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan The White House 13 Feb 2021
- WHO Team Member: China Has Not Handed Over Vital Info on COVID-19 Outbreak VOA 13 Feb 2021 -- A member of the World Health Organization team that recently visited China to investigate the origins of the coronavirus told Reuters that China has not handed over data on 174 cases of the virus identified in the early phase of the outbreak in the city of Wuhan.
- White House Demands China Hand Over COVID-19 Data After WHO Discounts Lab Origin Sputnik 13 Feb 2021 -- US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan claimed the new administration rejected ex-president Donald Trump's shunning of the WHO â€” while echoing the criticisms of former secretary of state Mike Pompeo earlier this week.
- Wider probe on virus origins expected as WHO said all hypotheses are open Global Times 13 Feb 2021 -- Chinese experts and netizens called on the WHO to launch probe mission on the origins of virus in wider scale across the world, especially those with evidence of coronavirus found earlier than the outbreak in Wuhan, after the WHO said all hypotheses on the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic remained open following the visit to Wuhan for virus source probe.
- All hypotheses still open on coronavirus origins: WHO Press TV 13 Feb 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) says all hypotheses are still open in its search for the origins of the new coronavirus, although a team of its investigators quashed allegations that the virus escaped from a lab in China.
- More countries in LatAm, Asia and Europe give vote of confidence to Chinese vaccines Global Times 13 Feb 2021 -- As more countries in the Middle East, South Asia and Eastern Europe have cast a vote of confidence in China's COVID-19 vaccines, China has secured contracts for more than 500 million doses of vaccine from 16 countries and regions.
- Johnson contradicts scientific advice on lockdown easing Press TV 13 Feb 2021 -- Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, has struck an optimistic tone about the sequenced easing of the lockdown from late February onwards, despite warnings from leading scientists about a quick exit from coronavirus-related restrictions.
- Russia Reports 14,861 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 13 Feb 2021 -- Russia reported today 14,861 new COVID-19 cases, including 1,963 in Moscow, taking the national infection tally to 4,057,698 since the pandemic began, Reuters reported.
- Putin Says Russia Dealt With COVID19 Pandemic Better Than Other Countries Sputnik 13 Feb 2021 -- The initial foreign expectations were that Russia was not going to be able to withstand the coronavirus, but it turned out that it did better than other countries, Russian President Vladimir Putin said.
- India vaccinates close to 8 million beneficiaries against COVID19 in 28 days India PIB 13 Feb 2021 -- India has vaccinated close to 80 lakh beneficiaries in its fight against COVID19.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccination- Day 29 India PIB 13 Feb 2021 -- The cumulative number of healthcare and frontline workers vaccinated against COVID19 in the country has surpassed 80 lakh today.
- Iran Warns Of Fourth COVID Surge Due To Mutant Virus RFE/RL 13 Feb 2021 -- The Iranian health minister has warned about a fourth COVID-19 surge in Iran due to the spread of a mutated virus in his country.
- Official: COVID-19 claims 74 more lives in Iran IRNA 13 Feb 2021 -- Some 74 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 58,883, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday.
- President urges stricter COVID-19 border protocols IRNA 13 Feb 2021 -- President Hassan Rouhani on Saturday called for strict COVID-19 border protocols to ensure passengers coming to Iran carry no variants of corona virus.
- Observing all health protocols only way to defeating COVID-19: President Rouhani ISNA 13 Feb 2021 -- Iran's President described observing all health protocols as the only way to defeat coronavirus, and at the same time called on the relevant authorities to be more careful and sensitive to prevent the entry of mutated viruses into the country.
- South Korea Reports 362 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 13 Feb 2021 -- South Korea reported today 362 more COVID-19 cases, including 345 local infections, raising the total caseload to 83,199, according to the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA), Yonhap News Agency reported.
- 337 New Confirmed Covid-19 Cases, 356 Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 13 Feb 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced, in a statement here today, that 337 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 372,410, including 2,679 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Oxford University to Test AstraZeneca Vaccine Against COVID-19 in Children Sputnik 13 Feb 2021 -- The University of Oxford will test the efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccine it developed together with the UK-Swedish drugmaker AstraZeneca in children as young as six.
- UAE Announces 2,631 New Covid-19 Cases SPA 13 Feb 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced 2,631 new cases of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19), bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the UAE to 345,605.
- Egypt Reports 609 New Covid-19 Cases SPA 13 Feb 2021 -- Egyptian Ministry of Health and Population reported today 609 new cases of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19), bringing the total number of confirmed infections to 172,602.
- Tunisia Reports 977 More COVID-19 Cases SPA 13 Feb 2021 -- The Tunisian Ministry of Health reported 977 new cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19), during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of infections to 221,455.
- Government Urges Zimbabweans to Accept COVID-19 Vaccine VOA 13 Feb 2021 -- Zimbabwe's government is urging citizens to take part in a free, voluntary COVID-19 vaccination program starting "immediately," now that the country has received 200,000 doses donated by China. But some citizens remain skeptical.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|