14 November 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Iran rejects US media report on killing of senior al-Qaeda leader in Tehran Press TV 14 Nov 2020 -- Iran has categorically dismissed a US media report that one of the top leaders of the al-Qaeda terrorist group had been secretly killed by Washington-directed Israeli agents in the capital, Tehran.
- Iran dismisses claim about assassination of al-Qaeda official in Tehran IRNA 14 Nov 2020 -- Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh on Saturday rejected the false news of the presence of al-Qaeda members in Iran and refused certain media reports claiming that one official of the terrorist group was assassinated in Iran.
- Iran dismisses report on killing of al-Qaeda element in Iran ISNA 14 Nov 2020 -- Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Saeed Khatibzadeh categorically denied media reports about the killing of an official of al-Qaeda terrorist group in Iran.
- Al-Qaeda's No. 2 Reportedly Killed In Secret Operation In Iran RFE/RL 14 Nov 2020 -- Al-Qaeda's second-highest leader, accused of orchestrating the deadly 1998 bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa, was killed by Israeli agents in Iran in August, The New York Times reported.
- Israeli Operatives Reportedly Killed in Iran One of Al-Qaeda Leaders Linked to 1998 Attacks Sputnik 14 Nov 2020 -- Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah, who was also known as Abu Muhammad al-Masri, was considered first in line to take over al-Qaeda* after its current leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri.
- German prosecutors charge 12 with plot to attack mosques, kill Muslims Press TV 14 Nov 2020 -- Twelve men in Germany have been charged with hatching a well-funded plot to stage armed attacks on mosques with the intent of killing or injuring as many Muslims as possible, say German prosecutors.
- Pakistan Claims 'Irrefutable Evidence' of Indian Links to Terrorism on Pakistani Soil VOA 14 Nov 2020 -- Pakistan has accused rival India of running dozens of training camps in Afghanistan for multiple globally outlawed militant groups to plot terrorism on Pakistani soil to destabilize the country.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Updates New Yorkers on State's Progress During COVID-19 Pandemic New York State 14 Nov 2020
- Trump promises vaccine to all Americans, except New Yorkers Press TV 14 Nov 2020 -- US President Donald Trump has announced that a coronavirus vaccine will soon be available for the entire country, except New York, prompting Governor Andrew Cuomo to accuse the president of taking personal revenge on the state for political reasons.
- Masks Protect the Wearer, Not Just Others, CDC Says VOA 14 Nov 2020 -- There are more reasons than ever to wear a mask, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 14 Nov 2020
- 24 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 14 Nov 2020 -- The National Health Commission said Saturday that 24 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Friday.
- China finds coronavirus on inner packaging of shrimp imported from Saudi Arabia Press TV 14 Nov 2020 -- China says it has detected the new coronavirus on the inner packaging of a batch of shrimp imported from Saudi Arabia, as it steps up testing of frozen foods to completely eliminate the epidemic in the mainland.
- Coronavirus infections in prisons increase sharply in October Press TV 14 Nov 2020 -- Coronavirus infections are reportedly rampant across the UK prison service, but particularly in England and Wales.
- UK Reports 26,860 New COVID Cases on Saturday, 462 Deaths SPA 14 Nov 2020 -- Britain reported 26,860 new cases of coronavirus today, on Saturday, down from 27,301 on Friday and the lowest number since Wednesday, according to Reuters.
- New COVID-19 Cases and Deaths Rise Sharply in France SPA 14 Nov 2020 -- The number of confirmed new COVID-19 cases and deaths in France rose sharply in the last 24 hours, Reuters cited French health ministry data as publishing today, on Saturday.
- Putin Says Dozens of Nations Expressed Willingness to Acquire Russian COVID-19 Vaccines Sputnik 14 Nov 2020 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin said Saturday that dozens of countries had expressed willingness to acquire Russia-developed COVID-19 vaccines.
- India's Active Caseload further contracts to 4.8 Lakhs India PIB 14 Nov 2020 -- Registering a four-day streak of less than 5 lakh active cases, India's active caseload has shrunk to 4,80,719 as on date. The share of Active Cases in the total Positive Cases has further decreased to 5.48%.
- Iran to implement tighter restrictions as of next Saturday amid COVID-19 rise: President Rouhani Press TV 14 Nov 2020 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says a plan to impose severe restrictions will be implemented across the country as of next Saturday to minimize gatherings and traffic in a bid to halt a surge in the number of coronavirus infections and related deaths.
- Human trial of 2 Iranian coronavirus vaccines begins IRNA 14 Nov 2020 -- Spokesman of Iran's Food and Drug Administration on Saturday announced commencement of human clinical trials at least two Iranian vaccines.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 452 more in Iran IRNA 14 Nov 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday that some 452 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours.
- Rouhani: New COVID19 restrictions to be placed as of Nov 21 IRNA 14 Nov 2020 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani announced here on Saturday that new restrictions will be imposed across the country as of next week to cope with the pandemic.
- Iran To Further Tighten Coronavirus Restrictions RFE/RL 14 Nov 2020 -- Iran's President Hassan Rohani says stricter coronavirus restrictions will be imposed in the country starting November 21.
- Health Ministry: 349 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 379 New Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 14 Nov 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement here today that 349 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 352,950, including 7,362 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Taiwan's COVID-19 cases hit 600 with confirmation of 3 new ones CNA 14 Nov 2020 -- Taiwan on Saturday confirmed three new imported cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number in the country to 600 since the pandemic began, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Ukrainian President Defends Partial Lockdown While Recuperating From Coronavirus Infection RFE/RL 14 Nov 2020 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has said that a short-term quarantine, introduced amid a record surge in coronavirus cases, could help the country avoid stricter measures.
- Brazil Registers 29,070 New Cases of Coronavirus SPA 14 Nov 2020 -- Brazil today, on Friday registered 29,070 new cases of the coronavirus, Reuters cited the Brazilian Health Ministry as saying, bringing the total to 5,810,652.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|