11 October 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- El Chapo's Soldiers Exchange Threats With Mexico's Most Powerful Cartel in Control for Territory Sputnik 11 Oct 2020 -- The Jalisco New Generation Cartel is a semi-militarised criminal narcotics powerhouse, operating in more than a dozen states across Mexico, including Nayarit. The organisation is headed by Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes, also known as "El Mencho", who was once an ally of the currently incarcerated drug lord Joaqu√≠n "El Chapo" Guzm√°n.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Global COVID Count is More Than 37 Million VOA 11 Oct 2020 -- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center reported early Sunday there are more than 37.2 million global COVID-19 cases and more than a million deaths.
- Trump: 'I Beat This Crazy, Horrible China Virus' VOA 11 Oct 2020 -- More than a week after testing positive for the coronavirus, U.S. President Donald Trump described himself Sunday as being "in very good shape" and said he was no longer taking any medication.
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Updates New Yorkers on State's Progress During COVID-19 Pandemic New York State 11 Oct 2020
- New study suggests most early COVID-19 cases in LA trace back to Europe People's Daily 11 Oct 2020 -- These findings suggest that SARS-CoV-2 genomes in Los Angeles were predominantly related to the isolates originating from Europe, which are similar to viral strain distributions in New York City, according to the study.
- Trump's doctor says president "no longer" a transmission risk People's Daily 11 Oct 2020 -- U.S. President Donald Trump, who tested positive for COVID-19 on Oct. 1, is "no longer considered a transmission risk to others," his doctor said on Saturday as the president prepared to resume campaign rallies.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 11 Oct 2020
- E China's Qingdao reports 3 asymptomatic patients, possibly related to imported cases Global Times 11 Oct 2020 -- Authorities in East China's coastal city Qingdao sealed off some blocks of local residential compounds and hospitals after three asymptomatic COVID-19 patients were found on Sunday.
- 2nd wave of COVID-19 has broken out, but less worrying than first: former CDC head Global Times 11 Oct 2020 -- As temperatures drop in the northern hemisphere, a rebound of coronavirus has been observed in many parts of the world, bringing a second wave of the global COVID-19 pandemic, former head of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) told the Global Times on Sunday. This time, however, will be less worrying, she said.
- 9 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 11 Oct 2020 -- The National Health Commission said Sunday that nine COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Saturday.
- Wales set to be hit hard by coronavirus second wave Press TV 11 Oct 2020 -- As the government grapples with rising coronavirus infections in England, there is a danger that the rapidly worsening situation in neighboring Wales could be overlooked.
- UK's Johnson has lost control of coronavirus: Labour Press TV 11 Oct 2020 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has lost control of the coronavirus pandemic in the UK, says opposition Labour's pensions policy chief Jonathan Reynolds.
- Poland Exceeds 5,000 Virus Cases in A Day SPA 11 Oct 2020 -- New cases of the coronavirus exceeded 5,000 in Poland, dpa cited the Health Ministry as saying today, on Saturday.
- India's COVID-19 tally surpasses 7 million Global Times 11 Oct 2020 -- India's COVID-19 tally surpassed 7 million on Sunday, reaching 7,053,806, as the death toll reached 108,334, announced the federal health ministry.
- India's Total Recoveries cross the landmark milestone of 60 lakh India PIB 11 Oct 2020 -- India has scaled another peak today. The total recoveries have crossed the landmark milestone of 60 lakh (60,77,976).
- India's Coronavirus Infections Cross 7 Million SPA 11 Oct 2020 -- India's coronavirus case tally topped 7 million after it reported 74,383 new infections in the last 24 hours, data from the health ministry showed on Sunday, even as the spread moderated in western states such as Maharashtra, Reuters reported.
- COVID-19 daily death toll hits new record in Iran IRNA 11 Oct 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday that some 251 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours.
- Coronavirus Cases Stay Below 100 for 3rd Day in S. Korea SPA 11 Oct 2020 -- South Korea reported 72 new COVID-19 cases today, on Saturday, its third straight day of the number being below 100, but authorities remained on high alert amid back-to-back holidays, Yonhap reported.
- Nearly 2 million doses of flu vaccine used so far in 6 days: CDC CNA 11 Oct 2020 -- Nearly 2 million doses of influenza vaccine purchased by the government to provide free shots to vulnerable people have been administered so far, six days after the annual vaccination program was launched Monday, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) said Sunday.
- Brazil's COVID-19 death toll tops 150,000 Global Times 11 Oct 2020 -- The COVID-19 death toll in Brazil reached 150,198 on Saturday after 559 more deaths reported in the last 24 hours, the health ministry said.
- Canada's COVID-19 cases surpass 180,000 level Global Times 11 Oct 2020 -- Canada has confirmed a total of 180,145 COVID-19 cases as of Saturday afternoon, including 9,608 deaths, according to CTV.
- Nigeria reports 111 new coronavirus cases SPA 11 Oct 2020 -- As many as 111 cases of novel coronavirus COVID-19 have been reported in Nigeria over the past 24 hours.
- UN in Myanmar comes together to protect people from COVID-19 UN News 11 Oct 2020 -- More than 20 UN agencies in Myanmar have come together to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, and staff are putting their lives on their line to support the Organization's efforts to protect lives and boost livelihoods.
- Malawi President Defends Against His COVID-19 Complacency VOA 11 Oct 2020 -- Malawian President Lazarus Chakwera has defended himself from public criticism for not putting on a face mask during his scheduled three-day official visit to Tanzania Wednesday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|