03 October 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Worldwide coronavirus cases cross 34.71 million, death toll at 1,028,910 SPA 03 Oct 2020 -- More than 34.71 million people have been reported to be infected by the novel coronavirus globally and 1,028,910 have died, according to a Reuters tally.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 03 Oct 2020
- Ireland Seeing "Significant Escalation" in COVID-19 Cases SPA 03 Oct 2020 -- Ireland is seeing a "significant escalation" in COVID-19 infections, the acting chief medical officer said on Saturday after reporting the highest daily death toll since May and the third-highest number of daily cases recorded to date, according to Reuters.
- French coronavirus cases reach record level with nearly 17,000 new infections SPA 03 Oct 2020 -- France on Saturday reported nearly 17,000 new confirmed coronavirus infections over the last 24 hours, setting a new daily record.
- New coronavirus infections in Italy rise above 2,800, in a single day SPA 03 Oct 2020 -- Italy reported 2,844 new cases of the novel coronavirus, in the past 24 hours on Saturday, confirming a worrying upward trend in infections, according to dpa.
- India's Coronavirus Death Toll Exceeds 100,000 SPA 03 Oct 2020 -- India said today, on Saturday the death toll from the novel coronavirus has exceeded 100,000, becoming only the third country in the world after the United States and Brazil to surpass this figure, Kyodo reported.
- India's COVID-19 death toll surpasses 100,000-mark Global Times 03 Oct 2020 -- India's death toll from the COVID-19 pandemic has surpassed the 100,000-mark on Saturday, reaching 100,842, according to the latest data released by the federal health ministry.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 179 more in Iran IRNA 03 Oct 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday that some 179 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours.
- President calls on people to wear face-masks IRNA 03 Oct 2020 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani called Saturday on people to wear face-masks to thank medical personnel for their round-the-clock efforts to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
- Health Ministry: Critical Cases under 1,000, 626 New Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 03 Oct 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement here today that 419 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 335,997 cases, including 10,173 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Sends U.S President A Cable to Wish him Speedy Recovery from COVID-19 SPA 03 Oct 2020 -- The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud sent the U.S. President Donald Trump a cable to wish him a speedy recovery after he and the first lady tested positive for COVID-19.
- Cruise ship outbreak decisive in Taiwan COVID-19 policy: health minister CNA 03 Oct 2020 -- Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (???) on Saturday said the mass outbreak of COVID-19 aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship in February was pivotal in shaping Taiwan's approach to the disease, by showing that strict quarantine can be even more effective than testing as a means of containment.
- Chairman of SAC of DPRK Kim Jong Un Sends Message of Sympathy to U.S. President KCNA 03 Oct 2020 -- Kim Jong Un, chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, sent a message of sympathy to Donald J. Trump, president of the United States of America, on Oct. 3.
- India Records 100,000 COVID Deaths; Solomons No Longer Coronavirus-Free VOA 03 Oct 2020 -- As the world approached 35 million cases of coronavirus Saturday, India reached a grim milestone of more than 100,000 dead from COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. It is the third country in the world to pass that mark, following the United States and Brazil, according to Johns Hopkins University data.
- Indonesia reports 4,007 fresh COVID-19 cases, 83 new deaths Global Times 03 Oct 2020 -- The COVID-19 cases in Indonesia rose by 4,007 within one day to 299,506, with the death toll adding by 83 to 11,055, the Health Ministry said on Saturday.
- Brazil tops 145,000 deaths from COVID-19 Global Times 03 Oct 2020 -- The Brazilian Ministry of Health reported Friday 708 new deaths from COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, bringing the country's death toll to 145,388.
- Argentina warns increase in COVID-19 cases, deaths Global Times 03 Oct 2020 -- The Argentine government warned on Friday that the country is experiencing a sustained increase in infections and deaths from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), for which it has decided to strengthen case detection operations in certain areas of the country.
- Former Ukrainian President Poroshenko Hospitalized With COVID-19 Related Pneumonia RFE/RL 03 Oct 2020 -- Former Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has been hospitalized with bilateral pneumonia after he tested positive for COVID-19, his wife said on October 3.
- Mexico's Confirmed Coronavirus Cases up to 753,090 SPA 03 Oct 2020 -- Mexico's confirmed coronavirus cases rose to 753,090 today, on Friday, along with a total reported death toll of 78,492, Reuters cited updated data from the Mexican health ministry as showing.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|