22 September 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Dirty Money, Criminal Cash: Bank Leaks Allege Vast Scale of Global Fraud VOA 22 Sep 2020 -- Leaked documents allege that some of the worldâs largest banks have allowed $2 trillion worth of suspicious or fraudulent activity to take place, including money laundering for criminal gangs and terrorists.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Global coronavirus death toll now at over 962K Press TV 22 Sep 2020 -- The new coronavirus has infected a total of more than 31.21 million people and killed 962,705 across the world so far, according to one tally.
- Major Powers Spotlight COVID-19 Response at UNGA VOA 22 Sep 2020 -- As the U.N. General Assembly annual debate got under way Tuesday, combating and eliminating the coronavirus pandemic was the foremost preoccupation of the world's major powers.
- Remarks by President Trump to the 75th Session of the United Nations General Assembly The White House 22 Sep 2020
- Speaking at UN, Trump accuses China of spreading COVID-19 Press TV 22 Sep 2020 -- US President Donald Trump has once again blamed China for the COVID-19 pandemic and called on Beijing to be punished for its handling of the disease.
- Trump Tells UN to Hold China Accountable for Coronavirus VOA 22 Sep 2020 -- U.S. President Donald Trump called on the United Nations to âhold China accountable for their actionsâ in a speech to the world bodyâs General Assembly Tuesday.
- Trump Hits China Over Coronavirus, Environment at Opening of UN General Assembly Radio Free Asia 22 Sep 2020 -- U.S. President Donald Trump attacked China during his address to the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on Tuesday, accusing Beijing of failing to contain the coronavirus, polluting the world, and manipulating trade, while Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping voiced veiled criticism of Washington.
- AI Aids DOD in Early Detection of COVID-19 DoD News 22 Sep 2020 -- The Defense Threat Reduction Agency and Defense Innovation Unit are applying commercial technology for early detection of the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2, which causes the COVID-19 coronavirus disease.
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 22 Sep 2020
- US Records World-Leading 200,000th Coronavirus Death VOA 22 Sep 2020 -- The United States on Tuesday recorded its 200,000th coronavirus death, a world-leading figure that health experts say could continue to increase by tens of thousands in the coming months.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 22 Sep 2020
- China's schools welcome 242 million students back post pandemic Global Times 22 Sep 2020 -- A total of 242 million students in China have returned to school as of Friday, accounting for 90 percent of the total number, which shows China's education system has withstood a major test amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Education said.
- Chinese City Scheduled for Limited Re-opening After COVID-19 Scare VOA 22 Sep 2020 -- A Chinese city on the border with Myanmar last week began testing thousands of residents for the coronavirus after two Myanmar migrants tested positive.
- UK COVID-19 alert level recommended to raise to level 4 Global Times 22 Sep 2020 -- Britain's chief medical officers (CMOs) have recommended moving the country's COVID-19 alert level from level 3 to level 4, according to a joint statement released on Monday from the CMOs.
- UK PM unveils new restrictions to curb rising coronavirus infections People's Daily 22 Sep 2020 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Tuesday announced new restrictive measures to tackle a sharp rise in the country's coronavirus cases.
- Johnson moots deployment of military to contain coronavirus second wave Press TV 22 Sep 2020 -- As widely expected, Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, has introduced new coronavirus-related restrictions for England which could potentially last six months.
- Boris Johnson Stops Short of Imposing Lockdown as He Announces New COVID-19 Restrictions For England Sputnik 22 Sep 2020 -- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has made a statement on the coronavirus situation in the United Kingdom in the House of Commons.
- Britain Enacts Restrictions as Coronavirus at âPerilous Turning Pointâ VOA 22 Sep 2020 -- Saying the nation has reached a âperilous turning point,â British Prime Minister Boris Johnson Tuesday imposed new coronavirus-related restrictions on bars and restaurants and urged people to work from home, as the nation faces a surge in new cases.
- India registers a Record of Highest Single day recoveries India PIB 22 Sep 2020 -- In an unprecedented surge, India has recorded the highest number of single day recoveries.
- India's New Coronavirus Infections at Lowest in Almost a Month SPA 22 Sep 2020 -- India reported 75,083 new cases of the novel coronavirus in the last 24 hours, according to federal health data released on Tuesday, the lowest daily tally in almost a month, Reuters reported.
- Pakistan Begins Phase 3 Trial of Chinese COVID-19 Vaccine VOA 22 Sep 2020 -- Pakistan began final-phase testing Tuesday of a Chinese-made vaccine against novel coronavirus, the first ever clinical trial of its kind in the South Asian nation.
- COVID-19 kills 178 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 22 Sep 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Tuesday that some 178 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours.
- Health Ministry: 1185 New COVID-19 Recoveries while 6,141,968 Tests Conducted SPA 22 Sep 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement here today that 552 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 330,798 cases, including 13,572 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Turkish preschoolers, first graders return to school with caution amid COVID-19 resurgence Global Times 22 Sep 2020 -- Preschoolers and first graders in Turkey returned to school on Monday, though with limited in-class lessons given the resurgence in new COVID-19 infections.
- UN says over 200,000 refugee children out of school in Ethiopia due to COVID-19 People's Daily 22 Sep 2020 -- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) on Tuesday said more than 200,000 refugee children are out of school in Ethiopia due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Malaysian PM calls for COVID-19 vaccine to be universally accessible in UN speech People's Daily 22 Sep 2020 -- Malaysian Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin has called for the world to ensure that once a COVID-19 vaccine is available, it should be available to all nations.
- Only multilateralism can combat COVID-19 pandemic, says Colombian president People's Daily 22 Sep 2020 -- Colombian President Ivan Duque said Monday that only multilateralism can effectively combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
- South African President warns pandemic has set back African development UN News 22 Sep 2020 -- Despite the continent-wide approach taken by African countries to combat COVID-19, the pandemic has set back their development aspirations, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa told world leaders at the UN General Assembly on Tuesday.
- New Zealand Eases COVID-19 Restrictions VOA 22 Sep 2020 -- COVID-19 restrictions are being relaxed in New Zealand as infection rates fall. In a four-tiered alert system, all but the nationâs biggest city, Auckland, will move to the lowest disease-control level, alert level one on Tuesday. Auckland will move to alert level two on Wednesday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|