07 February 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- DRC Confirms Ebola Death VOA 07 Feb 2021 -- The Democratic Republic of Congo reported Sunday that a woman has died of Ebola, three months after the country declared the end of the previous outbreak.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- U.S. records over 100,000 COVID-19 deaths in 2021 as vaccine rollout underway People's Daily 07 Feb 2021 -- More than 100,000 people in the United States have died of COVID-19 since Jan. 1 this year as the country are ramping up vaccine rollout, according to Johns Hopkins University (JHU) data.
- Hebei lowers COVID-19 alert in high-risk areas after outbreak effectively controlled Global Times 07 Feb 2021 -- North China's Hebei Province has lowered all COVID-19 high-risk alerts on Monday. Authorities announced on Sunday that the outbreak which began on January 2 has been effectively brought under control.
- Only one domestic COVID-19 case reported as China crushes flare-up ahead of Spring Festival Global Times 07 Feb 2021 -- A week before the annual Spring Festival celebrations, China has seen its recent anti-epidemic efforts pay off, with only one domestic COVID-19 case reported on Sunday. Multiple places including Beijing and Shanghai and Hebei Province, the most affected regions in the latest virus spike, all found zero new local cases on the day, which experts said is an indication the country has put sporadic outbreaks under control before Spring Festival.
- Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine granted conditional market approval in China People's Daily 07 Feb 2021 -- China's National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) on Friday granted conditional market approval to CoronaVac, an inactivated COVID-19 vaccine developed by Sinovac Biotech, the company said on Saturday.
- China serves as global vaccine provider with safest technique and firm governmental support Global Times 07 Feb 2021 -- Chinese companies are supporting global COVID-19 vaccine production chains regardless of cost and profit due to the strong governmental support they have received as well as their mature capacity in producing inactivated vaccines, while some countries with strong research and development as well as production capacity have been hesitating to invest in COVID-19 vaccines as much as China has, industry analysts said as China-manufactured materials for AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine arrived in Brazil.
- Chinese mainland reports 1 new locally transmitted COVID-19 case People's Daily 07 Feb 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 11 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases, including one locally transmitted, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Pakistani, Cambodian armies among the first to receive COVID-19 vaccines from PLA Global Times 07 Feb 2021 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) handed over batches of COVID-19 vaccines to the Pakistani and Cambodian militaries on Sunday, making the two the first foreign armies to receive vaccines provided by the Chinese military.
- Hungary Approves Russian Coronavirus Vaccine For Use RFE/RL 07 Feb 2021 -- Hungary has become the first European Union member to approve the Russian-developed Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine for general use.
- Russia's Sputnik V Vaccine Fully Approved for Use in Hungary, Minister Says Sputnik 07 Feb 2021 -- Hungarian Human Resources Minister Miklos Kasler said on Sunday that the national healthcare service centre had fully approved Russia's Sputnik V vaccine against COVID-19 for use in the European country.
- Russia Reports 16,048 New Coronavirus Cases, 432 Deaths SPA 07 Feb 2021 -- Russia reported 16,048 new COVID-19 cases across the country on Sunday, including 2,028 in Moscow, taking the national tally to 3,967,281 since the pandemic began, Reuters reported.
- Russia Refutes Lithuania's Criticism of Sputnik V, Stresses Vaccine's Global Recognition Sputnik 07 Feb 2021 -- Russia's coronavirus vaccine Sputnik V proved its effectiveness and was recognised at the international level, despite disinformation and biased statements from Western countries, the Russian Embassy in Lithuania said on Sunday in response to the recent critical statement by Lithuanian Prime Minister Ingrida Å imonytÄ—.
- India is now 3rd Topmost Country with Highest Doses of COVID19 Vaccine administered India PIB 07 Feb 2021 -- India has scaled another global peak in its fight against COVID19.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccination-Day 23 India PIB 07 Feb 2021 -- The number of healthcare and frontline workers vaccinated against COVID19 has crossed the 58L mark on the twenty third day of the countrywide COVID-19 vaccination program. India is now the third topmost country with the highest doses of COVID19 vaccine administered, after USA and the UK.
- Chinese PLA provides COVID-19 vaccine to Pakistani military PLA Daily 07 Feb 2021 -- In order to implement President Xi Jinping's important declaration on China's COVID-19 vaccine as a global public good, at the request of the Pakistani military, the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) delivered a batch of COVID-19 vaccine to the Pakistani military on February 7, according to a written statement by China's Ministry of National Defense on Sunday.
- PLA provides COVID-19 vaccines to Pakistani army PLA Daily 07 Feb 2021 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) on Sunday delivered a batch of COVID-19 vaccines to the Pakistani army at their request, according to an official statement from the PLA.
- PLA provides COVID-19 vaccines to Pakistani army PLA Daily 07 Feb 2021 -- In order to implement President Xi Jinping's important declaration on China's COVID-19 vaccine as a global public good, at the request of the Cambodian military, the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) delivered a batch of COVID-19 vaccine to the Cambodian military on February 7, according to a written statement by China's Ministry of National Defense on Sunday.
- Iran's Razi Covo-Pars vaccine complies with WHO instructions: Minister IRNA 07 Feb 2021 -- Iran's Razi Covo-Pars vaccine (first injectable-inhalable vaccine of COVID-19 recombinant protein) made by Razi Vaccine and Serum Research Institute (RVSRI) has been produced using World Health Organization's instructions, said Iran's Minister of Agriculture Kazem Khavazi on Sunday.
- Some 57 deaths caused by COVID-19 in Iran IRNA 07 Feb 2021 -- Some 57 deaths were caused by COVID-19 in Iran over the past 24 hours, spokeswoman for Iran's Ministry of Health and Medical Education Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday.
- Iran to begin COVID-19 vaccination on Tuesday, health minister IRNA 07 Feb 2021 -- Iran is going to begin COVID-19 vaccination as of Tuesday, Minister of Health Saeed Namaki said on Sunday.
- Deputy health minister: Iran, Russia to cooperate in COVID-19 vaccine production Press TV 07 Feb 2021 -- A delegation from Iran's Health Ministry headed by a deputy health minister has arrived in Moscow to discuss cooperation between the two sides in a variety of health-related areas, particularly the co-production of Russia's coronavirus vaccine.
- Iran unveils second homegrown COVID-19 vaccine Press TV 07 Feb 2021 -- Iran has launched the first phase in the human trial of its second COVID-19 vaccine developed by the Razi Vaccine and Serum Research Institute.
- South Korea Reports 372 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 07 Feb 2021 -- South Korea reported 372 more Covid-19 cases, in the past 24 hours, including 326 local infections, raising the total number of confirmed infections to 80,896, according to the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA), Yonhap News Agency reported.
- As many as 317 New Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Saudi Arabia, says Health Ministry Spokesman SPA 07 Feb 2021 -- Official Spokesman of the Ministry of Health Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdulaali said in a press conference here today that 317 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 370,278 cases, including 2,361 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 408 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable, he said.
- Taiwan reports 3 new imported COVID-19 cases, no new local infections CNA 07 Feb 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday confirmed three new imported cases of COVID-19, but recorded no additional domestic infections, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Canada's COVID-19 cases surpass 800,000 People's Daily 07 Feb 2021 -- Canada's cumulative COVID-19 cases surpassed 800,000 as of Saturday noon, with the total hitting 800,348, including 20,680 deaths, according to CTV.
- Peruvian president to receive China-developed COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 07 Feb 2021 -- Peruvian President Francisco Sagasti will be the first to receive a COVID-19 vaccine developed by Chinese laboratory Sinopharm in his country, Minister of Health Pilar Mazzetti said on Saturday.
- Cambodia receives first batch of China's COVID-19 vaccine donations PLA Daily 07 Feb 2021 -- The Cambodian government on Sunday received the first batch of COVID-19 vaccines donated by the Chinese government.
- UAE Announces 3,093 New Covid-19 Cases, 4,678 Recoveries, 7 Deaths in Last 24 Hours SPA 07 Feb 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced that it conducted 192,241 additional novel coronavirus (Covid-19) tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment, WAM News Agency reported today.
- Brazil Reports 50,630 new COVID Cases, 978 Deaths SPA 07 Feb 2021 -- Brazil has had 50,630 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus reported in the past 24 hours, and 978 deaths from COVID-19, the health ministry said on Saturday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|