06 November 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- DOD Works With U.S. Agencies, International Partners to Halt Illicit Drug Flow DoD News 06 Nov 2020 -- The administration's National Drug Control Strategy continues to focus on halting drug trafficking and the use of illicit drugs, said a Defense Department official.
- Portland Resident Indicted for Providing Material Support to ISIS US Dept. of Justice 06 Nov 2020 -- The Department of Justice announced that a federal grand jury in Portland returned a five count indictment against Portland resident Hawazen Sameer Mothafar, 31, charging two counts of conspiracy to provide material support to a designated terrorist organization and one count of providing and attempting to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 2339B(a)(1).
- France's Macron announces border control beef-up, calls for Schengen overhaul Global Times 06 Nov 2020 -- France has decided to double its forces of border control to fight against the terrorist threat, President Emmanuel Macron said on Thursday.
- Russia says ready to aid European counter-terrorism Global Times 06 Nov 2020 -- Russia is ready to help other European countries in the fight against terrorism, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said Thursday.
- Five Alleged Members Of Banned Hizb Ut-Tahrir Islamic Group Arrested In Tatarstan RFE/RL 06 Nov 2020 -- Five alleged members of the Hizb ut-Tahrir Islamic group, labeled as extremist and banned in Russia, have been detained in Russia's Republic of Tatarstan.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Weekly Update WHO 06 Nov 2020
- COVID-19 Restrictions Led to Polio, Measles Outbreaks VOA 06 Nov 2020 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) warned Friday the COVID-19 pandemic's restrictions and demands on resources have stifled immunization programs, leading to polio and measles outbreaks among children in the poorest parts of the world.
- This Week in Operation Warp Speed - Nov. 6, 2020 DoD 06 Nov 2020 -- Below is a compilation of initiatives, actions and accomplishments across Operation Warp Speed (OWS)'s primary efforts in the past week. To learn more about OWS, visit the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) website and Department of Defense (DOD) website.
- Tennessee National Guard suprasses half-million COVID-19 tests Army News 06 Nov 2020 -- The Tennessee National Guard reached a milestone this week in COVID-19 testing. Since the pandemic, Soldiers and Airmen have administered over 500,000 COVID-19 tests to citizens throughout Tennessee.
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Announces Updated COVID-19 Micro-Cluster Focus Zones New York State 06 Nov 2020
- US Hits New Daily High of Coronavirus Cases VOA 06 Nov 2020 -- A record high 121,888 new coronavirus cases were reported in the United States Thursday, the third record-setting day this week, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 06 Nov 2020
- Entry restriction policies protect both Chinese residents and intl travelers: FM Global Times 06 Nov 2020 -- China's Foreign Ministry on Friday explained that the new policies restricting entry for certain international visitors is a decision made based on the recent spike in imported cases in October as well as pressure on preventing the spread of COVID-19 domestically after China suspended entry for non-Chinese nationals from some countries.
- China suspends entry from more countries in face of severe pandemic resurgence Global Times 06 Nov 2020 -- China has decided to suspend the entry of non-Chinese nationals from 10 countries including Italy, Russia, and India due to the worldwide coronavirus resurgence, and public health experts noted further restrictions and stricter policies could come if the pandemic does not ebb overseas.
- France Posts Record 60,486 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 06 Nov 2020 -- France registered a record 60,486 new confirmed coronavirus cases today, on Friday, after posting a record 58,046 on Thursday, Reuters cited health ministry data as showing.
- Month-long coronavirus lockdown in England enough to "make a real impact": PM People's Daily 06 Nov 2020 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Thursday said that the month-long lockdown in England, which came into force earlier in the day, is enough to "make a real impact" and will end on Dec. 2 as planned.
- Denmark Starts Lockdown, Millions of Minks Culled Due to COVID Mutation VOA 06 Nov 2020 -- A lockdown in Denmark began Friday as officials ordered millions of minks - farmed for their fur - to be destroyed after a mutated variation of COVID-19 was discovered on more than 200 farms in the region.
- Poland Sets Record for Daily COVID-19 Cases VOA 06 Nov 2020 -- Health officials in Poland reported a record number of coronavirus-related deaths on Friday as the first treatments began for patients at a makeshift hospital in the country's national stadium.
- Greece Orders Nationwide COVID-19 Lockdown VOA 06 Nov 2020 -- Greece has ordered a three-week nationwide lockdown to help contain a dramatic resurgence of COVID-19 infections. It is the second shutdown this year after a sudden surge in infections this week.
- 16 Million Italians Begin Lockdown as Death Toll Hits Six-month High VOA 06 Nov 2020 -- In parts of Italy, 16 million people went into lockdown Friday as the country moved to prevent another wave of coronavirus in hard-hit areas despite stiff opposition from local authorities.
- Russia Sets New Daily Record of COVID Cases VOA 06 Nov 2020 -- Russia reported 20,582 new COVID cases Friday, a record daily high.
- New Recoveries exceed New Cases continuously from last 5 weeks India PIB 06 Nov 2020 -- Less than 50,000 new cases have been reported in the country in the last 24 hours whereas the daily new recoveries have exceeded 54,000. India is reporting new recoveries more than the daily new cases successively for the last five weeks now.
- As Pakistan Braces For Second Wave, Health Officials Warn More Measures Needed RFE/RL Gandhara 06 Nov 2020 -- Despite declaring victory in flattening the curve of coronavirus infections in early September, Pakistan is now bracing for a second wave of the pandemic as numbers are starting to rise since lockdown measures were lifted in August.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 424 more in Iran IRNA 06 Nov 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Friday that some 424 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours.
- Health Ministry: 436 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 465 New Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 06 Nov 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement here today that 436 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 349,822, including 7,783 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Taiwan records four new imported case of COVID-19 CNA 06 Nov 2020 -- Taiwan confirmed four new imported cases of COVID-19 on Friday, bringing the total number in the country to 573 since the outbreak began at the end of last year, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said.
- Africa's COVID-19 cases rise SPA 06 Nov 2020 -- The number of confirmed cases in the African continent reached 1,827,034, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|