05 December 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Appeals court reverses ruling against Trump taking military money for border wall Press TV 05 Dec 2020 -- A federal appeals court has reversed a judge ruling blocking an attempt by US President Donald Trump to reallocate Pentagon's money on a border wall.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO calls for sustained efforts to control COVID-19 transmission People's Daily 05 Dec 2020 -- The COVID-19 pandemic has not settled down into a predictable pattern, as the situation of transmission and cases in different countries varies a lot, said an expert from World Health Organization (WHO) on Friday, noting there's no one-size-fits-all solution globally.
- U.S. sets record of 225,201 COVID-19 cases in one day: Johns Hopkins University People's Daily 05 Dec 2020 -- The United States on Friday registered a record 225,201 new COVID-19 infections within 24 hours, with the national caseload surpassing 14.19 million and the death toll topping 276,00, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- U.S. San Francisco to adopt California's regional stay-at-home order to contain COVID-19 People's Daily 05 Dec 2020 -- U.S. San Francisco Mayor London Breed announced on Friday that the city will join counties across the Bay Area to impose significant restrictions across the region to mitigate the current surge in COVID-19 cases.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 05 Dec 2020
- Hong Kong reports increasing untraceable infections amid new COVID-19 wave Global Times 05 Dec 2020 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported 112 additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Friday, the third day with over 100 new cases in the past seven days, taking its total tally to 6,701.
- Chinese vice premier underlines progress in COVID-19 vaccine development People's Daily 05 Dec 2020 -- Vice Premier Sun Chunlan on Wednesday said China has achieved major progress in the research and development of COVID-19 vaccines, with five vaccines having entered phase-III clinical trials.
- Serbian Orthodox Church Head Hospitalized For COVID-19 One Month After Predecessor Died RFE/RL 05 Dec 2020 -- The acting head of the Serbian Orthodox Church was hospitalized on December 4 after testing positive for the coronavirus, the church's information service said.
- France Reports Fall in Daily COVID Hospital Deaths on Saturday SPA 05 Dec 2020 -- French health authorities reported a further fall in daily hospital deaths from COVID-19 today, on Saturday and said the total number of hospital admissions due to the disease had also declined over the past 24 hours, Reuters reported.
- Italy reports 662 COVID-19 deaths on Saturday, 21,052 new cases SPA 05 Dec 2020 -- Italy reported 662 coronavirus-related deaths on Saturday against 814 the day before, the health ministry said, while the daily tally of new infections fell to 21,052 from 24,099, Reuters reported.
- Moscow: All Russia's regions will join vaccination campaign against COVID-19 by end of next week Press TV 05 Dec 2020 -- Russia says all of its regions will join the vaccination campaign against the COVID-19 disease by the end of next week, as infected cases have surged in the country since September but Moscow has resisted imposing a touch lockdown.
- Russia Begins Coronavirus Vaccination Program VOA 05 Dec 2020 -- Russia launched its coronavirus vaccine initiative Saturday to contain the disease that is spreading at a record pace.
- Russian Health Ministry Sets Maximum Wholesale Price for Sputnik V at $26 for 2 Doses Sputnik 05 Dec 2020 -- The Russian Health Ministry has registered the maximum wholesale price for the Sputnik V vaccine against COVID-19 at 1,942 rubles ($26) for two doses, Alexey Kuznetsov, an aide to the Russian health minister, said on Saturday.
- Moscow Begins Mass COVID-19 Vaccination, With Doctors, Teachers First In Line RFE/RL 05 Dec 2020 -- Moscow has begun distributing the domestically developed vaccine Sputnik V via 70 clinics across the city, authorities said, marking Russia's first mass immunization against COVID-19.
- Sustained decline of Active Caseload continues; drops below 4.10 Lakh after 136 days India PIB 05 Dec 2020 -- India's total Active Caseload has dropped below 4.10 lakh (4,09,689) today. This is the lowest after 136 days. The total active cases were 4,11,133, on 22nd July, 2020.
- Some 321 more Iranians die from COVID-19 IRNA 05 Dec 2020 -- Some 321 people in Iran have died from COVID-19 disease over the past 24 hours, Iranian Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday.
- Iranian hospitals equipped with homemade ventilators: Official IRNA 05 Dec 2020 -- The head of the Strategic Technologies Center said on Saturday that Iranian hospitals have been equipped with domestically-developed ventilators and coronavirus diagnostic kits.
- Iran to authorize exports for key COVID-19 equipment: Minister Press TV 05 Dec 2020 -- Iran's minister of industries says the country faces an oversupply of key equipment needed to battle COVID-19, the disease caused by coronaviurs, saying his ministry plans to authorize exports of those items in the near future.
- South Korea Reports 583 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 05 Dec 2020 -- The daily number of new coronavirus cases in South Korea fell back to below 600 on Saturday, Yonhap News Agency reported.
- Health Ministry: 190 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 324 Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 05 Dec 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement here today that 190 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 358,526, including 4,010 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Taiwan reports 3 new imported COVID-19 cases CNA 05 Dec 2020 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported three additional imported COVID-19 cases, bringing the total to 693 since the pandemic broke out at the end of last year, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Canada's COVID-19 cases surpass 400,000 People's Daily 05 Dec 2020 -- Canada reported 3,763 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, bringing the national total to 400,031, according to CTV.
- Kyrgyzstan Lifts COVID-19 Foreigner Entry Ban At Airports RFE/RL 05 Dec 2020 -- Kyrgyzstan has announced it is lifting coronavirus restrictions to allow citizens of foreign countries entry to the Central Asian nation.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|