02 October 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Weekly Update WHO 02 Oct 2020
- UN chief wants older people to be priority in COVID-19 response People's Daily 02 Oct 2020 -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Thursday asked older people to be a priority in the global response to COVID-19, on the occasion of the International Day of Older Persons.
- Global COVID-19 cases surpass 34 mln: Johns Hopkins University Global Times 02 Oct 2020 -- Global COVID-19 cases surpassed 34 million on Thursday, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University.
- Global COVID-19 cases surpass 34 mln: Johns Hopkins University People's Daily 02 Oct 2020 -- Global COVID-19 cases surpassed 34 million on Thursday, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University.
- Countries face 'critical moment' in COVID response: UN health agency chief UN News 02 Oct 2020 -- With strong leadership and comprehensive strategies it's never too late for countries to change the trendlines of the COVID-19 pandemic, despite passing the tragic milestone of one million deaths this week amid regional surges in infections, said the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) on Friday.
- Statement by Jonathan Hoffman, Chief Pentagon Spokesman on the Health of the President, First Lady and Military Readiness DoD 02 Oct 2020
- Trump says he and wife test positive for COVID-19 People's Daily 02 Oct 2020 -- US President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump tested positive for COVID-19, he said in a tweet early on Friday.
- China Has Mixed Reactions to News of Trump's COVID-19 Status Radio Free Asia 02 Oct 2020 -- China's state media on Friday widely reported the news that U.S. President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump had tested positive for COVID-19, in a tone that remained mostly neutral.
- Weekly Update: DHS Response to COVID-19 DHS 02 Oct 2020
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Announces Record Number of COVID-19 Tests Reported New York State 02 Oct 2020
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 02 Oct 2020
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Oct 2020 -- No new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported Thursday across the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 10 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Oct 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 10 new imported COVID-19 cases Thursday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 2,875, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Hong Kong reports another COVID-19 case from unknown source Global Times 02 Oct 2020 -- A nurse in Hong Kong tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday, the Hong Kong government announced on the same day. The case was the city's latest infection from an unknown source following a few sporadic cases from unknown origins reported since Hong Kong was hit by a third wave of the epidemic in mid-July.
- Black people almost twice as likely to die from COVID-19 in UK: study Global Times 02 Oct 2020 -- An independent study commissioned by London Mayor, Sadiq Khan, has revealed that across the United Kingdom (UK), black people are 1.9 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than white people, the city government said Thursday in a press statement.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 187 more in Iran IRNA 02 Oct 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Friday that some 187 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours.
- Health Ministry: Total Recoveries Exceeded 320,000, over 51,000 Lab Tests Conducted, in Saudi Arabia SPA 02 Oct 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement here today that 481 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 335,578 cases, including 10,407 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Taiwan reports two new imported cases of COVID-19 CNA 02 Oct 2020 -- Two new COVID-19 cases were confirmed in Taiwan on Friday, both of them returning Taiwanese who has been working overseas for some time, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Application of Scientific Methods to Anti-Epidemic Work Brisk in DPRK KCNA 02 Oct 2020 -- The emergency anti-epidemic units at all levels are directing great efforts to taking measures for thoroughly checking the inroads of COVID-19 in a scientific way.
- Sao Paulo signs agreement with Chinese producer for COVID-19 vaccine doses, but price over $2 each: source Global Times 02 Oct 2020 -- The government of Brazil's Sao Paulo state signed a contract on Wednesday to receive 46 million doses of a potential vaccine from China's vaccine producer frontrunner Sinovac Biotech. But a company source told the Global Times the price of each dose would not be as low as $1.96, as what the Sao Paulo governor implied.
- Australia to open borders to New Zealand in limited travel bubble Global Times 02 Oct 2020 -- The Australian government has announced that it will open its borders to travellers from New Zealand within weeks.
- Canada to Keep U.S. Border Curbs Until Pandemic Is Much Less Serious SPA 02 Oct 2020 -- Canada will maintain restrictions on non-essential travel with the United States until the coronavirus outbreak in both nations is much less serious, Reuters cited a senior government official as saying today, on Friday.
- Lebanon imposes partial lockdown as virus case numbers spike SPA 02 Oct 2020 -- Lebanon will place 111 villages and towns across the country under a lockdown due to a surge in the new coronavirus cases there, the Interior Ministry said on Friday, according to dpa.
- KSrelief Delivers PCR Devices to Yemeni Ministry of Health to Detect Coronavirus cases SPA 02 Oct 2020 -- King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSrelief) has delivered yesterday five PCR devices, to the National Program for Drug Supply in the Yemeni Ministry of Health, to detect new cases of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|