05 October 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Weekly Epidemiological Update WHO 05 Oct 2020
- COVID-19 Likely Infected 10% of World's Population, 'Difficult Period' Ahead as Cases Surge - WHO Sputnik 05 Oct 2020 -- Dr. Michael Ryan, the head of emergencies at the World Health Organization (WHO), revealed Monday that the agency's "best estimates" suggest that around 1 in 10 people worldwide may have been infected by COVID-19, which would be more than 20 times the number of confirmed cases.
- 10% of World's Population May Have Been Infected with Coronavirus, WHO Says VOA 05 Oct 2020 -- The World Health Organization says roughly one in 10 people around the world may have been infected with the coronavirus.
- COVID-19 disrupting critical mental health services, WHO warns UN News 05 Oct 2020 -- The global pandemic has disrupted critical mental health services in 93 per cent of the countries it surveyed, underscoring the devastating impact of COVID-19 and highlighting an urgent need to scale up funding, the UN World Health Organization (WHO) has said.
- 70 per cent of COVID cases located in just 10 countries, WHO reports UN News 05 Oct 2020 -- While COVID-19 has affected all countries, the pandemic is "uneven", and it is estimated that 10 per cent of the global population may have been infected with the virus, senior officials with the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Monday.
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Updates New Yorkers on State's Progress During COVID-19 Pandemic New York State 05 Oct 2020
- Trump Returns to White House After 72 Hours in Hospital for COVID-19 VOA 05 Oct 2020 -- U.S. President Donald Trump returned to the White House on Monday evening after 72 hours of hospitalization for COVID-19.
- Trump leaves Walter Reed despite coronavirus infection Press TV 05 Oct 2020 -- US President Donald Trump has left the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center after spending three days there for treatment of the coronavirus.
- White House doctor: Rosy assessment of Trump health meant to contain alarm Press TV 05 Oct 2020 -- White House physician Sean Conley says he has lied about Donald Trump's health because he did not want to cause alarm amid uncertainty about the severity of the president's status after he tested positive with the coronavirus.
- White House Press Secretary Says She Has Tested Positive For COVID-19, Experiencing No Symptoms Sputnik 05 Oct 2020 -- White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows has said that US President Donald Trump's condition continued to improve overnight, adding that the president could be able to leave the hospital and return to the White House later in the day.
- Trump's Condition Continued to Improve Overnight, White House Chief of Staff Says Sputnik 05 Oct 2020 -- The day before, United States National Security Adviser Robert C. O'Brien said that US President Donald Trump was "in great shape and firmly in command of the country" while he is being treated for coronavirus.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 05 Oct 2020
- Chinese experts doubt rosy report on Trump's health after his brief ride-by amid COVID treatment Global Times 05 Oct 2020 -- Chinese frontline medical experts believe that US President Donald Trump is likely in a more serious condition from COVID-19 than the rosy image being painted by Trump's medical team, as Chinese netizens closely follow updates online, and express concern over the health risks of his joyride out of the hospital on Sunday night.
- Britain's Johnson Says 'Tough Times Ahead' for Business as Pandemic Takes Toll VOA 05 Oct 2020 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Monday there would be "tough times ahead" for businesses, as another international company announced it was suspending operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Head of UK's COVID-19 Tracing System Faces Calls to Resign Over 16,000 Unreported Cases Sputnik 05 Oct 2020 -- Diana Mary "Dido" Harding, the head of the UK National Health Service's COVID-19 Test and Trace programme, is facing calls for her resignation on Monday, after the government admitted that almost 16,000 cases of coronavirus went unreported for several days due to technical problems.
- In Europe, Local Leaders Increasingly Frustrated with Pandemic Restrictions VOA 05 Oct 2020 -- In Madrid, the mayor has bowed before the law of the land, but has vowed to take Spain's central government to the courts to try to reverse new more restrictive coronavirus lockdown rules.
- EU Commission President to Self-Isolate After COVID Exposure VOA 05 Oct 2020 -- European Commission Chair Ursula von der Leyen said Monday that she will self-isolate after learning she was exposed last week to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Russia's new coronavirus cases surge to highest since May 12 SPA 05 Oct 2020 -- Russia's daily tally of new coronavirus cases rose to its highest since May 12 on Monday as authorities reported 10,888 new infections nationwide, including 3,537 in Moscow, Reuters reported.
- India crosses a Significant Milestone India PIB 05 Oct 2020 -- India has crossed a landmark milestone. The active cases has been maintained the below the 10 lakh mark for 14 days unabated.
- COVID-19 kills 235 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 05 Oct 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Monday that some 235 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours.
- A Village In The Oil-Rich Khuzestan Abandoned With COVID-19 Claims MP Radio Farda 05 Oct 2020 -- A former member of the Iranian parliament, Hedayatullah Khademi, says that all residents of a village in the oil-rich province of Khuzestan in southwest Iran have been infected with the coronavirus.
- Health Ministry: Active Cases Decrease to less than 10,000 SPA 05 Oct 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement here today that 379 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 336,766 cases, including 9,813 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Taiwan records one new imported case of COVID-19 CNA 05 Oct 2020 -- Taiwan recorded one new imported case of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 518 since the outbreak of the disease at the end of last year, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said that day.
- Conflict, Coronavirus Pandemic Threaten Refugee Protection VOA 05 Oct 2020 -- U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi warns the coronavirus pandemic poses unparalleled challenges and threats to refugee protection at a time when conflicts are flaring up in many parts of the world. The high commissioner was speaking at the opening of the agency's annual executive committee meeting in Geneva.
- Sri Lanka imposes curfew in outskirts of capital after COVID-19 patient found Global Times 05 Oct 2020 -- Sri Lankan authorities on Sunday imposed a curfew in some parts of Gampaha in the outskirts of capital Colombo after a 39-year-old garment factory worker was detected with COVID-19.
- Nigeria reports 160 new COVID-19 cases SPA 05 Oct 2020 -- Nigeria reported today 160 new cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and one death.
- Learning lessons from COVID-19 in Myanmar UN News 05 Oct 2020 -- School closures in Myanmar resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic have affected millions of students. The UN is working with the country's authorities to ensure that the education system is made more resilient, and children's schooling is protected as much as possible.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|