05 February 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Washington Security Forces Brace for Trump Impeachment Trial VOA 05 Feb 2021 -- Security and police forces in and around Washington will be operating at what they describe as "a high-level of readiness" as the impeachment trial for former President Donald Trump gets underway next week, worried the event could serve as a flashpoint for American extremists still angry over the outcome of the presidential election.
- DOD Stand-Down to Address Extremism in the Ranks DoD 05 Feb 2021 -- Today, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III signed a memo directing commanding officers and supervisors at all levels to select a date within the next 60 days to conduct a one-day "stand-down" to discuss extremism in the ranks with their personnel.
- Iran: Belgium sentenced diplomat under MKO terror cult's influence, violates intl. law Press TV 05 Feb 2021 -- The Foreign Ministry strongly condemns a 20-year jail term issued in Belgium against an Iranian diplomat as completely unlawful and a result of the European country's falling under the Mujahedin-e-Khalq (MKO) anti-Iran terrorist cult's influence.
- FM spox condemns Belgian court's verdict against Iranian diplomat IRNA 04 Feb 2021 -- Spokesman of Ministry of Foreign Affairs Saeed Khatibzadeh condemned the Belgian court's decision to issue a 20-year prison sentence for Iranian diplomat Assadollah Asadi.
- Steps Taken for Control of Bird FLU India PIB 05 Feb 2021 -- The strains of Bird Flu detected so far are H5N1, H5N8 and H5. National Institute of High Security Animal Disease (NIHSAD), Bhopal is conducting laboratory testing for bird flu in meat products in the country.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO Calls for Drug Companies to Share Vaccine-Making Facilities VOA 05 Feb 2021 -- The head of the World Health Organization called Friday for pharmaceutical companies to share manufacturing facilities to increase the production of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Unless COVID is suppressed everywhere, we'll be 'back at square one', Tedros warns UN News 05 Feb 2021 -- The number of people who have received a COVID-19 vaccination now exceeds those reportedly infected, the head of the UN's health agency said on Friday, while warning that after inoculating their own health workers and older people, countries must share doses with others, to eradicate the deadly coronavirus.
- Global Coronavirus Infections Reach 104M with 2.2M Deaths VOA 05 Feb 2021 -- The Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center reported early Friday that there are more than 104 million global GOVID-19 cases and 2.2 million deaths from the virus.
- WHO: COVID-19 Vaccination Inequities Becoming Apparent VOA 05 Feb 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday that 75% of all COVID-19 vaccinations worldwide have been given in just 10 countries, while nearly 130 nations have not given a single vaccination.
- Pentagon Press Secretary Updates Reporters on DOD Operations DoD 05 Feb 2021 -- Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Announces Opening of Mass Vaccination Site at Yankee Stadium New York State 05 Feb 2021
- Chinese mainland reports single-digit daily COVID-19 cases 1st time in more than a month, 'likely to see zero increase by Spring Festival' Global Times 05 Feb 2021 -- China has brought down the number of daily domestic COVID-19 cases to a single digit on the mainland on Friday for the first time in more than a month since the latest sporadic outbreaks across the country, five days ahead of the Chinese Lunar New Year.
- China to offer COVID-19 vaccines at fair, reasonable price: Chinese FM Global Times 05 Feb 2021 -- China will offer the world its COVID-19 vaccines at fair, reasonable prices, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
- Chinese vaccines build solid wall of defense against COVID-19 People's Daily 05 Feb 2021 -- The inactivated COVID-19 vaccine produced by China National Biotec Group (CNBG), an affiliated company of Sinopharm, was approved by China's National Medical Products Administration on Dec. 30 last year.
- China donates COVID-19 vaccines to Iraq; Iran, Palestine receive 1st batch of Russian COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 05 Feb 2021 -- China has donated 50,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Iraq, the Chinese embassy in Baghdad said on Thursday. Meanwhile, both Iran and Palestine received the first batch of Russia's Sputnik V vaccine.
- Chinese mainland reports 6 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 05 Feb 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 20 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases, including six locally transmitted, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Hungary May Begin Use Of Russia's Sputnik V Vaccine Next Week RFE/RL 05 Feb 2021 -- Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban has said his country may start inoculating people with the Sputnik V vaccine against COVID-19 next week, while the European Union's top diplomat expressed hope that the bloc would grant regulatory approval for the Russian-made vaccine.
- Hungary May Start Injecting Russia's Sputnik V Coronavirus Vaccine Next Week, Reports Say Sputnik 05 Feb 2021 -- Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban said on Friday that his country might begin using Russia's vaccine against the coronavirus Sputnik V next week, media reported.
- Spain Reports 29,960 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 05 Feb 2021 -- Spain reported 29,960 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, and 432 death during the past 24 hours.
- Russian coronavirus vaccine 'good news for mankind,' EU's Borrell says Press TV 05 Feb 2021 -- Josep Borrell, the foreign policy chief of the European Union, says the success of Russia's Sputnik-V coronavirus vaccine is "good news for the whole of mankind."
- India's total Active Cases less than Total Deaths; Active Cases slide further down to 1.51 lakh India PIB 05 Feb 2021 -- India's total active caseload continues to follow a consistent downward slide.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccination India PIB 05 Feb 2021 -- The countrywide COVID-19 vaccination program was conducted successfully on the twenty-first day as well.
- Impact of Covid on Persons With Critical Health Issues India PIB 05 Feb 2021 -- As per the latest 'Sankalak: Status of National AIDS Response' (2020) report of the Government, around 5.56 lakh HIV/AIDS cases have been reported in last three years under HIV testing and counseling services of National AIDS Control Programme in country.
- Launch of Covid Vaccine India PIB 05 Feb 2021 -- The COVID-19 vaccination has been rolled out in the country from 16th January 2021 in a phased manner starting with prioritised groups of Health Care Workers and Front Line Workers. The roll-out of COVID-19 vaccine is being done simultaneously across all States and UTs.
- Some 80 deaths caused by COVID-19 in Iran IRNA 05 Feb 2021 -- Some 80 deaths were caused by COVID-19 in Iran over the past 24 hours, spokeswoman for Iran's Ministry of Health and Medical Education Sima Sadat Lari said on Friday.
- Iran purchased two million doses of Sputnik-V vaccine for COVID-19: Official Press TV 05 Feb 2021 -- Head of Iran's Food and Drug Administration Mohammad Reza Shanehsaz says the country has purchased 2 million doses of Russia's Sputnik-V COVID-19 vaccine, whose first shipment arrived in Iran on Thursday.
- South Korea Reports 370 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 05 Feb 2021 -- South Korea reported today 370 more COVID-19 cases, including 351 local infections, raising the total caseload to 80,131, according to the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA), Yonhap News Agency reported.
- 327 New Confirmed Covid-19 Cases, 257 Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 05 Feb 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced, in a statement here today, that 327 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 369,575, including 2,228 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Taiwan reports 1 new domestic, 3 imported COVID-19 cases CNA 05 Feb 2021 -- Taiwan on Friday reported one new domestically transmitted case of COVID-19 and three imported cases of the disease, according to the latest update on the pandemic from the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Cambodia to launch COVID-19 inoculation drive on Feb 10 with Chinese vaccines Global Times 05 Feb 2021 -- Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen said on Friday that an inoculation drive against COVID-19 will start from Feb 10 after the first batch of China-donated Sinopharm vaccines is due to arrive in the kingdom on Sunday.
- Cambodia to launch COVID-19 inoculation drive on Feb. 10 with Chinese vaccines People's Daily 05 Feb 2021 -- Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen said on Friday that an inoculation drive against COVID-19 will start from Feb. 10 after the first batch of China-donated Sinopharm vaccines is due to arrive in the kingdom on Sunday.
- WHO says Africa to receive 90 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses in February Global Times 05 Feb 2021 -- Nearly 90 million COVID-19 vaccine doses negotiated through the COVAX facility will be shipped in Africa beginning from February, a senior World Health Organization (WHO) official said Thursday.
- Dispatch of millions of COVID-19 vaccines to Africa expected to start in February: WHO UN News 05 Feb 2021 -- The joint UN-led COVAX initiative aims to start shipping about 90 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to Africa in February, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Thursday. The immunization roll out will be the continent's largest ever mass vaccination campaign.
- UAE Reports 3251 New Covid-19 Cases SPA 05 Feb 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) reported 3251 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), bringing the total number of the infections to 320,126.
- Brazil Plans to Procure 10Mln Doses of Russia's Sputnik V COVID Vaccine Sputnik 05 Feb 2021 -- The Brazilian government intends to purchase 10 million doses of Russia's coronavirus vaccine Sputnik V, executive secretary of the Latin American country's Ministry of Health Elcio Franco said on Friday.
- Lebanese Health Ministry Approves Use of Russian Vaccine Sputnik V, Reports Suggest Sputnik 05 Feb 2021 -- A scientific commission under the Lebanese Health Ministry approved the use of Russian vaccine Sputnik V, Lebanese national agency NNA reported.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|