04 November 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Albanian IS Repatriation From Syria Will Be Long Journey, Experts Say VOA 04 Nov 2020 -- The recent repatriation of an Islamic State (IS) woman and four children from the Kurdish-controlled al-Hol camp in northeastern Syria is being applauded as an important step by Albania to deal with its citizens abroad who have been affiliated with the terror group.
- Turkey vows 'firm' response to France ban on 'Grey Wolves' Press TV 04 Nov 2020 -- Turkey has vowed to 'respond in the firmest way' to France's decision to dissolve the Turkish Grey Wolves group.
- More Arrests Made in Vienna Terror Attack as Authorities Admit Errors VOA 04 Nov 2020 -- The Islamist militant who killed four people and wounded more than a dozen during a shooting rampage Monday in Vienna had told officials he had been deradicalized, which helped secure him an early release from prison and lighter surveillance.
- Daesh claims responsibility for Vienna attacks Press TV 04 Nov 2020 -- The Takfiri Daesh terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the recent deadly shooting attacks in the Austrian capital of Vienna, which left four people dead and nearly two dozen others injured.
- No Foreign Meddling Detected in Presidential Vote, US Officials Say VOA 04 Nov 2020 -- U.S. election security officials say no matter who emerges as the winner of the country's presidential election, it will be American voters, not foreign adversaries, who determined the outcome.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Worldwide Coronavirus Cases Cross 47.25 Million, Death Toll at 1,209,590 SPA 04 Nov 2020 -- More than 47.25 million people have been reported to be infected by the novel coronavirus globally and 1,209,590 have died, according to a Reuters tally.
- US Records Over 90,000 New COVID-19 Cases on Election Day VOA 04 Nov 2020 -- As voters across the United States lined up to cast their ballots in a hotly contested presidential race Tuesday, the nation posted one of its biggest numbers of confirmed COVID-19 infections in a single day.
- Over 850,000 children in US test positive for COVID-19 Global Times 04 Nov 2020 -- Over 850,000 children in the United States have been diagnosed with COVID-19 since the onset of the pandemic, according to a new report of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children's Hospital Association.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 04 Nov 2020
- Xinjiang may launch more massive tests to curb COVID-19 Global Times 04 Nov 2020 -- Chinese public health experts said that further rounds of massive nucleic acid testing may be coming in epidemic-stricken places in Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region as a large number of silent virus carriers are being discovered, increasing the difficulty of epidemic prevention and control.
- Chinese mainland reports 17 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 04 Nov 2020 -- Chinese health authorities said Wednesday that they received reports of 17 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Tuesday, including two that were domestically-transmitted and 15 imported.
- Macao SAR gov't to spend 52.61 mln USD on COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 04 Nov 2020 -- Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) government will spend 420 million patacas (about 52.61 million U.S. dollars) to buy COVID-19 vaccines for all Macao residents, the SAR's health chief said on Tuesday.
- Xinjiang reports 2 confirmed, 116 asymptomatic COVID-19 cases People's Daily 04 Nov 2020 -- China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region reported two new confirmed COVID-19 cases and 116 asymptomatic cases, all in south Xinjiang's Kashgar Prefecture, between the end of Monday and 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, according to a press conference held by the regional government.
- Germany has to pull "emergency brake" to control COVID-19 pandemic: minister People's Daily 04 Nov 2020 -- Germany has to "pull the emergency brake" to keep the COVID-19 pandemic in the country under control, said Federal Minister of Health Jens Spahn during a press conference on Tuesday.
- UK records highest single-day death toll from coronavirus since May People's Daily 04 Nov 2020 -- The coronavirus-related deaths in Britain rose by 397 to 47,250, the highest daily increase since May, according to official figures released Tuesday.
- MPs vote for second coronavirus lockdown Press TV 04 Nov 2020 -- MPs have resoundingly voted to support Prime Minister, Boris Johnson's plan for a month-long lockdown beginning on Thursday (November 05).
- British Parliament Approves Second National COVID-19 Lockdown VOA 04 Nov 2020 -- The British Parliament has approved a four-week coronavirus lockdown plan to begin Thursday morning.
- UK Daily COVID-19 Death Toll Rises by 492, Most Since Mid-May SPA 04 Nov 2020 -- Britain recorded 492 new COVID-19 deaths today, on Wednesday, the biggest toll since May 13 and up from 397 on Tuesday, Reuters cited government data as showing.
- Hungary Declares State Of Emergency, Announces COVID-19 Restrictions RFE/RL 04 Nov 2020 -- Hungary will introduce a state of emergency and impose fresh restrictions to stem a surge in coronavirus infections.
- Spain's Coronavirus Death Toll Hits 38,118 After Governemnt Revises Count SPA 04 Nov 2020 -- Spain's death toll from the coronavirus reached 38,118 after the Health Ministry revised its methodology for recording infections and fatalities, Reuters cited official data as showing today, on Wednesday, up sharply from Tuesday's unrevised 36,495.
- Italy Introduces Nationwide Curfew and Sets Regional Lockdown Rules SPA 04 Nov 2020 -- The Italian government announced a new set of anti-coronavirus measures on Wednesday, including a countrywide curfew and tighter rules for regions with high infection rates, dpa reported.
- India's COVID-19 tally reaches 8,313,876 Global Times 04 Nov 2020 -- India's COVID-19 tally reached 8,313,876 on Wednesday, as 46,253 new cases were detected across the country, according to latest data released by the federal health ministry.
- India sustains trend of consistently low Active Cases India PIB 04 Nov 2020 -- With a high number of COVID patients recovering every day and the sustained fall in the mortality rate, India's steady trend of registering dipping active cases continues. The active caseload is sustained below the 6L mark for the sixth successive day today.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan reviews COVID19 preparedness and measures for ensuring COVID Appropriate Behaviour in Karnataka India PIB 04 Nov 2020 -- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare held a meeting through video conferencing to review COVID-19 preparedness and measures for ensuring COVID Appropriate Behaviour with Dr. K.Sudhakar, Health and Medical Education Minister, Karnataka and other senior officials of the State Government, here today.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 419 more in Iran IRNA 04 Nov 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Wednesday that some 419 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours.
- Health Ministry: 426 New Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 04 Nov 2020 -- The Ministry of Health said in a statement today that 426 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 348,936 cases, including 7,871 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 736 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable.
- Taiwan revises COVID-19 protocols for arrivals from Philippines CNA 04 Nov 2020 -- Travelers arriving in Taiwan from the Philippines will no longer be required to quarantine in a designated facility, with effect from next week, as the pace of the pandemic has slowed in that country, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Wednesday.
- Taiwanese woman back from Poland tests positive for COVID-19 CNA 04 Nov 2020 -- One Taiwanese woman who recently returned from Poland has tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of cases in Taiwan to 568, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Wednesday.
- Emergency Anti-epidemic Units Stay Alert in DPRK KCNA 04 Nov 2020 -- The emergency anti-epidemic units of the DPRK are steadily intensifying the work for maintaining the stable anti-epidemic situation by keeping the public anti-epidemic atmosphere and the all-people unity of action.
- NATO delivers ventilators to Montenegro NATO 04 Nov 2020 -- On 4 November 2020 health authorities in Montenegro received 20 ventilators donated by the NATO stockpile in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Protecting citizens from COVID while granting refugee access, can be done: UNHCR UN News 04 Nov 2020 -- It is possible for countries to both protect public health and "ensure access" for vulnerable people forced to flee their homes, the UN refugee agency (UNHCR) said on Wednesday.
- Cambodia's PM Hun Sen COVID-19 Negative After Meeting Hungary's Now-Positive Top Diplomat Radio Free Asia 04 Nov 2020 -- Cambodia's Prime Minister Hun Sen said Wednesday that he and 17 family members, including drivers and bodyguards, tested negative for COVID-19, after he met with Hungarian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Peter Szijjarto, who tested positive after leaving the country for Thailand.
- Iceland's president to self-isolate after contact with virus case SPA 04 Nov 2020 -- Iceland's President Gudni Johannesson is to enter self-isolation after an employee of his office tested positive for the coronavirus, the presidential office said late on Tuesday, according to dpa.
- Kenya Reimposes COVID-19 Measures Amid Surging Cases VOA 04 Nov 2020 -- Kenyan health officials say the public has failed to follow health protocols to limit the spread of COVID-19, leading to a jump in daily infections. Kenya's President Uhuru Kenyatta now is reintroducing new measures to curb the virus's spread, just weeks after lifting some restrictions.
- Australia to Lift COVID-19 Border Restrictions in Most Populous States VOA 04 Nov 2020 -- COVID-19 border restrictions are to be lifted between Australia's most populous states. Authorities in New South Wales say the border with Victoria will reopen on Nov 23 but warn it will be a "calculated risk." Victoria has been at the center of Australia's coronavirus crisis, but strict lockdown measures appear, for now, to have worked.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|