21 November 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Mexico agreed to nab cartel leader to secure release of ex-minister: Report Press TV 21 Nov 2020 -- Mexico reportedly struck a deal with the US to arrest a high-level cartel leader in return for a move by Washington to drop drug trafficking charges against a Mexican ex-defense minister and release him.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Worldwide coronavirus cases cross 57.7 million, death toll at 1,375,170 SPA 21 Nov 2020 -- More than 57.7 million people have been reported to be infected by the novel coronavirus globally and 1,375,170 have died, according to a Reuters tally.
- G-20 Countries to Pledge Fair Access to Coronavirus Vaccine at Virtual Summit VOA 21 Nov 2020 -- The pandemic and the twin crisis of economic recession dominated the first day of the two-day virtual summit of the top 20 industrial and emerging-market countries. It concludes Sunday under host Saudi Arabia.
- FDA Approves Antibody Therapy as US Passes 12 Million Cases VOA 21 Nov 2020 -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Saturday authorized the emergency use of a COVID-19 antibody therapy that President Donald Trump said helped cure him of the disease caused by the coronavirus.
- US Tops 12 Million Coronavirus Infections VOA 21 Nov 2020 -- The Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center reported Saturday that the U.S. had passed the 12 million mark in COVID-19 cases.
- COVID-19 vaccine unlikely to be a cure-all for the US, as political rift continues to hamper response: observers Global Times 21 Nov 2020 -- Maps tracking new coronavirus infection cases in the US were a blanket of red on Friday, indicating an alarming and rapid spread in every US state, showing an increasingly dire picture across the country.
- US adds 1 mln COVID-19 cases in 7 days Global Times 21 Nov 2020 -- The United States reported more than one million new COVID-19 cases over the past week, a 26 percent increase over the previous week, according to latest data of the COVID Tracking Project.
- Trump's eldest son tests positive for coronavirus People's Daily 21 Nov 2020 -- Donald Trump Jr., U.S. President Donald Trump's eldest son, has tested positive for the coronavirus, local media reported on Friday.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 21 Nov 2020
- Chinese border city to test all residents, close schools after reporting new local COVID-19 cases Global Times 21 Nov 2020 -- Starting Saturday, all transfer flight services via Hohhot, capital of North China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, in Manzhouli airports have been suspended. Earlier in the day, two #COVID19 cases were reported in Manzhouli, a Chinese city bordering Mongolia and Russia.
- Shanghai hospital locked down after caregiver tests positive for coronavirus Global Times 21 Nov 2020 -- The Shanghai Pudong Hospital has suspended its outpatient and emergency services and has been locked down, after a caregiver was confirmed on Friday to have been infected with the coronavirus, Shanghai's health authority told a press conference on Saturday.
- Inner Mongolia reports 2 local transmitted COVID-19 cases, both in Manzhouli Global Times 21 Nov 2020 -- North China's Inner Mongolia reported two locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in the region's Manzhouli city on Saturday. Epidemiological investigation and screening work over close contacts are underway.
- Shanghai's recent COVID-19 cases show risk of imported cases in winter and spring Global Times 21 Nov 2020 -- The coronavirus will become a resident virus and it is very probable new outbreak peaks in the global pandemic will surface if each country does not take strong preventive measures, while the critical elements in the successful containment of the sporadic cases under the new normal are preciseness, swiftness, and measures in advance, Zhang Wenhong, a prominent Chinese infectious disease expert, pointed out after two new COVID-19 cases were confirmed in Shanghai on Friday.
- Hong Kong tightens social distancing measures on surging COVID-19 cases Global Times 21 Nov 2020 -- Hong Kong has moved to strengthen social distancing measures in response to a rebound in confirmed COVID-19 cases, with the chief executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) describing the situation as "fairly severe."
- Tianjin reports 5 new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 21 Nov 2020 -- Five new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases were confirmed in north China's Tianjin Municipality on Friday, local authorities said Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 7 new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 21 Nov 2020 -- China's National Health Commission said Saturday that it received reports of 16 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Friday, including seven domestically transmitted and nine imported.
- Shanghai reports two new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 21 Nov 2020 -- Shanghai reported two new confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases on Friday, local authorities said.
- China ready to increase global COVID-19 vaccine cooperation: Xi Press TV 21 Nov 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping says his country is ready to increase global COVID-19 vaccine cooperation, and calls for better international coordination on policies to facilitate the movement of people.
- Top EU officials urge caution about lifting restrictions amid second wave of COVID-19 People's Daily 21 Nov 2020 -- Top European Union (EU) officials have underscored the need to be more cautious about lifting restrictions amid the second wave of COVID-19 infections.
- India crosses a Landmark Milestone in Testing with more than 13 cr tests India PIB 21 Nov 2020 -- India has crossed yet another landmark milestone in the fight against the global pandemic. Keeping in line with its commitment to conduct more than one million tests every day, 10,66,022 samples were tested in the last 24 hours which has increased India's total cumulative tests to 13,06,57,808.
- Iran launches cash handout scheme covering 30 mln for four months Press TV 21 Nov 2020 -- The Iranian government has launched a comprehensive cash handout scheme covering 30 million people for the next four months amid a fresh round of nationwide restrictions on economic activity which are meant to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
- Health Ministry: 221 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 478 Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 21 Nov 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement here today that 221 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 355,034, including 6,391 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Price of government-rationed face masks to be lowered next year CNA 21 Nov 2020 -- The price of surgical face masks sold through the government's rationing program will be lowered beginning next year, the head of Taiwan's Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said Saturday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|